Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pay is still tactically inept.
One thing that annoys me about him is that he is supposed to be good with juniors and eye for talent

Yet always picks Montoya even though he is beyond shit, has a fucking winger on the bench when we have 5 hookers in the club. Continues with clay priest when others deserve a shot. His bench rotation is fucking useless. There is no creativity or vision in attack. Commentators were shaking their heads at our attack saying it's like watching them training on the field. Other shit he does wrong.

It fucking worries me how we are going to go with him in the years to come. There honestly hasn't been anything about him that shows he has the skills. Yes he moved mbye to fullback but anyone could have seen and done that. Also buying Newcastle rejects in cogger and meaney doesn't do the world of confidence either.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One thing that annoys me about him is that he is supposed to be good with juniors and eye for talent

Yet always picks Montoya even though he is beyond shit, has a fucking winger on the bench when we have 5 hookers in the club. Continues with clay priest when others deserve a shot. His bench rotation is fucking useless. There is no creativity or vision in attack. Commentators were shaking their heads at our attack saying it's like watching them training on the field. Other shit he does wrong.

It fucking worries me how we are going to go with him in the years to come. There honestly hasn't been anything about him that shows he has the skills. Yes he moved mbye to fullback but anyone could have seen and done that. Also buying Newcastle rejects in cogger and meaney doesn't do the world of confidence either.
What makes it worse is that Holland would be a better option at wing but he can't see that.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What makes it worse is that Holland would be a better option at wing but he can't see that.
That shits me to tears. Also Against dragons, lichaa was going awesome and continually making metres and putting dragons on back foot so what does Pay do, takes him off and puts Holland off with 15 to go. Stupid move.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yh that's why i just can't get behind Pay, he just hasn't shown much ability as a coach. Everyone defending him is just using the roster as an excuse for why he's not doing well instead of actually saying what he is doing well.

Pay eventually gets a better roster and then what? Does he suddenly become a tactical genius? Lol. Everyone also keeps talking up him coaching the NSW juniors to consecutive wins like that's a massive achievement...NSW simply had the better talent and that's basically what these games with limited preparation come down to.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh that's why i just can't get behind Pay, he just hasn't shown much ability as a coach. Everyone defending him is just using the roster as an excuse for why he's not doing well instead of actually saying what he is doing well.

Pay eventually gets a better roster and then what? Does he suddenly become a tactical genius? Lol. Everyone also keeps talking up him coaching the NSW juniors to consecutive wins like that's a massive achievement...NSW simply had the better talent and that's basically what these games with limited preparation come down to.
Even so, he only had those juniors for a week or 2 and as you said these kids are best of the best at the time so they dont need much coaching. People should have a look at Anthony Seibold and see how a real coach, coaches his team. He took that same squad from McGuire and transformed them into Premiership favourites, there is no magic to his approach, he lets them play whats in front of them, back themselves and players like Sutton Burgess brothers Reynolds are playing the best footy in their lives and im going to say they look more dangerous this year than when they won in 2014. Yes he has players like Inglis Cook Crighton etc BUT same team that didnt even make semis last year and were abysmal...

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even so, he only had those juniors for a week or 2 and as you said these kids are best of the best at the time so they dont need much coaching. People should have a look at Anthony Seibold and see how a real coach, coaches his team. He took that same squad from McGuire and transformed them into Premiership favourites, there is no magic to his approach, he lets them play whats in front of them, back themselves and players like Sutton Burgess brothers Reynolds are playing the best footy in their lives and im going to say they look more dangerous this year than when they won in 2014. Yes he has players like Inglis Cook Crighton etc BUT same team that didnt even make semis last year and were abysmal...
You cannot compare a spine of Johnson, Walker, Reynolds, Cook compared to Mbye, JMK, Frawley, Foran, Lichaa

Though i do question Pays love with Clay Priest, persisting with Montoya for 10 weeks after he shafted Frawley after 2 and also the weird selection of starting with Toomaga last week and now dropping him. Toomaga has definitely looked scared and not first grade ready but fuck me dead what a way to kill the confidence of a young bloke

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

No matter how good a coach is, if he doesn't have the talent then comps aren't going to be won, simple as that.
I'm not saying Pay is a genius, far from it. I just think it's way way too early to judge a rookie coach.

We have been leading most games for 70 mins, only to go down by 2 or by 4 or by 6. We have been in winning positions for probably 6 of our 8 losses.

If our so called million dollar halfback played like a million dollar halfback, I guarantee you we win at least 5 out of those 6 games that we were leading in, and our position on the ladder looks much different to what it is at the moment.
If only our kicking game alone was on song we win those games.

And this is not using the Des,Dib,Castle salary cap mess excuse either.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You cannot compare a spine of Johnson, Walker, Reynolds, Cook compared to Mbye, JMK, Frawley, Foran, Lichaa

Though i do question Pays love with Clay Priest, persisting with Montoya for 10 weeks after he shafted Frawley after 2 and also the weird selection of starting with Toomaga last week and now dropping him. Toomaga has definitely looked scared and not first grade ready but fuck me dead what a way to kill the confidence of a young bloke
You totally missed the point when u mentioned those Souths players. Aren't they the same players McGuire had and for the last few years has failed to make the semis with them??
Seibold turned them around and has them playing better than they ever did.
Pay hasn't brought out the best out of anyone. This year was his chance to showcase his skills and what he can bring to the club. As much as I hate that fucking wanker Hasler with a passion, I can honestly say we would not be in 15th spot and would have won a few more games albeit boring us to death in the process.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No matter how good a coach is, if he doesn't have the talent then comps aren't going to be won, simple as that.
I'm not saying Pay is a genius, far from it. I just think it's way way too early to judge a rookie coach.

