Noteable off contract players in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing as the Roosters signed Crichton with all of their unlimited cap space, maybe Radley could be made an offer he can't refuse? The Rorters seem to be sticking with Friend for a while and Radley is too good not to be playing 80 minutes a game.

Hopefully Politis' greed will eventually cost him someone good but it's wishful thinking, I know, considering they operate under a 25 million dollar cap.

We need to start going after players who might be forced out like other clubs have been to us for years now.
The Roosters will lock up Radley very soon. They still have space in their cap and will target Marty Taupau next year as well. Also talk that Cleary will replace Cronk in 2020.
The NRL are punishing clubs that don’t spend 90% of their cap. The knights and Roosters are two such clubs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Roosters will lock up Radley very soon. They still have space in their cap and will target Marty Taupau next year as well. Also talk that Cleary will replace Cronk in 2020.
The NRL are punishing clubs that don’t spend 90% of their cap. The knights and Roosters are two such clubs.
I'm sure they will lock up Radley, as I said it was wishful thinking but we should be driving up the price of guys like this and pushing clubs into a corner to keep those they want to.

But it is a joke that the Roosters are even mentioned when it comes to signing other players. I really am getting sick of this sport when two clubs just blatantly rort the cap year in year out while other stupid clubs like ours waste all of their money and are one of the few who police themselves and try to stay under the cap. I preferred it when we cheated and were successful.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d have a dash at Jay Field to be honest

If the “available” Munster, Futsitua, Katoa, Hess, Lowe and of course Cleary

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure they will lock up Radley, as I said it was wishful thinking but we should be driving up the price of guys like this and pushing clubs into a corner to keep those they want to.

But it is a joke that the Roosters are even mentioned when it comes to signing other players. I really am getting sick of this sport when two clubs just blatantly rort the cap year in year out while other stupid clubs like ours waste all of their money and are one of the few who police themselves and try to stay under the cap. I preferred it when we cheated and were successful.
Do you have proof ? A whistleblower maybe ?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d have a dash at Jay Field to be honest

If the “available” Munster, Futsitua, Katoa, Hess, Lowe and of course Cleary
I haven’t seen much of Meaney so can’t comment on his play but Field would be a like for like replacement for Mbye. We’d just need him to spend the off season in the weight room to get some size on but his pathway to first grade is blocked for the foreseeable future

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

The NRL should have access to tax portal of every single player with the NRL.
I don't care about players privacy.
It is the only way that the NRL can be police their idiotic cap anyway.
It's done in MLB.
Doesn’t catch cash payments but it's a lot better than sticking their head in the sand knowing their cap is being rorted by clubs like the rorters and hoping that the media don't pick it up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you have proof ? A whistleblower maybe ?
Not really. Just going off what I see and comparing it to other clubs. How else can you explain them fitting Mitchell, Tedesco, Cordner, Napa, Ferguson, Friend, Cronk, Keary, Crichton, JWH, Radley, Taukeaho, Matterson and Aubusson under the salary cap while having room to chase other stars like Taupau?

I know some people that used to work in the Nrl with the cap and who work at other clubs closely with their salary cap and they're all furious that the Roosters get away with this and they have lesser squads but can't get close to competing with their offers. If that's not clear enough then I don't know what is.

The NRL can never find proof themselves. It's always a whistle blower that uncovers these things. But the Roosters never, ever have their books investigated while ours are scrutinised heavily. How does that work? Maybe because Uncle Nick basically runs the Nrl and has more influence than anyone? It's so corrupt...

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. Just going off what I see and comparing it to other clubs. How else can you explain them fitting Mitchell, Tedesco, Cordner, Napa, Ferguson, Friend, Cronk, Keary, Crichton, JWH, Radley, Taukeaho, Matterson and Aubusson under the salary cap while having room to chase other stars like Taupau?

I know some people that used to work in the Nrl with the cap and who work at other clubs closely with their salary cap and they're all furious that the Roosters get away with this and they have lesser squads but can't get close to competing with their offers. If that's not clear enough then I don't know what is.

The NRL can never find proof themselves. It's always a whistle blower that uncovers these things. But the Roosters never, ever have their books investigated while ours are scrutinised heavily. How does that work? Maybe because Uncle Nick basically runs the Nrl and has more influence than anyone? It's so corrupt...
So that’s a no.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jamie Peters still hasnt snapped out of the Hasler insomnia

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnson needs to get away from the warriors to go to the next level in his game. Snap him up.
He won't leave the warriors. He would have had big money thrown at him before his last contract but he's hellbent on winning a comp with the warriors/

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did you just watch the warriors game? Lol

If your still saying no thanks I doubt your really a dogs fan..

Absolute guns!!!
How many games has Johnson played this year? I do not mean to offend you if you are a from the land of the long black cloud but, I really do not like a team from NZ in our NRL competition in the first place. I think it best if they stick to their own competition IMO Its the only way they will improve moving forward.
We need a team in Perth and Adelaide again IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.