Pay Free Pass 2018?

What indicates unacceptable performance by Pay as head coach in 2018?

• Free pass, wooden spoon OK

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Wooden spoon not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Bottom 4 not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Bottom 4 OK, so long as game Managment & player development improves

Votes: 59 70.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expected no wins this season so a few wins and alot of close finishes, im very happy. Everyone going on des would do a better job. That dickhead is the reason we are in this predicament. We would recieve wooden spoons every year if he was still here for trying to cheat cap. Considering we have the spine of an under 15 side i reckon its a bloody miracle where even competing.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay is clueless, looks like he's in the Meninga mould. Can get the guys up and committed, but really doesn't offer much other than that.
7 games by less than 6 points. Shit ref calls etc etc. I think others might be clueless whingers

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay hasn't instilled the will to win in the squad. We started the year needing some confidence and that has never eventuated. Our form has been good enough to keep almost every loss within range of winning, but the team just doesn't seem able to nail wins. We don't have any players that lift the side when the chips are down and we need something to tip the scales.

We can't blame Pay for inheriting this squad, but he can be blamed for them not leading them into form yet. I don't think we'll sack him this year, but if by round 10 next season we're heading out of finals contention again I'd rate his chances of seeing out the season as very low.
How do you know what culture he has instilled? Did you see the passion for the boys v Brisbane when they were ripped off? Only those in the inner sanctum know. Do you think he sits there and encourages them to lose. For fuck sake we have been very close with poor halves and on the back of shit refereeing decisions.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Considering we could have been 8 points up the ladder if it weren't for the politics that come with this dying sport and considering we have done pretty good job with
the circumstances we have had to deal with such as a total reformation of the club and salary cap issues we are doing alright, the ladder just don't say it apart from for/against.

Anybody who expects more of this club atm PLEASE find a corner to sit in because you have no idea what you are talking about and your just pissing ppl off.
Well said. Alot of clueless sad sacks on this site. Some have the audacity to refer to themselves as supporters of this great club.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a no brainer. All that talk from him in the offseason regarding the 'dogs of war', bringing back the mongrel, restructured attack etc should not equate for a bottom four finish. Plus, the captains circle and persisting with Montoya suggests that he has failed this year. Sorry to say but we have gone worse this year and if Hasler was coach we would have been in a better position (although i was for his sacking). In the next off season he will again talk up all this bullshit. well don't be surprised if it is the same shit next year. The annoying thing is even if we want to appoint Jimmy Dymock it is too late and quite embarrassing after we dogged him. It should have always been Jimmy
Clueless.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree - the squad is not strong enough - particularly the backs - there is little depth in reggies. Montoya is woeful BUT the winger option Remis Smith is even worse.
The performance of toomaga shows the gap between fg and reggies.
All the forwards from ISP including Brown (except Martin) have failed every time they have been picked.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd take
All the forwards from ISP including Brown (except Martin) have failed every time they have been picked.
You have a PRO opinion about Pay but anyone who disgarees is basically being abused by you ... IF we weren't sitting near dead last maybe your argument would have some substance. He has a squad of late ex internationals and state of origin players, we should not be sitting so close to last place Parramatta.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's loser talk, blaming the refs for us losing 4 games? That's laughable.
It's a easy way out to blame the ref's time and time again, beats having to face the reality and calling out coaching staff and the playing group for the obvious.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay needs to have 1 more year, he has had to deal with coming into a club that was left in a mess! He should have already learnt a lot an taken some good experience from this 2018 shambles !!

He can take this year as a learing experiment an huge challenge, but next year is the decider to be honest.

give him the 2019 season to Do his thing, if not then I guess the writing will be on the wall either way.
I will judge Pay in 2020, I expect top 8. That's being realistic.

2021 onwards for the next 5 yrs I expect to be competing for the premiership.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did we play well or did saints play shit, I'm guessing the latter.
Really? They came out firing and put 2 tries on us... We battled back into the game and stunned them. Once again if the refs didn't step in to help the opposition we would have won.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's loser talk, blaming the refs for us losing 4 games? That's laughable.
Whats laughable is you acting like you have never blamed a ref for a loss... Stop while your ahead champ.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Give him 3 years at least. Whether we think he's a shit coach right now or not, he deserves a chance. He's only had a dozen or so first grade games ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.