Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if he has a blinder would pay keep him there over Montoya
For sure,
Pay has been Very patient with Montoya and called full time.
Being a dog junior will only get him so far,I can only assume now that smith will get a fair stint to show us his worth.
I remember watching his dad play back in the day
Above average and very a determined player
Any way good luck to him,it’s time

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure,
Pay has been Very patient with Montoya and called full time.
Being a dog junior will only get him so far,I can only assume now that smith will get a fair stint to show us his worth.
I remember watching his dad play back in the day
Above average and very a determined player
Any way good luck to him,it’s time
Meant to say above average and a very determined player.
Only went to Canterbury Boys lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why are people talking like Reimis is debuting? He's played NRL before and got dropped due to poor defence and errors.

In NSW Cup this year he's scoring points, but has errors, penalties, and poor defence in his game.

How fast is smith?
Faster than Montoya... but then again so is Klemmer.
Slower than anyone else in our current backline.

Must be faster than Montoya though. Defensively, he is far superior and I would assume he had some pace on him!
Smith defends like a double arm amputee. Prefers the ol Brad Abbey push and shove over trying to tackle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are people talking like Reimis is debuting? He's played NRL before and got dropped due to poor defence and errors.

In NSW Cup this year he's scoring points, but has errors, penalties, and poor defence in his game.

Smith defends like a double arm amputee. Prefers the ol Brad Abbey push and shove over trying to tackle.
He didn't get dropped lol. He played because Morris was a late call up to SOO and he ended up scoring a double on debut.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we slip into 14th now, we get a win against tits then we go to 12th an although I’ve said this before it leaves the door “SLIGHTLY” ajar to sneak into top 8 lol If we win 10 of our last 11 games hahaha..!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rubbish! He only played due to J Morris getting a super late call up to origin and played against Canberra the day after playing ISP. Then he went back to ISP the week after.

beaudean

Waterboy
Reaction score

I remember he had to drive his car to Canberra due to josh Morris called in to origin and I think he scored a few tries maybe? Anyways just couldn't remeber how fast he was

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, that's that then. Montoya is rock solid in defence so forget Smith. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm not saying Smith is the messiah but the only way we are going to get out of this mess is to give some of our younger prospects a go. We can sit around with our thumb up our proverbial and bleat about how so and so is suspect in defence, they're slow, they've no talent, etc... but until we give them more than a fleeting poofteenth of a moment to prove themselves (or develop) we... are... rooted, well and truly. The next two seasons are a write off due to mismanagement on an incromprehensible scale by the previous coach and board.

Pay may prove to be a poor coach, but like our immature talent he needs time to develop. No established coach would touch us with a ten foot pole, we're a tougher prospect than the Warriors at the moment, so we've got to stick with what we've got.

I apologise for the rant (I'm an old prop on his 8th pint, so my English faculties may have failed me) but it pains me, like all of us, to see a club I was born into supporting descend into what can only be described as a rabble.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, that's that then. Montoya is rock solid in defence so forget Smith. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm not saying Smith is the messiah but the only way we are going to get out of this mess is to give some of our younger prospects a go. We can sit around with our thumb up our proverbial and bleat about how so and so is suspect in defence, they're slow, they've no talent, etc... but until we give them more than a fleeting poofteenth of a moment to prove themselves (or develop) we... are... rooted, well and truly. The next two seasons are a write off due to mismanagement on an incromprehensible scale by the previous coach and board.

Pay may prove to be a poor coach, but like our immature talent he needs time to develop. No established coach would touch us with a ten foot pole, we're a tougher prospect than the Warriors at the moment, so we've got to stick with what we've got.

I apologise for the rant (I'm an old prop on his 8th pint, so my English faculties may have failed me) but it pains me, like all of us, to see a club I was born into supporting descend into what can only be described as a rabble.
No doubt the club is a rabble. Its what Dean Pay inherited. He is on course to get things moving again.
Hes shipped out a few overpaid players and employed young promising players. Things are on track for a revival.

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

It’s an absolute laugh how clueless you are.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously we lose against the tits what difference does it make. But we give a young guy a go, who’s last chance came with no preparation and playing a full game day before.

