Post match- "I knew it was coming,...their effort wasn't there in training"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As Mick Ennis said in commentary, Pay should of swapped Hopoate to the other side when it was so obvious that our left side edge was producing horrible defensive misreads.
What would Ennis know. Pay split up Montoya and Hopoate in purpose. If he didn't you would've had Olive and Smith on the same side. Total first grade experience between the 2 of them 5 games. It was the right move.

Gordon would've made 10 breaks against those 2.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Olive & Frawley were much worse than Montoya today.
Especially Frawley & those missed tackles/5th play options.
Bringing in Lewis isn’t the answer for us, but at least it’s a better option to the current mob we have in the spine.
Olive & Frawley were terrible as well.
But Montoya has been terrible all season.
But man I don't consider it his fault as Montoya does actually try, he just doesn't have the natural ability to place first grade NRL.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can shuffle the deck and deal a new hand as many times as you like, but if you have no trump cards in your deck you will never have a winning hand.

Pay has no chance at the table with that deck.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would Ennis know. Pay split up Montoya and Hopoate in purpose. If he didn't you would've had Olive and Smith on the same side. Total first grade experience between the 2 of them 5 games. It was the right move.

Gordon would've made 10 breaks against those 2.
So I guess the obvious decision from that is no one in our squad today would have helped the situation.....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But largely this same team performed better last year...

If you have a centre and winger combination getting rolled 4 times in a half by Michael Gordon of all people wouldn’t you hook one when you have a back on the bench?
Pay was probably busy harvesting crops or feeding chickens or whatever you do in Farmville.

Or in the crowd trying to catch Pokemon.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Olive Montoya and Frawley need to pay the price. Hoppa to Fullback, Holland to centre The twins back, with Lewis and Foran in the Halves. King at Hooker

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
At least with Brenko for his awful defence he'd do some good things in attack, Montoya offers nothing.
Less than nothing.
He can't even run 50 meters with no one in front of him. In fact gets run down by Luke Brooks in 35 meters when Brooks had to run at least 15 extra meters.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris boys only. God help us next year.
So we basically have no money in the cap, yet half our first grade squad are reserve grade material.
Oh, & our million dollar half back is damaged goods at best!!!

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So we basically have no money in the cap, yet half our first grade squad are reserve grade material.
Oh, & our million dollar half back is damaged goods at best!!!
But it's Pays fault

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard that when Pay was asked about the team’s execution, he said “I’m in favor of it.” :grinning:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay was elected cause that fucking worm of a human being, Ray dib, was trying to save his ass.

Reality is, we shoulda got jimmy or some other guy cause pay is nothing but a dumb meat head with no game plan or tactics. If he is lucky he’ll stay through 2 years.

Every call on player selection has been shit. Lichaa (we all got fooled), jmk, this clay priest... everyone he has selected has been a dud. Meaney and cogger are shit.

If I was Anderson id buy Robbie and use him to white ant pay.
Pay a meathead? He’s a fkn princess. Would rather a meathead that tells his players to just run straight and kill yourselves over whatever the fuck pay tells the team.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay and Jackson there clearly angry. Good to see Jackson stand up for his coach, shows he has a lot of respect for him.

The issue is obviously the players. They've been brainwashed and wrapped in bubblewrap for so long, it's too late for a lot of them to change. I'm happy to give Pay more time, but there's a large number of guys in our squad that need to be tapped on the shoulder.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye defended him. Graham was bitting his tounge in every interview.

Im not the biggest fan of Pays coaching at the moment and in hindsight id have taken Jimmy.
But thats what we have atm.
There may be a big name coach moving within a year...

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa JMK Frawley Mybe name me a wosre spine in the history of the game. Our forwards are probably sick of putting in. They dont see the point of making an effort anymore due to our spine not being able to captailise on there hard work. Ill reverse judgment on Pay until he has a better spine to work with. Buying Mason Lino or Corey Norman would be a good start. Along with Barba as fb. Until the spine is fixed it wont matter who is coach or who our forwards or outside backs are.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Less than nothing.
He can't even run 50 meters with no one in front of him. In fact gets run down by Luke Brooks in 35 meters when Brooks had to run at least 15 extra meters.
We have alot of plodders who cant run

Just have a look at Floporan, the flop runs 1m and breaks a toe nail

Status
Not open for further replies.