Open Question: Pay’s Favouritism versus Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. If Priest was as you say pushed on Pay then Pay does not have to play him in FG that's what the reggies are for and
2. I can name you a whole Bulldogs Premiership winning side that was choker block full of egotistical attitudes that won the Premiership back in 2004. The only thing holding Nu Brown back is Pay!!! Strange he would play Priest a player that you say was pushed on him that had hardly any pre season preparation, yet Nu Brown who has been killing it in the ISP can't get a go.

But now of cause with Nu Brown out through injury Pay can play patty cake with Preist and Lichaa till his hearts content :grinning:
NU Brown is really dumb he charage his mobile phone in a mircowave.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Getting back to topic I still don't see how Pay has shown favouritism. The players he has signed for next season are squad players on minimum wage and the best we can afford, albeit with ties to him from NSW under 20 days. With regard to this season he may have resigned Lichaa but he dropped him for poor form. He may have signed Priest but also dropped him too. So I don't see the favouritism.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not supporting his decisions, I'm just making a case for them. Better the devil you know as they say.
Well making a case for his decisions is supporting them. I will finish it right here as my grandmother says if you have nothing nice to say it's better not to say anything. Hot Dog re read your post and realize that you just contradicted yourself.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting back to topic I still don't see how Pay has shown favouritism. The players he has signed for next season are squad players on minimum wage and the best we can afford, albeit with ties to him from NSW under 20 days. With regard to this season he may have resigned Lichaa but he dropped him for poor form. He may have signed Priest but also dropped him too. So I don't see the favouritism.
You mean the nsw u/20 that he coached??

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NU Brown is really dumb he charage his mobile phone in a mircowave.
Hahahahaha no one ever accused a footy player of being Albert Einstein :grinning: F@ck but you have got to give him an A for imagination "shakes head"

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well making a case for his decisions is supporting them. I will finish it right here as my grandmother says if you have nothing nice to say it's better not to say anything. Hot Dog re read your post and realize that you just contradicted yourself.
We can agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't need to get nasty. We all bleed blue and white.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Long story short, Hasler blew 10's of millions and Pay has 1000's.....I will wait a few years before total judgement.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay's not really calling the shots.

Chris Anderson has appointed himself as the clubs Recruitment Manager, and is making all the decisions at the moment (including shopping around our contracted players).
And I think his doing a great job,Crichton good signing,cogger getting better with every game for knights,Meaney comes with great wraps on him,certainly at $150 a season better option than mbye

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm sure there were options available otherwise the club would not of thanked him for his services and fair welled him with the other departing players. Besides we had Nu Brown already signed at the time who is in my opinion a better choice and a more accomplished player. When you factor in that Nu Brown is also a goal kicker.
Agree.

Brown should have got a shot when Lichaa was dropped. Surprised we have used him more this year.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good to see Pay debut some young guns where Hasler would stick with the same line up no matter what.
I think the Anderson's are heading us in the right direction after that pig headed mess.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True but let's not forget that Lichaa went through that same system.....and before you point out that Lichaa is a Des signing, the club wanted to offer Micheal a one year contract but Pay intervened at the time offering double that. Was Lichaa's retention the best move for the club moving forward????
Was TRex? What about Foran, Hoppa and Woods? Should we have let Thurston go? What about Cook, Finucane, Tapau etc. My point.....coaches are human. They make good and bad decisions. You Pay bashers are unbelievable. He is trying his best in difficult circumstances. He was never going to work miracles

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was TRex? What about Foran, Hoppa and Woods? Should we have let Thurston go? What about Cook, Finucane, Tapau etc. My point.....coaches are human. They make good and bad decisions. You Pay bashers are unbelievable. He is trying his best in difficult circumstances. He was never going to work miracles
Thanks for your input Magilla Gorilla. I'll just file it away in my who cares /who gives a shit folder. :grinning:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.