Woods and Montoya, need I say more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
that takes woods telly to 17 penalties for the year!!

But he definitely isn’t the biggest issue, he does alright, just silly mistakes at the wrong time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Frizell gifted Elliott a try as well. Should the Dragons dump Frizell?

Let's take off the hair shirts, and acknowledge that we gave it to the Dragons- and scared them. Teams will be starting to think we are not the pushovers we were a few weeks ago.

All the posts I've read about "proud to be Bulldogs" - here was an opportunity to say, well done! - and all we can do is whine.
We should dump half our forward pack for Frizell.

PS love your staunchness, but nobody is scared of us, haven't been for a while sadly.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't think woods is the issue. He might be off either mid or end of season, but he's still up there with one of the best props in the game. It isn't his fault mbye or no one ever trails him for an offload. Sure, he gives away dumb penalties, but anyone who thinks we lose games because of woods needs to get their eyes checked. Montoya on the other hand needed to be dropped last month, guy is less than useless
Where did the 2 points we lost by come from? I'm sure you can answer seeing your eyes don't need to be checked....

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where did the 2 points we lost by come from? I'm sure you can answer seeing your eyes don't need to be checked....
Sure, it was a penalty. Also a soft one at that, view it in real time instead of slow no and it's play on

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should dump half our forward pack for Frizell.

PS love your staunchness, but nobody is scared of us, haven't been for a while sadly.
We kept them tryless in the second half, and led at one stage. I wasn't at the game, but I reckon fortunate penalties to tie, then win, would not have had the Dragons feeling confident if they face us again. Other sides will be taking notice. We are improving game by game; and holding our own against the top sides. They will take us lightly at their peril.

DogfanQld

Waterboy
Reaction score
Woods played the best game I have seen him play all season he smashed James Graham.. I was at the game and him and Klemmer were the standouts in our forward pack , we lack backline speed and again time after time Montoya left his wing FFS if you want to beat. Us target him is common knowledge and how fucking slow is he my 3 year old would out run him !!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We kept them tryless in the second half, and led at one stage. I wasn't at the game, but I reckon fortunate penalties to tie, then win, would not have had the Dragons feeling confident if they face us again. Other sides will be taking notice. We are improving game by game; and holding our own against the top sides. They will take us lightly at their peril.
I hope so. Maybe a build in confidence will build their skill level.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well done Mr Woods, you lost yet another game for us by giving away yet another dumb penalty and
Mr Montoya needs to learn how to be a winger!
You need to stop being a Goose!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Woods was hard done by. That sort of thing happens 10 times a game and gets overlooked in real time. It was refs and bunker nitpicking and the play had already progressed past that point anyway.

Montoya is an idiot. Comes infield to leave a gaping hole for McDonalds try, costing us 4 points. Then bombs a potential try stepping TOWARDS the sideline with a minute to go, costing us potentially 6 points.

So Montoya costs us anywhere from 4-10 points in the game, Woods 2 because we were hard done by.

NOTE that we have only won ONE close game this season. Most games we have won we have been over 6 points ahead (making it harder for the refs to take the win off us).

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought our blokes did OK tonight considering, I also think that Dean Pay showed that he will be an exceptional Coach moving forward.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought our blokes did OK tonight considering, I also think that Dean Pay showed that he will be an exceptional Coach moving forward.
Looking at what Pay has as a roster; he has brought them up to be within a few points of beating the top sides. Not a bad effort for halfway through the comp. We have made changes almost every game, so consistency is hard to achieve - nonetheless we've given some good teams a fight for their win; and a few have come down to fortunate penalties.
We've been telling ourselves that it will take time to reverse the downward trend; and we can already see things beginning to slowly turn - so why the whinging?

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Let's take off the hair shirts, and acknowledge that we gave it to the Dragons- and scared them. Teams will be starting to think we are not the pushovers we were a few weeks ago.

All the posts I've read about "proud to be Bulldogs" - here was an opportunity to say, well done! - and all we can do is whine.
Montoya has been below par all year.

He needs a stint in ISP

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Mate collectively the effort was spot on

But

You going to sit there in your Bulldogs PJs and not admit Montoya makes the same errors every single week by justifying it against Frizell who backed up 65 mins in Origin with 70 mins today?

Please

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woods stupid penalty but apart from that our packs good.. we are spineless

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate collectively the effort was spot on

But

You going to sit there in your Bulldogs PJs and not admit Montoya makes the same errors every single week by justifying it against Frizell who backed up 65 mins in Origin with 70 mins today?

Please
I've watched every teams' wingers get caught out and let in tries. Saw a few yesterday. And I don't wear PJs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've watched every teams' wingers get caught out and let in tries. Saw a few yesterday. And I don't wear PJs.
The stats don’t lie on Montoya
Go see for yourself www.foxleague.com.au

He needs to have a rest in ISP, second year syndrome if I have ever seen a clear example of one it’s him

When J Moz is back then Olive to Montoya wing otherwise Holland will do

Frawley was cabbage today too but I’m guessing you will say so is Thurston lol

Status
Not open for further replies.