Lachlan Lewis is not in the Top 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
@Moey MOM today. Looked very composed and commentary team was in Aura of the kid.
I haven't seen the game yet.. will see if I can watch replay tomorrow. Still wont change my mind though. I have watched him for last 3yrs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Game is on 9now.com.au catchup already

Roosters - allowed to play Matt Ikuvalu despite being outside Top 30.
Manly - allowed to play Moses Suli despite being outside Top 30.
Storm - allowed to play Justin Olam outside their Top 30.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Game is on 9now.com.au catchup already

Roosters - allowed to play Matt Ikuvalu despite being outside Top 30.
Manly - allowed to play Moses Suli despite being outside Top 30.
Storm - allowed to play Justin Olam outside their Top 30.
So why can't we?

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis looked promising. Defense a highlight. Put through a good grubber for a try. Hope he can get a run in top grade soon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Legit question:

Is there cause for some kind of restraint of trade? A bullshit rule is denying an employee to potentially make monetary gain and preventing them for progressing on their career??

It’s fucking stupid
You could say that about the whole cap sooner or later someone will take it to court and they will win.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
So why can't we?
Need to contact media and let them find out why eg 2GB Talkin Sport etc.The NRL wont give Joe Blow public the answers but media think they have a story they will run with it.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For whatever reason they play lewis at centre in reserves its ridiculous he should always be in the halves and its a great opportunity for us to blood him
We can't blood him this year.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Legit question:

Is there cause for some kind of restraint of trade? A bullshit rule is denying an employee to potentially make monetary gain and preventing them for progressing on their career??

It’s fucking stupid
Absolutely. That a great call.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Legit question:

It’s fucking stupid
It would be but since it's collectively bargained with and signed off by the RLPA, then they'd have no argument I'm pretty sure.

In saying that, for decades now the RLPA has been a complete doormat for the NRL which has allowed the league to do whatever they want while making few changes that benefit the players.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think @Deathspell went into this a while back (regarding potential restriction of trade), and from memory the issue was that the NRL made up their own rules to which everyone agreed with, and that included the cap and how it works.

Could be wrong though..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kid shows more promise then Frawley yet can't make our 30, Does Pay know what he's doing??
Pay is obviously going off what people like Penna and Georgalis were telling him as he would have had minimal knowledge of the players. The existing staff would have had to de-brief him. Frawley at the time was currently an NRL half and was always going to be in the top 30.

Lewis at the beginning was always going to be behind Foran, Frawley, Cleeland and JMK considering he debuted last yr. I think it was only me and a few on here that really wanted to see him in 1st grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.