Aaron Woods on BSB (wants to stay at the club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's great he wants to stay and it should stay that way until he leaves. He showed character last year after all the drama and I don't think he's a quitter - just overpaid and down on form.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be the case in this instance because Woods will still be getting paid exactly the same for the next 3 and half years no matter where he is playing in the NRL.
Knowing what Isaac Moses' is like he would find a way to double dip. lol

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Woods just a dope and talking in past tense in this interview or is he letting the cat out of the bag?
Exactly what he said last year when rumours started re Woods to Dogs.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's genuinely happy with the direction the club is heading and wants to stay, but feels perhaps the media are trying to steer him elsewhere.

Overly positive in my opinion.
Disagree. Alot of talking in past terms....I've enjoyed my time here. I leave this stuff to my Manager.....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Of course he is going to say this as he has a already battered reputation to try uphold...
Would you like to play with and or support someone who has walked out on his two respective clubs because the going got tough...

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants to stay and loves our club then maybe he should start proving it by earning his place! We are paying him $800k at least but so far he isn't worth 10% of this! Show some heart and passion and play for our beloved club mate, don't act like a tool on the field and give away silly penalties and throw stupid passes, just run hard like a forward should then maybe the supporters will give you some respect!!!!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would people feel if he decided to renegotiate his contract and play for $500k to assist our cap situation?
Its an interesting one, if a few of the big money guys took a hit to remain it would change plenty of peoples opinions I reckon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How would people feel if he decided to renegotiate his contract and play for $500k to assist our cap situation?
Its an interesting one, if a few of the big money guys took a hit to remain it would change plenty of peoples opinions I reckon.
The NRL don’t allow players renegotiate contracts to take pay cuts.

Reactions: DT

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Enjoyed my time" Why not enjoying?
I noticed that as well. He spoke in past tense. It must be difficult considering he’s the test front rower. His ego must be smashed.
Trent Robinson got the shits when asked about Woods coming to the club. He didn’t want to disrupt or disrespect his forwards. There was interest in him. Robbo had to shut it down.
Personally I’d love him at Bondi. He offers second phase play and Tedesco loved following him at the Tigers. Offloads are a rarity and the Roosters have none.
He’ll be at Cronulla if they up their offer.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Woods has never been the forward that bends the line with hard hitting runs.. he does his work , gets offloads away & quick play of balls..

If he was on 600K now noone here would be calling for his head.. made bad errors against Tigers but hes got through his fair share of work all year

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Article is misleading . How is it he wants to stay ?

Why does he need to speak with his manager if wants to stay . Only needs to speak to manager to find a new club or consider other offers

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Makes idiots of the media, can the Dogs run harder than the Dragons on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.