Pay 2018 vs Hasler 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's an old article bro. They brought him in to help train in place of Slater and Hunt as they were both injured and we had the bye. Ponga is 18th man now. Kevin Walters isn't that stupid. As a blues supporter I wish he was playing though.
OK yes I see it's changed since then. Wow how fickle.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldn't mind brad fittler as coach becos he plays the inform players and drop the sht ones :grinning:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good riddance to all the Manly fuckwits who have been at our club. They have done absolutely sweet fuck all other than breaking the club up

Tim Lafai who was a bulldogs junior was told by Desaster that Hopoate is coming to the Dogs next year to play centre and that his spot is not guaranteed. Nek minit Hopoate plays fullback and than nek minit after minit both these manly flogs advise their team mates and fans that this flog wont be playing on Sunday's.

Finucane was told that he wont be starting next year as Tony fucking Williams was coming to the club, and that he will have limited minutes coming off the bench.

Reynolds was told he was not wanted because Foran was coming across. A fucken broken Manly dud. Reynolds was not told that he would be replaced by an upcoming young half or a fit and firing half like the likes of Cleary, Maloney, Hunt but was replaced by a broken Manly flog because he use to suck Des' balls back at Manly!

Reni Maitua said it the best, Hasler is not Canterbury. Hasler is Manly and will be always be Manly.

Reni mentioned how he came over to the Dogs from Souths as a junior and bought into the Bulldogs culture and learnt what it ment to play for the Dogs.

Hasler did the totally opposite on how not to play your junior games at the Dogs and how to get rid of Bulldogs juniors for dud pet Manly fucken frauds.

To sit here and listen to ***** make excuses and potray a normal state of reasoning for Hopoates no show Sundays, a broken flog who rejected the club twice and another fat **** who came for the money only, to replace Dogs juniors is absolutely disgusting. These ***** have turned our club into a "cash cow" franchise

To everyone backing these fuckers, LICK MY HAIRY BALLS
FYI
Tim Lafai is NOT a Bulldogs junior, he’s from Campbelltown , played HM for West’s Magpies, we signed him from Souths where he was playing SG Ball.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay was only hired to appease the fans who were calling for blood. That says it all. Should never have sacked Des until we found someone better. I said this back end of 17 many times. Now we are in a much worse position and the decision the club has made and are still making are digging us further into a hole. This club has become a joke and the football team a mess.
Someone better? Tell me which coach would have come to the club with the state it was left in? Michael McGuire said no to the job after he viewed our salary cap. Bellamy would have laughed at us. And you suggest we should have kept Hasler longer. I've now heard it all.

Instead of bashing Pay have a good look at what he has to work with.

Seriously, some so called fans can't take the highs with the lows. What highs you might ask? Well how about you go ask the half dozen ISP players now playing NRL. An opportunity that they never had and still probably would not have if Hasler was still here. I say well done to Pay for giving these guys a go. These are the highs that I'm happy to see even though the results are not going our way.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Someone better? Tell me which coach would have come to the club with the state it was left in? Michael McGuire said no to the job after he viewed our salary cap. Bellamy would have laughed at us. And you suggest we should have kept Hasler longer. I've now heard it all.

Seriously, some so called fans can't take the highs with the lows.
That's bullshit. These excuses for Pay are absolutely sickening, he is a dud.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not excuses, just fact.
They are excuses. Facts are he has done nothing that has made me think "that's good coaching". Facts are his use of the bench is absolutely appalling. Facts are we have had 2 SOO reps lose their spots under his coaching when they should be hitting their peak. He is a dud.