If he fizzles Pay knows he has no depth and has to bring someone in. But if the light goes on and Smith has a real go maybe our cupboard isn’t as bare for next year.

I think odds are against us finding a First Grade Winger or centre, but better than flogging the old Montoya expecting something different.

And yes I heard Smith is the fastest at our club over the 100

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People forget his 2 tries on debut were tries any player could have scored. They were just catch and put downs.

Reimis Smith Highlights in NSW Cup this year:
In these highlights Smith is ALWAYS #5. Bergamin is generally #2 except for Jets and Bears game where he is fullback (because Cerruto is injured longterm).

Bergamin scores in R6 vs Panthers https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/04/15/dominant-panthers-make-it-two-in-a-row/
Both score in R10 vs Dragons https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/05/12/field-nicholls-engineer-dragons-fightback/
Bergamin scores in R13 vs Jets https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/02/jets-defend-their-way-to-win-over-bulldogs/ #1
Smith scores in R14 vs Bears https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/09/martin-plays-key-role-in-bulldogs-win/

Note the defensive issues of Smith in particular in Panthers and Jets games (from memory).

It’s an absolute laugh how clueless you are.
Maybe if you watched NSW Cup you'd understand what I'm saying.

Smith has been suspect in defence all year. He caught BrenkoLee syndrome from Brenko when he was at the club.

Now his games are a mix of silly errors, poor defence, and the odd try every other game.

And yes I heard Smith is the fastest at our club over the 100
Smith is about on par with Montoya.
Carr and Bergamin are definitely faster, as would Mbye and BMoz be. Not sure about the Flegg/SG guys but there are some speedsters there too.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People forget his 2 tries on debut were tries any player could have scored. They were just catch and put downs.

In these highlights Smith is ALWAYS #5. Bergamin is generally #2 except for Jets and Bears game where he is fullback (because Cerruto is injured longterm).

Bergamin scores in R6 vs Panthers https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/04/15/dominant-panthers-make-it-two-in-a-row/
Both score in R10 vs Dragons https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/05/12/field-nicholls-engineer-dragons-fightback/
Bergamin scores in R13 vs Jets https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/02/jets-defend-their-way-to-win-over-bulldogs/ #1
Smith scores in R14 vs Bears https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/09/martin-plays-key-role-in-bulldogs-win/

Note the defensive issues of Smith in particular in Panthers and Jets games (from memory).

Smith has been suspect in defence all year. He caught BrenkoLee syndrome from Brenko when he was at the club.

Now his games are a mix of silly errors, poor defence, and the odd try every other game.

Carr and Bergamin are definitely faster, as would Mbye and BMoz be. Not sure about the Flegg/SG guys but there are some speedsters there too.
Fuck you are one negative of a human being

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your posts are absolutely gold.

You are either Josh Bergamin or his mother.

I by no means watch NSW Cup regularly, but have managed to catch 5-6 games this year. Bergamin is as average as average can get.

I find it hilarious how you claim that Bergamin is quick. I have seen him in open space several times, and I am certain that he would not even be as quick as Montoya. Nothing against him whatsoever, but he is mediocre and is destined to have a career in reserve grade at best. Wish him all the best though.

FYI - also watched Bergamin in 20s and he is a run of the mill player. You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, but shoving this stupidity down our throats I'm sure is leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of everyone having to read this rubbish! Wise up a bit buddy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your posts are absolutely gold.

You are either Josh Bergamin or his mother.

I by no means watch NSW Cup regularly, but have managed to catch 5-6 games this year. Bergamin is as average as average can get.

I find it hilarious how you claim that Bergamin is quick. I have seen him in open space several times, and I am certain that he would not even be as quick as Montoya. Nothing against him whatsoever, but he is mediocre and is destined to have a career in reserve grade at best. Wish him all the best though.

FYI - also watched Bergamin in 20s and he is a run of the mill player. You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, but shoving this stupidity down our throats I'm sure is leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of everyone having to read this rubbish! Wise up a bit buddy.

Only bergamin I care about lol

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i to don't consider smith a huge upgrade on montoya but atleast its somthing different lol

i would prefer priest be the other guys to drop out, i know beast isn't what he used to be and is well below nrl standard these days but he much more likely to make a positive impact then priest.

Status
Not open for further replies.