Clean out has commenced

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dont know about you guys but I think the clean out is a good thing and the only way forward. The only players I’d keep is Jackson and Klemmer, Pay is doing a great job under the circumstances giving our young guys a go and dropping shit ***** who don’t deserve the jersey.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont know about you guys but I think the clean out is a good thing and the only way forward. The only players I’d keep is Jackson and Klemmer, Pay is doing a great job under the circumstances giving our young guys a go and dropping shit ***** who don’t deserve the jersey.
disagree on the premise he made it his #1 priority to resign Lichaa.

It'll be hard for me to ever get past that.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Pay drops shit ***** but still keeps a lot of shit ***** in the first grade team. Anderson is the top dog, he is running the team and recruitment for us. Pay is his little puppet.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
unless we get at least one more experienced member for the spine, we.. are.. f*cked

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa was re-signed for 2 years, and to be honest we all would've signed him after the late season and world cup form he showed.
Agree. However I thought it was 1 year with another year option in our favour.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay drops shit ***** but still keeps a lot of shit ***** in the first grade team. Anderson is the top dog, he is running the team and recruitment for us. Pay is his little puppet.
Anderson is helping him out mate, nothing wrong with that considering Pay is a rookie coach. Both have the best interest of the club at heart.
I’m telling you we are very lucky to have Chris Anderson back at the club. Anderson has won a premiership with the dogs as a player and also coached us to a premiership, only he and the late great Steve Folkes have done that. Anderson is a smart cookie, a two time premiership winning coach, former Australian test coach and has tonnes of experience in rebuilding a club.

When Anderson took over in 1990, a stack of experienced players left the club at the end of that year, the likes of Langmack, Farrar, Gillespie, Tunks, Alchin, Thomas etc, Tony Currie left at the end of 88, Steve Mortimer retired and the rebuild in 1991 was well and truly underway. Young kids like Polla-Mounter, Gillies, Pay, Reardon, Relf, McCracken, J & D Smith we’re brought through and the team was built around Lamb. A couple of years later we we’re minor premiers in 93 & 94 and won the comp in 95.

Let’s not forget what Anderson brought to Melbourne. He helped start up the Storm and won them the comp in 99.

If there is anyone we need right now, it’s Anderson. The bloke has been working around the clock snapping up young guns from all over the Country. Pay won’t die wondering having Anderson there mark my words. The only way is up fellas. It may not come over night but it will come. Beware of the wounded dog!!

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anderson is helping him out mate, nothing wrong with that considering Pay is a rookie coach. Both have the best interest of the club at heart.
I’m telling you we are very lucky to have Chris Anderson back at the club. Anderson has won a premiership with the dogs and also coached us to a premiership, only he and the late great Steve Folkes have done that. Anderson is a smart cookie, a two time premiership winning coach, former Australian test coach and has tonnes of experience in rebuilding a club.

When Anderson took over in 1990, a stack of experienced players left the club at the end of that year, the likes of Langmack, Farrar, Gillespie, Tunks, Alchin, Thomas etc, Tony Currie left at the end of 88, Steve Mortimer retired and the rebuild in 1991 was well and truly underway. Young kids like Polla-Mounter, Gillies, Pay, Reardon, Relf, McCracken, J & D Smith we’re brought through and the team was built around Lamb. A couple of years later we we’re minor premiers in 93 & 94 and won the comp in 95.

Let’s not forget what Anderson brought to Melbourne. He helped start up the Storm and won them the comp in 99.

If there is anyone we need right now, it’s Anderson. The bloke has been working around the clock snapping up young guns from all over the Country. Pay won’t die wondering having Anderson there mark my words. The only way is up fellas. It may not come over night but it will come. Beware of the wounded dog!!
Thank you for this paid presentation

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa was re-signed for 2 years, and to be honest we all would've signed him after the late season and world cup form he showed.
Raysie that is so true!!! But let's not forget a lot of kennelers have selective memories. Lol :grinning:

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So if u are happy to keep just 2 players, how long u think it will take for us to get competitive again?

U can’t have a cleanout and keep only a couple of the senior players. By the time we get a good squad together Jackson will be finished.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ain’t got no money to buy anyone until the current rosters contract up and then we can move them on. Or drop the shit ***** to reserves until they get the shits and wanna release we stuck with them every other club knows we fucked for money free and will play hard ball in taking players and paying a % of salaries

It’s like taking a job in management and then being told u have no money for resources and have to make it work get results and having a workforce under paid and under performing
Except OUR WORKFORCE IS EXTREMLY OVERPAID and ain’t
doing fuck all

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not me....he was shit for 3 seasons and a Leopard don't change their spots.
I couldn't believe (in a bad way) that he got resigned!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So if u are happy to keep just 2 players, how long u think it will take for us to get competitive again?

U can’t have a cleanout and keep only a couple of the senior players. By the time we get a good squad together Jackson will be finished.
Thing is we have a lot of good players in our squad.
All the uncertainty & player movements will be having an adverse effect.
You can see it on the field.
Until such time the whole squad is united & focused on their football we will be playing shit football.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Kurt Baptiste, Billy Brittain, Manaia Cherrington, Josh Chudleigh, Robbie Farah, Craig Garvey, Harry Grant, Siliva Havili, Cameron King, Apisai Koroisau, Issac Luke, Dylan Phythian, Kaysa Pritchard, Mitch Rein, James Segeyaro, Ryan Simpkins, Cameron Smith, Tom Starling, Jazz Tevaga, Jake Turpin, Zac Woolford

just to add, all these players are off contract at the end of the season, so why, did he sign LICHAA to three years? Why no give him a go at 1 to prove himself?
Can someone please tell me why Estonia dog has been banned?

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, like to know also.
2nd missing person Deathspell?
Deathspell has been MIA after his fantasy meeting with dogs directors where they spilled all over bottles of grange

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m telling you we are very lucky to have Chris Anderson back at the club. Anderson has won a premiership with the dogs and also coached us to a premiership, only he and the late great Steve Folkes have done that. Anderson is a smart cookie, a two time premiership winning coach, former Australian test coach and has tonnes of experience in rebuilding a club.

Sold! Good work

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deathspell has been MIA after his fantasy meeting with dogs directors where they spilled all over bottles of grange
Actually Deathspell was on here a couple of days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.