Cook - overrated
Hodkinson - plodder
Tapau - ok but would plod with us
Mbye - deluxe plodder
Reynolds- mega plodder

Malla

Reaction score
Without a doubt Finucane and Cook.

Finucane moved up here from Bega, went to high school in Bass Hill and played through out junior system so he is blue and white through and through. Knew the culture and was all about it. What hurt more was fuck wit Hasler moving him for fake ass Williams.

Cook addressed all the issues that we had in attack - he was quick, he knew how to pass a ball off the ground, he was basically everything we needed yet Hasler still opted for bucket ass Lichaa lol.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The game continues to evolve and so does the type of athlete. Unfortunatley Des plumped for Eastwood, Graham, Lichaa and Tolman when instead we should have kept the less-experienced but more dynamic Tapau's, Cook's and Finucane's.

Oh how I'd love this pack to be playing for us; Klemmer, Cook, Tapau, Jackson, RFM and Finucane.

Unfortunatley Des stuck loyal to his DES-Ball stats and kept the names mentioned above when we quite clearly could have had the best pack in the comp.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game continues to evolve and so does the type of athlete. Unfortunatley Des plumped for Eastwood, Graham, Lichaa and Tolman when instead we should have kept the less-experienced but more dynamic Tapau's, Cook's and Finucane's.

Oh how I'd love this pack to be playing for us; Klemmer, Cook, Tapau, Jackson, RFM and Finucane.

Unfortunatley Des stuck loyal to his DES-Ball stats and kept the names mentioned above when we quite clearly could have had the best pack in the comp.
Too true. Cook last night showed how dumb a club we really are to let him go at the cost of keeping Des’ loyal hero’s

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Des let Ennis go for Lichaa, a few seasons later he wins a premiership. Des let Cook go for Lichaa and a few years later hes in a winning origin side.

Meanwhile Lichaa has gone nowhere. Briefly looked good. But hes miles behind Ennis and Cook for achievement in the timeframe.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
since 2004, the retention, recruitment and development at the club has been poor... just think about this stat --> of the 2004 GF squad for the Dogs, only El Masri (28), Sherwin (26), Perry (25), Ryan (26), Grimaldi (30), and Hughes (26) were over 24 years of age

otherwise, Mason, O'Meley, Anasta, Thurston, Harris, Patten, Tonga, SBW, Asotasi and Maitua were all 24 or younger

it is more than just letting Thurston go --> we pissed away a potential dynasty

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Fantasy team of what we could still have.

1. Barba
2. Rona
3. Mbye
4. Jmoz
5. Bmoz
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Tapau
11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Finacane

14. Holland
15. Kas
16. Danny.F
17. Elliott
There are a lot of better players we have had in the past and currently now than Adam idiot and Holland

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is only one and that is "Damien Cook"!!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck did Des let Damian Cook go. Every time I see this kid play I can’t believe he was already here at the dogs. He was showing signs of his talent, speed and potential....what an absolute fuck up that he’s not our hooker right now.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck did Des let Damian Cook go. Every time I see this kid play I can’t believe he was already here at the dogs. He was showing signs of his talent, speed and potential....what an absolute fuck up that he’s not our hooker right now.
Exactly right mate. Hasler should be strung up by the nut sack letting cook go.
The hooking role is as crucial as any and we have seriously fucked up by persisting with Lichaa over him.
Imagine our side even now with Cook at Dummy Half.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
since 2004, the retention, recruitment and development at the club has been poor... just think about this stat --> of the 2004 GF squad for the Dogs, only El Masri (28), Sherwin (26), Perry (25), Ryan (26), Grimaldi (30), and Hughes (26) were over 24 years of age

otherwise, Mason, O'Meley, Anasta, Thurston, Harris, Patten, Tonga, SBW, Asotasi and Maitua were all 24 or younger

it is more than just letting Thurston go --> we pissed away a potential dynasty
I think it was more we couldn't afford to keep all that talent when almost everyone was offered bigger money elsewhere.

We just raised talent that was just too expensive to keep.

Thurston is the only player we should have kept.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to say it hurts seeing Cook playing so well when we still have Lichaa as our starting 9.
Unquestionably the worst starting 9 in the club's history.
I know we made an offer to Cook and Souths came in with a bigger offer, but Lichaa's deficiencies were well know back then.......so really dumb to let a talented hooker like Cook leave with barely a whimper.
Ps. Lichaa sucks balls can we please get him out of the club for christ sake.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Can we please have a moratorium on these negative naval gazing threads!!!!
I know Salary cap would not allow but these guys are all still playing that we could have kept.

01. Barba
02. B Moz
03. J Moz
04. Lafai
05. Rona
06. Mbye/ Reynolds
07. Thurston
08. James Graham
09. Issac Luke / Cook
10. Kasiano
11. Taupau
12. SBW
13. Finucane

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Without a doubt Finucane and Cook.

Finucane moved up here from Bega, went to high school in Bass Hill and played through out junior system so he is blue and white through and through. Knew the culture and was all about it. What hurt more was fuck wit Hasler moving him for fake ass Williams.

Cook addressed all the issues that we had in attack - he was quick, he knew how to pass a ball off the ground, he was basically everything we needed yet Hasler still opted for bucket ass Lichaa lol.
Spot on.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nehe Milner skudder

But in all honesty its finucane, cook and marty.
I'd have those 3 here in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.