A Props Salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So apparantly we are trying to move Woods on which will create a hole upfront in our roster, meaning we need to recruit another prop as we dont have any other capable props in our roster, or any juniors ready to step up

The media report we are paying Woods 900K a year which is 'overs' but comparing to other props that have moved in the past year:

Shannon Boyd who has been very inconsistent signed with the Titans for 2.4mill over 4 years so 600K/year

Junior Paulo another inconsistent prop signed with Parra for 800K a year

Matalino & Packer both are reported to have signed at Tigers for 600K a year

Good props are all going for 600-800K max which means we may have overpaid Woods by 200K going by market value which is 2% of a salary cap thats around 10million

There will be several issues if we let Woods go. We will need to recruit a prop again but none seem to be available on the market (& Knights, Eels and Roosters are all looking for a prop also so there will be competition).

With the way we are going I dont think we are an attractive option for sought after players so we will need to pay overs anyway for any decent player we recruit

Im not convinced that letting Woods go is the answer, we will create another hole in our roster which has issues all over as it is

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dogs arent after props to replace woods. They will use what we have in our club for the moment. Which means more game time for toomaga fualalo tolman tualau klemmer etc and recruit youngsters on the cheap

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like this toomaga fella. Think hes the answer. Just needs more time in first grade. Runs hard and quick play the balls. He will only get better. Titans and eels made huge mistakes paying that sought of money for them 2

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Wel have issues replacing mbye. 5 years without a proper fullback and when we find one we let him go. What a bunch of fkn retarded cocksuckers

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Being rid of woods means To'Omaga gets a permanent spot alongside Tolman.

We also have Fualalo and Tualau, who are not star players by any means but woods is not much better considering the price.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's going to be no hole in the roster if Woods leaves. Klemmer, Tolman, Fualalo, To'omaga, Tualau, Ogden plus the potential recruits like Hipgrave. There's enough ability and talent there as long as Pay gets them fit and firing and doesn't fuck up pre season again.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wel have issues replacing mbye. 5 years without a proper fullback and when we find one we let him go. What a bunch of fkn retarded cocksuckers
Some of them retards post on here.....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
we found a fullback? that might explain why our attack is so slick.. oh wait

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodsy is excess to stock and horribly overrated.

The bloke is lazy and doesn’t put in. So many lazy mistakes, it’s so frustrating.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye is no proper fullback. He is just better than what we have had. I'd almost choose any other teams fullback over him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's going to be no hole in the roster if Woods leaves. Klemmer, Tolman, Fualalo, To'omaga, Tualau, Ogden plus the potential recruits like Hipgrave. There's enough ability and talent there as long as Pay gets them fit and firing and doesn't fuck up pre season again.
All depends on whether Fualalo, Tualau and Ogden can become solid fit graders ay.. We a short on props that is all especially if Tolman is gone too.

We should sign Hipgrave and Luke Yates, tough nuggetty tear aways, some more mongrel next to Klem and JJ.

I reckon turn Elliot back into an edge player also.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You must be another retarded ****
Mate no need for name calling. Its my opinion. Here is a list of fullbacks. I know some have changed. But it paints a picture. Where does Mbye rate. For me it is as this.

1. Billy Slater
2. Kalyn Pong
3. Roger Tuivasa-sheck
4. Tom Trbojevic
5. James Tedesco
6. Darius Boyd
7. Greg Inglis
8. Josh Dugan
9. Jack Wighton
10. Michael Gordon
11. Lachlan Coote
12. Matt Dufty
13. Clint Cuthbertson
14. Moses Mbye
15. Dylan Edwards
16. Tuimoala Lolohea

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So apparantly we are trying to move Woods on which will create a hole upfront in our roster, meaning we need to recruit another prop as we dont have any other capable props in our roster, or any juniors ready to step up

The media report we are paying Woods 900K a year which is 'overs' but comparing to other props that have moved in the past year:

Shannon Boyd who has been very inconsistent signed with the Titans for 2.4mill over 4 years so 600K/year

Junior Paulo another inconsistent prop signed with Parra for 800K a year

Matalino & Packer both are reported to have signed at Tigers for 600K a year

Good props are all going for 600-800K max which means we may have overpaid Woods by 200K going by market value which is 2% of a salary cap thats around 10million

There will be several issues if we let Woods go. We will need to recruit a prop again but none seem to be available on the market (& Knights, Eels and Roosters are all looking for a prop also so there will be competition).

With the way we are going I dont think we are an attractive option for sought after players so we will need to pay overs anyway for any decent player we recruit

Im not convinced that letting Woods go is the answer, we will create another hole in our roster which has issues all over as it is
I doesn’t matter whether it’s Woods or someone else that goes. We need to shed players. The players we shed need to be attractive enough to other clubs to chase after.

We have been paying overs to players that play the same position. We are double/ tripling up in areas. While leaving more important positions with nothing.

Money should be spent on quality that the team/squad is built around.

1-10 in the cap: 65%
1, 6, 7, 9 - Best you can get top dollar
2 x Outside Backs
2 x Backrowers
2 x Props

11-20 in the cap: 23%

21-30 in the cap: 12%
Minimum wage youngsters.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Mate no need for name calling. Its my opinion. Here is a list of fullbacks. I know some have changed. But it paints a picture. Where does Mbye rate. For me it is as this.

1. Billy Slater
2. Kalyn Pong
3. Roger Tuivasa-sheck
4. Tom Trbojevic
5. James Tedesco
6. Darius Boyd
7. Greg Inglis
8. Josh Dugan
9. Jack Wighton
10. Michael Gordon
11. Lachlan Coote
12. Matt Dufty
13. Clint Cuthbertson
14. Moses Mbye
15. Dylan Edwards
16. Tuimoala Lolohea
Id have him at 8

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think we need more props (even without Woods). The game is becomming faster and more mobile, and we have a few of those types coming through.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Regardless of the ranking order at the top, you'd be hard pressed arguing Mbye is top 10. So proper fullback perhaps yes, worth keeping, I will say no.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
See this is where I disagree. Is Mybe really a fullback? I'm not convinced. Support play should be a fullback's bread and butter, yet when we make a half break...where is our fullback? For mine he is a centre, but the issue is, he is small for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.