Dean Pay - What is our game plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get he inherited the roster and is dealing with the salary cap and whatever other legitimate or otherwise excuses bandied around

But, what is our game plan? The attack is borderline worse than last season!

He cannot seem to grasp making adjustments on the run! We leaked 26 points down the left and 22 in one half.

Remember against Panthers when they were leaking down the edge and we scored twice .....what did their coach do? He made adjustments and plugged the problem and Panthers overcame a 12 point deficit to beat us by 8

I ask again, what is our gameplan? The titans rookie coach had a plan to mercilessly attack our left edge and he hit the jackpot

You look at Souths rookie coach attacking game plan, they leading the comp with the same roster as last year

Today was as embarrassing as you can get!

Why did he leave an attacking backrower Martin out and carried 3 props including the NSW prop on the bench?

Why wasn’t Holland starting on the wing instead of recalling Montoya?

Why is JJ not at 13?

Why has our attack and defence gone backwards this year

He may have inherited the roster but he decided to re sign Lichaa (worst than last season) and move Brenko Lee on ( he destroyed us today)

I honestly don’t think he knows how to make basic coaching decisions proactively during a game

If Des over coached the team then Pay doesn’t coach enough

We need a Director of Coaching to mentor him more than we need a 6,7 and 9

I’m not proud to be a Bulldogs supporter today

This is a fkn shambles

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said couldn’t have said it better.... I think our side is young and dumb and coached by a coach who wasn’t ready for this. I also believe a lot of our coaching staff needs a revamp espically in the attacking department.

If pay wants to be a good coach he needs to make some hard calls before and during the game. If he can’t even do that then he isn’t the answer. I was excited to see what he had to offer but I’m slowly starting to dislike his coaching ability. His choices in some positions are really getting to me.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We clearly have the 3 worst halves options in the comp .. one of them is crippled and on a million dollars..

You show me a team in the comp that can compete without any halves

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pays ability as coach is being exposed, I agree. As you say, the roster is a significant part of the problem and he deserves some time. However there are some glaring deficiencies in our play that show no signs of being overcome.
It’s a really really sad situation for our club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's fucking useless, it's as simple as that. I can't believe how fucking incompetent this **** is, it's amazing he got a gig as an NRL coach. Just fucking disgraceful, absolutely embarrassing. I bet he also makes loud chewing sounds when eating.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We clearly have the 3 worst halves options in the comp .. one of them is crippled and on a million dollars..

You show me a team in the comp that can compete without any halves
I get that but isn’t not the job of the coach to work on problem solve the issues?

We were leaking like a old tap on the left and he refused to make a call on it

At halftime apparently all he says was ‘just be more aggressive on defence ‘

Yup because aggressive will now land Klemmer on suspension and miss Origin

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's fucking useless, it's as simple as that. I can't believe how fucking incompetent this **** is, it's amazing he got a gig as an NRL coach. Just fucking disgraceful, absolutely embarrassing. I bet he also makes loud chewing sounds when eating.
I’m just astounded by his refusal to make basic adjustments on the run

The whole coaching group is a tent show

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No in don't want Hasler back but we are dead set worse than last year.

We play one out shit like reserve grade park footy in NZ. 1 2 3 4 one out runs, a shitty back door play finished by the worst kick imaginable. Topped off with a shot into the coaches box with a blank stare from Dud Pay. Rinse and repeat.

Pay is horrendous.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Even our trainers are fat. Like what fucking club has fat trainers on the field? Fuck.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pays ability as coach is being exposed, I agree. As you say, the roster is a significant part of the problem and he deserves some time. However there are some glaring deficiencies in our play that show no signs of being overcome.
It’s a really really sad situation for our club.
I’m just frustrated that NOTHING has improved on attack or defence from last season

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree that pay could have done things better, without doubt.. but Jesus Christ he's dealing with a horrible line up .. and completely useless halves

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No in don't want Hasler back but we are dead set worse than last year.

We play one out shit like reserve grade park footy in NZ. 1 2 3 4 one out runs, a shitty back door play finished by the worst kick imaginable. Topped off with a shot into the coaches box with a blank stare from Dud Pay. Rinse and repeat.

Pay is horrendous.
I know man..... we are clueless on attack and make bad reads consistently on defence

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m just frustrated that NOTHING has improved on attack or defence from last season
How can it improve when the roster hasnt improved?

Didnt Roosters finish second last in 2016 after losing Pearce for fucking a Dog?

Whats going on with the Cowboys this season?

We have pretty much lost a whole spine for a newer more useless spine

I get your frustration, though do you really think any coach can get something out of our spine? If they can than i say Robinson should of gotten the flick in 2016 and Green should be shown the door this year

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get he inherited the roster and is dealing with the salary cap and whatever other legitimate or otherwise excuses bandied around

But, what is our game plan? The attack is borderline worse than last season!

He cannot seem to grasp making adjustments on the run! We leaked 26 points down the left and 22 in one half.

Remember against Panthers when they were leaking down the edge and we scored twice .....what did their coach do? He made adjustments and plugged the problem and Panthers overcame a 12 point deficit to beat us by 8

I ask again, what is our gameplan? The titans rookie coach had a plan to mercilessly attack our left edge and he hit the jackpot

You look at Souths rookie coach attacking game plan, they leading the comp with the same roster as last year

Today was as embarrassing as you can get!

Why did he leave an attacking backrower Martin out and carried 3 props including the NSW prop on the bench?

Why wasn’t Holland starting on the wing instead of recalling Montoya?

Why is JJ not at 13?

Why has our attack and defence gone backwards this year

He may have inherited the roster but he decided to re sign Lichaa (worst than last season) and move Brenko Lee on ( he destroyed us today)

I honestly don’t think he knows how to make basic coaching decisions proactively during a game

If Des over coached the team then Pay doesn’t coach enough

We need a Director of Coaching to mentor him more than we need a 6,7 and 9

I’m not proud to be a Bulldogs supporter today

This is a fkn shambles
Don't mention Souths, they have 20 players in their top 20 squad who would walk into our spine alone. That's our MAJOR problem.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay is very well liked within the club as a person but as a coach the board know he’s not professional and analytical enough for first grade standard. Pay is a deer in lights and only a matter of time before he’s gone

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay is very well liked within the club as a person but as a coach the board know he’s not professional and analytical enough for first grade standard. Pay is a deer in lights and only a matter of time before he’s gone
At least get a mentor in there ala Gus at Panthers style

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His game plan is get rid of 25 or our top 30 and get real footy players.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Montoya/frawley/lichha are not first grade standard the fact pay keeps picking them shows hes out of his depth and this holland on the bench thing absolutely proves it

Status
Not open for further replies.