Cap issues coverup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I too like most Bulldogs supporters can't understand the maths behind how we can be so cap restrained considering we have the twins and Eastwood off contract and released Mbye for next season. Add to that the money we save by no longer paying for Graham and Kasiano. With lots of thought and guesstimating the numbers still don't add up. However I have come to the conclusion that this is more a reflection on the value that I personally place on individual players in our squad than the reality of what they are actually on.

Here's a thought to ponder though. If as reported, Eastwood is $800k this year but was on $250k last season, then who is to say that a player like RFM is not on the same arrangement. Or worse still, every player.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Or worse still, every player.
It has also got me thinking about whether other clubs are doing this. Surely this must be widespread practice as Clubs roll the dice trying to put together a premiership winning side?

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It has also got me thinking about whether other clubs are doing this. Surely this must be widespread practice as Clubs roll the dice trying to put together a premiership winning side?
No doubt. Maybe to certain extents. The Roosters behaviour of late with how they have let players go (sacked) leads me to believe that this is definitely the case. Also Parramatta definitely exhibited this over the last couple of years.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is one of many on here sadly
Godturd and magturd.... you 2 must be very sad people to get your kicks off replying back with the most immature and non productive posts on this thread. Deadset I might, as you stated Godturd ‘get on my Jetski’ or you magturd ‘to get off the drugs’.... but you guys are seriously tossers hahahahaha does it make you giggle sitting behind a keyboard writing dumbshit like you do? If you guys have nothing positive to say or have any other comments that actually make sense then please don’t bother commenting on my threads. Thank you in advanced

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ok hear me out here... this is just a personal theory but could their be any coincidence that it took half a season into pay’s coaching gig to somehow come up with a master plan to clean out the current roster as soon as possible with over exaggerating our cap issues.

For starters we had suli on the books in the off season and got rid of him. That’s one example of how did we manage to do that if we are so bad in the cap. I personally think pay has no faith in this current squad and wants to get rid of as many players as he can to start rebuilding.

Mbye was always going to get the flick if he didn’t thrive in fb. On the $ his on he ain’t no superstar in our colours. Woods was a signature that pay might not even want and now they are shopping him around.

All I’m saying is it won’t surprise me if we ain’t in such a massive salary cap issue and more the fact the club is riding this excuse as the blame is pointed at previous board and coach. I might be over thinking it but I have a niggling feeling there’s something more to all this cap then we all know about.
Bro you are not overthinking,I wrote a thread few weeks back alluding to a related subject,that was deleted because I mentioned some names that was rightfully judged to be too sensitive.

In short we haven't got the foundations to be a top 4 side.There are too many key positions that needs addressing properly,we have too many overrated players occupying our cap.A patch job on a team that struggles to make the semis is futile.

Our aim must first be focused around securing good young players on value for return 3 year agreements;
Throughout 2018-19 we alleviate our cap in order to build a war chest for 2020,so as to attract targeted marquee players;
We then homogenize the young and marquee players throughout 2020;
In 2021 we make a statement.

As much as we love our club and are partial to some players,we need to be honest,compared to most teams we are a few years from being 'premiership' competitive.
We have a slap together,hope for the best spine.
A bottom 4 backline.
A pack without a vital modern ball playing lock.
At best we have a 1980-90 workhorse lock in JJ,in the running style of Price,Pearce,Clyde and Lindner.Without a modern day ball playing,go forward lock like Taumololo,De Belin, Trbojevic, Merrin, Burgess, McGuire,Papalii or Gallen.Our pack dies in the 4th quarter due to poor or no interaction between props and lock or lack of deep runs from 2nd or 3rd receiver on both sides of the ruck or through the middle.

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
Ok I’m not saying your wrong but cmon man. Des is smarter then we make him out to be. Yes his a wanker and prob deserves what he got but why in the world would he sign a extended contract with us if we are so bad cap wise. It just doesn’t make sense. That’s basically stuffing up his whole coaching career.

I think the club is using it a leverage and offloading the blame on des and Dib. Which is a smart move. They tried to screw the club and maybe now the club is using a negative into a positive. Let’s point the finger on the asshole that tried to sue us. It just doesn’t make sense in my mind how all this mess is so out of control. No matter how much des wanted to backend deals, management would have never let it get so bad we basically need to offload majority of our superstars and play a nsw cup side for 2-3 years. Something is very fishy
Because he knew he was in a win win situation
not hard to understand one million dollars either way

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
manly made a GF 2 years after he left ya dumbski. Howd he screw their cap lol
manly made a GF 2 years after he left ya dumbski. Howd he screw their cap lol
Dumski hahaha. Cause they still had all them top tier players on there back ended deals, then looked at what happen the club is still fucked by it. Where were you the last 8 years ? U look like the dumby.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesn't he tell balsa, Montoya and Foran to fuck off? He fucked off our supposed best option for hooker, why not continue the clean out.

PS I know people will say we have no replacements but who gives a fuck? We are making up the numbers till 2021. Give the pups a run.
It will happen

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Godturd and magturd.... you 2 must be very sad people to get your kicks off replying back with the most immature and non productive posts on this thread. Deadset I might, as you stated Godturd ‘get on my Jetski’ or you magturd ‘to get off the drugs’.... but you guys are seriously tossers hahahahaha does it make you giggle sitting behind a keyboard writing dumbshit like you do? If you guys have nothing positive to say or have any other comments that actually make sense then please don’t bother commenting on my threads. Thank you in advanced
Dribble

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
ok hear me out here... this is just a personal theory but could their be any coincidence that it took half a season into pay’s coaching gig to somehow come up with a master plan to clean out the current roster as soon as possible with over exaggerating our cap issues.

For starters we had suli on the books in the off season and got rid of him. That’s one example of how did we manage to do that if we are so bad in the cap. I personally think pay has no faith in this current squad and wants to get rid of as many players as he can to start rebuilding.

Mbye was always going to get the flick if he didn’t thrive in fb. On the $ his on he ain’t no superstar in our colours. Woods was a signature that pay might not even want and now they are shopping him around.

All I’m saying is it won’t surprise me if we ain’t in such a massive salary cap issue and more the fact the club is riding this excuse as the blame is pointed at previous board and coach. I might be over thinking it but I have a niggling feeling there’s something more to all this cap then we all know about.
Sounds right to me! Our biggest problem of late is that we haven’t looked ahead far enough, our club used to be the market leader in succession planning, we need to know 5 years ahead where we are going to be and what we want our side to look like but lately we have been very short sighted and snagged a marquee signature every now and then just to appease us fans. We are now reasigned to not being able to sign a marquee player until 2021, so it looks like they are clearing the decks and wipping the slate clean so we can use this next 3 year period to have a look at what players will be available in 2021 and start freeing up the books and negotiating and signing the types of players we need not want well in advance. I have no issue with letting the likes of Mbye, Woods etc go because I think Pay has looked into his crystal ball and seen that if we don’t let these guys go now it may screw up our chances for 2021 and beyond, in my opinion a few other players need tapping on the shoulder too because I just cant see them being in our long term plans Hopoate, Lichaa etc

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All we can do in these trying times is have faith in this new management,
CEO and coach
We must support our team best we can,I will attend the games no
Matter what
Could be worse,stuck up at ship creek !
Bulldogs will reign again one day

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QUOTE="CBDoggies, post: 3356237, member: 17132" Even if he did have full reins to chose what players he wanted how can management of a multi million dollar franchise get to the point we are now? Why would Dib fight so hard to stay in charge of things are so so bad.

Think you just answered your own question...
Stay in power, the lid never lifts

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could explain why Elliot is doing alot of interviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.