Round 14 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL rules stipulate you cant name a player outside the top 30 in your 21.... fact.
Is this true ?
Sounds like a stupid rule. A team could easily use more than 30 players in a season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just wondering if you rate Chris Anderson as a coach ??
I have no opinion on him as he hasn't been a head coach or assistant for over a decade. I'm sure he's throwing his weight around at the club atm though.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will repeat again. ...Lewis is NOT a contracted player along with Cleeland and Woodford.Only reason Lewis names on extended bench is the club asked NRL for permission to play him as Foran is injured..Answer was no as JMK has played in the halves. Take this as gospel. Cheers
You’re right Johkez

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why not play bmoz at fullback
Push ego prick to 6
And have Frawley at 7 if Lewis can the play due to nrl roster etc

Before u all bite me head off regarding bmoz won’t last at fb ra rara then that will prove he doesn’t warrant another one year deal with us here
Kill two birds with one stone
Atleast he’d support and trail rfm and woods and provide some sort of avenue for points.

Just a though
Have Holland on the wing and floppa on the other
2 centres olive and Lewis or idc as long as jmk and Frawley aren’t halves and bmoz playing with his balls on the wing doing sfa!!!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if you rate Chris Anderson as a coach ??
He was a good but footy, time and rules have changed since his time as a coach. No one knows how he would go now.
Some ppl think bob fulton might be involved in manlys cap issues. And he was a succesful coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok. Ok coach in your opinion what are the smart choices that Pay should make. I dislike Montoya and he should go. What would you recommend?
Don't touch our backrow for starters, it's the only thing that looks NRL standard atm. Martin and RFM on the edges with Jackson at lock. Why Pay feels the need to force Elliott in any place possible is beyond me. It could also be time to shift Holland to fullback as Mbye is likely gone within the next few weeks so lets start preparing another option. Mbye could shift back into the halves for the time being as JMK should never play there again. If not then it's time to give Cleeland or Lewis a shot. Holland could also shift onto the wing as Monty needs a spell in reserve grade like you said.

I could go on for ages, point is that there are a lot more logical decisions that could be made instead of the stupid shuffling of players Pay does every week.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Referees: Matt Cecchin, Tim Roby; Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Nick Morel; Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea
Hopefully cecchin realises he fucked us royally against the sharks and give us a bit of needed help. We win the penalty count 11-2, 2 dragons players in the bin and a send off in the 10th min.
Then we won't lose 13+ at least

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I have no opinion on him as he hasn't been a head coach or assistant for over a decade. I'm sure he's throwing his weight around at the club atm though.
Fair enough what I was getting at is I am sure people like Farrar and Anderson would step in if they thought it necessary.
As you would be aware you can't be successful in footy without A decent 1/2, 5/8, fullback and hooker (the spine).and we haven't got a top grade one in any of those spots so I don't think anything Pay does or doesn't do as far as the rotating of,or the starting spots of his forwards is going to make much difference at all.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on pays retarded selections im tipping him to drop renouf t for clay priest

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't touch our backrow for starters, it's the only thing that looks NRL standard atm. Martin and RFM on the edges with Jackson at lock. Why Pay feels the need to force Elliott in any place possible is beyond me. It could also be time to shift Holland to fullback as Mbye is likely gone within the next few weeks so lets start preparing another option. Mbye could shift back into the halves for the time being as JMK should never play there again. If not then it's time to give Cleeland or Lewis a shot. Holland could also shift onto the wing as Monty needs a spell in reserve grade like you said.

I could go on for ages, point is that there are a lot more logical decisions that could be made instead of the stupid shuffling of players Pay does every week.
Martin is a solid footballer but he’s missed some easy tackles that have resulted in tries on our line. Maybe Elliot is out training Martin who knows but this riff raff of a squad is a result of the last administration and you should allow Pay the time to implement his style into this team. Not happening this year. And before you go on about Martin is a better footballer just remember the old coach didn’t promote him at all for what ever reason. So at least this coach is playing him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair enough what I was getting at is I am sure people like Farrar and Anderson would step in if they thought it necessary.
As you would be aware you can't be successful in footy without A decent 1/2, 5/8, fullback and hooker (the spine).and we haven't got a top grade one in any of those spots so I don't think anything Pay does or doesn't do as far as the rotating of,or the starting spots of his forwards is going to make much difference at all.
It obvious we don't have the squad to be successful, but we should still be better than where we're at. Pay came in and ran his mouth and said we're going to be expansive and play aggressive footy....we're now months in and we're worse off than last year before he took over. Pay just looks clueless to me, it's like he doesn't even know what he's trying to do.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
It obvious we don't have the squad to be successful, but we should still be better than where we're at. Pay came in and ran his mouth and said we're going to be expansive and play aggressive footy....we're now months in and we're worse off than last year before he took over. Pay just looks clueless to me, it's like he doesn't even know what he's trying to do.
I do see what your getting at but he can only work with what he has.(And that isn't much). I suppose we have to wait and see how he stands up In the years to come either with us or someone else.
Ps - it's not personal I actually laughed and rated your post in the thread re the bullshit promotion for this week's game. Once again not sure that was Pays fault but hey could of been. LOL

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re right Johkez
ok just a thought. what if before Monday Mbye is goneski. his money from this year Could be used to upgrade Lewis contract to top 30 and beyond this year. and holland comes into FB with Lewis in halves and jmk a utility...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Teach him what? Floporan has never had a kicking game, passing game or organisational mind. All he has done was run at the line.

Why the fuck would Lachlan Lewis want to be taught a thing or two by Floporan when his uncle is Wally Lewis.

King can teach Lachlan more over skype than Flops can in person
Yeah nah..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ok just a thought. what if before Monday Mbye is goneski. his money from this year Could be used to upgrade Lewis contract to top 30 and beyond this year. and holland comes into FB with Lewis in halves and jmk a utility...
That's a no brainer..

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I feel sympathy for Foran but good to see him out. Injured or rested? Whatever, he needs a long break to either get himself fit for NRL, or if not, give some careful thought to voluntary self retirement. He is letting everyone down, including himself, at the moment. Maybe he and the club can negotiate a payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.