silva

Utility
Reaction score

Seriously, some so called fans can't take the highs with the lows. What highs you might ask? Well how about you go ask the half dozen ISP players now playing NRL. An opportunity that they never had and still probably would not have if Hasler was still here. I say well done to Pay for giving these guys a go. These are the highs that I'm happy to see even though the results are not going our way.
Lol at the state we were left in. He had more than his fair share of rep players when he took over the squad. They have only become shit under his tutelage. He lacks man management skills and the players don't want to bleed for him. The longer he stays the worse position we are getting into.
I hope he turns things around but he has been a mammoth fail up to this point.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are excuses. Facts are he has done nothing that has made me think "that's good coaching". Facts are his use of the bench is absolutely appalling. Facts are we have had 2 SOO reps lose their spots under his coaching when they should be hitting their peak. He is a dud.
So no responsibility is placed on the players, only the coach?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So no responsibility is placed on the players, only the coach?
Ofcourse there's some responsibility on the players, but ultimately a coach is meant to get the best out of his players and Pay hasn't done this at all. All i hear are excuses for Pay saying why he can't do well but at the same time there's nothing to support why he can do well. It's all just wishful thinking at this stage and that isn't good enough for a club like ours. We have become a club full of excuses.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ofcourse there's some responsibility on the players, but ultimately a coach is meant to get the best out of his players and Pay hasn't done this at all. All i hear are excuses for Pay saying why he can't do well but at the same time there's nothing to support why he can do well. It's all just wishful thinking at this stage and that isn't good enough for a club like ours. We have become a club full of excuses.
Pay has had 13 rounds with his players and already fans want to criticise him. The same players (most) that have played under the same structure for six years. A busted half in Foran and a lackluster forward in Woods who doesn't want to be there. These are facts.

How about you let Pay get his own team first then judge him? Unfortunately it will take a few years not 13 rounds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay has had 13 rounds with his players and already fans want to criticise him. The same players (most) that have played under the same structure for six years. A busted half in Foran and a lackluster forward in Woods who doesn't want to be there. These are facts.

How about you let Pay get his own team first then judge him? Unfortunately it will take a few years not 13 rounds.
"Get his own team" lol. He has showed absolutely NOTHING, why should we wait?Hopefully he doesn't see out his contract.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I know what you're saying and agree up to the point of "let Pay get his own team first".

With the way the salary cap is, the idea that a coach can buy in a team they are totally happy with, and want, just won't happen during the tenure of a coach these days..unless they are Bellamy.

The football board recruitment committee must be responsible for acquiring players. A team needs stability and a club should adhere to their playing traditions and values.

If the board is worth their salt they recognise the value of halves, spine etc..its where we went wrong with Hasler...I can't see it happening again.

Fans need to factor in all the limitations Pay and the club are under with this roster...look at almost all other teams...far better and smarter players who can contribute, and construct, towards an 80 minute performance. There is no one Pay can rely on towards manufacturing anything! Other teams have those players.

Pay hasn't set the world on fire no doubt but there are so many side issues going on atm that has taken the focus off pure football coaching.

Thats why its important to take most of the pain this year as regards us re-setting our future.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we are all aware Pay didnt have much say in this seasons squad, except for Lichaa & Priest.

All recruitment was done by Des and this is basically his team he knocked up.

We are pretty certain that Desball wouldnt of changed.

I want peoples opinion which squad you think would of performed better under Dean Pay only. Haslers squad (which we know) would of been up against Pays squad.

Desasters Squad
1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Holland
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Brown
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. Eastwood
13. Klemmer

14. Fualalo
15. RFM
16. Tualau
17. Elliott

Pays Squad

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Frawley
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. JMK
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Martin

14. Klemmer
15. Elliott
16. Fualalo
17. Priest
Seriously!!!! Be grateful Pay had a pair to take on this task!!!!
Time wasting thread

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Novdoggie

My take on Pay. (but hey I am an opposition fan, so my thoughts could be shit)

IMO: The team has gone backwards since he took over.

The use of the bench is laughable.

Players don't seem to want to be on the field.

There is no pride in the Dogs jersey.

Pay seems to want to be the players friend instead of the boss.

I remember years ago, even if the Dogs were 20 points behind with 5 mins to go, they would still put in 100% until the final siren.

These days they get behind by 10 & most times the white flag is waved.

He promised the world in the off season & hasn't delivered.

It's the same shit, but different week.

Status
Not open for further replies.