We have been leading most games for 70 mins, only to go down by 2 or by 4 or by 6. We have been in winning positions for probably 6 of our 8 losses.

If our so called million dollar halfback played like a million dollar halfback, I guarantee you we win at least 5 out of those 6 games that we were leading in, and our position on the ladder looks much different to what it is at the moment.
If only our kicking game alone was on song we win those games.

And this is not using the Des,Dib,Castle salary cap mess excuse either.
And i'm not talking about winning a comp, still doesn't mean he can't show more as a coach. All i hear are a bunch of excuses for Pay.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You totally missed the point when u mentioned those Souths players. Aren't they the same players McGuire had and for the last few years has failed to make the semis with them??
Seibold turned them around and has them playing better than they ever did.
Pay hasn't brought out the best out of anyone. This year was his chance to showcase his skills and what he can bring to the club. As much as I hate that fucking wanker Hasler with a passion, I can honestly say we would not be in 15th spot and would have won a few more games albeit boring us to death in the process.
The playing group at Souths underachieved last year and they have players who can always improve, no doubt about that!

Morris boys this season have been better than the previous last 2 years. Klemmer & Jackson are rock solid as always.

Im not saying Pay is a supercoach but the foundations are not there. We could have a coaching staff of Bellamy, Bennett & Warren Ryan and they would do shit with what we have in our spine.

I think people are expecting way too much out of this playing group tbh.

Since 2012, every single year we have had a new spine and the spine that started the year didnt finish together at the end of it, being injury, lack of form or players playing out of position.

How can you even contemplate challenging for a title with a piss poor spine which consistently changes year in year out? Wheres the continuity?

We are halfway through the year now and our spine changes again.

Next year we will have another new spine!

I dont care who our coach is but with our track record in the halves we are and will be rubbish until there is half decent quality in our spine with continuity

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The playing group at Souths underachieved last year and they have players who can always improve, no doubt about that!

Morris boys this season have been better than the previous last 2 years. Klemmer & Jackson are rock solid as always.

Im not saying Pay is a supercoach but the foundations are not there. We could have a coaching staff of Bellamy, Bennett & Warren Ryan and they would do shit with what we have in our spine.

I think people are expecting way too much out of this playing group tbh.

Since 2012, every single year we have had a new spine and the spine that started the year didnt finish together at the end of it, being injury, lack of form or players playing out of position.

How can you even contemplate challenging for a title with a piss poor spine which consistently changes year in year out? Wheres the continuity?

We are halfway through the year now and our spine changes again.

Next year we will have another new spine!

I dont care who our coach is but with our track record in the halves we are and will be rubbish until there is half decent quality in our spine with continuity
Absolutely spot on

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And i'm not talking about winning a comp, still doesn't mean he can't show more as a coach. All i hear are a bunch of excuses for Pay.
Don’t worry, excuses can only last to a certain extent, it will eventually become evident if he’s cut out for a first grade gig or not. I’m not prepared to write him off just yet, I want to see a settled club with a settled team before I bring the axe out. We can’t keep sacking coaches, our first problem is to get the team we want. If he can’t produce then, I’ll be the first one to call for his head.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We just can't know what Pay's got while he has a shit spine and no depth. Those guys can't execute a gameplan and no one can kick so the other boys just trying hard is the only thing we've got. At least he's getting that out of them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been proud with the effort at times, but it worries me a little that we allow unfortunate circumstances (eg shit refs calls) to sap our will frequently. There have been many games this year where you can see in the next two minutes after we cop some bad luck that much of the team seems to drop their intensity like they're unable to believe they can claw a win out of a close game. Having players that never give up are a vastly under-rated resource. I think we lost the three we had in recent times when Ennis, Reynolds and Graham left. Their determination usually inspired something when it was needed. I can't really see a player in our team right now that will use setbacks as the motivation needed to throw everything they have into the game.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been proud with the effort at times, but it worries me a little that we allow unfortunate circumstances (eg shit refs calls) to sap our will frequently. There have been many games this year where you can see in the next two minutes after we cop some bad luck that much of the team seems to drop their intensity like they're unable to believe they can claw a win out of a close game. Having players that never give up are a vastly under-rated resource. I think we lost the three we had in recent times when Ennis, Reynolds and Graham left. Their determination usually inspired something when it was needed. I can't really see a player in our team right now that will use setbacks as the motivation needed to throw everything they have into the game.
Yeh, agree

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Add almost any half and hooker in the comp and we win today.

We didn't miss Foran today at all.
Went down by 2 to the Dragons with Foran in the side. Went down by 20 to the Titans without Foran. Reckon we didn't miss him?

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Went down by 2 to the Dragons with Foran in the side. Went down by 20 to the Titans without Foran. Reckon we didn't miss him?
Went down by 2 to the dragons with Bmoz in the side while Foran was getting his nails done

Went down by 20 to the Titans with Bmoz out and Foran getting a pedicure done

Atleast watch the games before you blow your load

Status
Not open for further replies.