Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just don't wanna give up on our own that's all.
Very commendable brother. But Montoya has gone backwards in a space of a season and is getting worse with every game.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If other clubs won’t take your players when they need that position filled then it proves we paid overs. The new recruitment and retention team will need to make sure contracts are in line with market value. This might lead to players leaving but at least our cap won’t be shot in the future

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Woods played his last game for the dogs. He'll be running out for the sharks round 14
To do this he'd have to be confirmed and leaving tomorrow right?

1. Klemmer & Woods should be starting props
2. No one is supporting Woods for offloads

Pay shouldn't have to instruct players to follow Woods ffs. They all know what Woods is about yet, Frawley, JMK, Mbye & Foran don't back him up.
Absolutely ... Woods and Forans game suffer the same problems ironically... and that's players backing them up.

With capable players sniffing aruond and knowing their best assets in the game are offloading, we'd be in a far better position that we are.

Instead we had Moses Mouthbye talking about everything he was going to do and not doing it, and a bunch of other lazy flogs not wanting to put in.

Give Tolman credit for something, at least the bloke backs up!

It's like a player makes a break in our side and the 12 others on field shit the bed because they've never seen a line break before.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on. Our Club is in a massive mess atm.. Woods must be as shocked as all the fans are as to what is going on. Imagine arriving at our once prestigious Club to partner his mate and Australian front row partner AND THEN GET TOLD HE IS GOING TO BE SHOPPED AROUND. Think about it... it makes my head spin, so what would HE be thinking FFS. Why would he not think we are a joke. I do. I am a lifelong fan but I am disgusted by my Club's behaviour.
Woods was signed based on Hasler being coach. Who's to say after Hasler was dismissed Woods wasn't already pissed off before a game was played? He has certainly played as if he wasn't happy or wanted to be there since day one. Woods hasn't shown any emotion on the field nor has he come out and say he is happy at the club. No point keeping a player who just doesn't want to be there or play anywhere near the expectations of an $800,000 player

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now if we can piss off Tolman and Foran with eastwood going at years end we at least start moving forward. I am good if the Morris twins stay on another year. If they had decent halves they would score a lot more.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely ... Woods and Forans game suffer the same problems ironically... and that's players backing them up.

With capable players sniffing aruond and knowing their best assets in the game are offloading, we'd be in a far better position that we are.

Instead we had Moses Mouthbye talking about everything he was going to do and not doing it, and a bunch of other lazy flogs not wanting to put in.

Give Tolman credit for something, at least the bloke backs up!

It's like a player makes a break in our side and the 12 others on field shit the bed because they've never seen a line break before.
Tolman does feature in support play that is true. Maybe it's a shock to the system for this team after playing dour football for 2 years. Our 2nd phase play in 2012 was the best in the comp, contrast that to now.

1. Mbye was busy having coffee with Katie
2. Woods + Tedesco combo was able to cut through the middle third of teams.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very commendable brother. But Montoya has gone backwards in a space of a season and is getting worse with every game.
Yeah but there are few factors.. No brenko is one so less attacking options.

2nd yr syndrome.. Look at Brooke's in his second yr. Shit house and now his flying

Maybe he needs to revert to natural left side where he likes to use his right shoulder.

Kids good.. Not electric but good.. Worth persisting with in my opinion .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but there are few factors.. No brenko is one so less attacking options.

2nd yr syndrome.. Look at Brooke's in his second yr. Shit house and now his flying

Maybe he needs to revert to natural left side where he likes to use his right shoulder.

Kids good.. Not electric but good.. Worth persisting with in my opinion .
I'd give him another year, purely because he is on the cheap.

He was a monster last year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s rumoured that Holmes is leaving the Sharks to take up a deal at the acowboys next season. This could lead to Tolman or Woods to the Sharks? They need middle forwards more than wingers right now
That's bad news of we want katoa..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd give him another year, purely because he is on the cheap.

He was a monster last year.
He was good coming through too.. Tough bugger with some good speed.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If woods goes, we need to sign another forward to replace him , who do we get ???

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If woods goes, we need to sign another forward to replace him , who do we get ???
For the last time...no we don’t!

We had enough props last year before we went out and paid 800k for Woods.

We need a hooker, centre or a halfback.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the last time...no we don’t!

We had enough props last year before we went out and paid 800k for Woods.

We need a hooker, centre or a halfback.
Hipgrave. Young Matt Scott / Webke. I'm thinking big af but the kids 21 and is a former unders SOO captain. Lunatic on the field, if he calms it down could be anything.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use his and mbye money to sign barba norman and farah. A spine on barba norman foran and farah will kill it. Otherwise whats the point on releasing him to resign the morris twins?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We don't need any more forwards

Hookers 50000 of them running around in our club
Props klemmer tolman fualalo toomaga Ogden
2nd row Jackson rfm martin
Lock elliot fine and other shit forwards we have running around in juniors

We will not make top 8 next year. Let's just flush out all the players we don't need. Use next year as a trial run to see which of the above are good. Piss off the rest and recruit heavily for 2020.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think so. Klemmer loves the club more than his mate. Don't we all? I'm serious. I know I do. Wife and kids just nudge the club. Only by a whisker.
Was with you until you said wife nudges the Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spot on. Our Club is in a massive mess atm.. Woods must be as shocked as all the fans are as to what is going on. Imagine arriving at our once prestigious Club to partner his mate and Australian front row partner AND THEN GET TOLD HE IS GOING TO BE SHOPPED AROUND. Think about it... it makes my head spin, so what would HE be thinking FFS. Why would he not think we are a joke. I do. I am a lifelong fan but I am disgusted by my Club's behaviour.
That is somewhat true... however in the same vein I would like to think he would be open and honest with himself and question his own integrity and loyalty in the way that he dragged on his contract negotions leaving the Tigers high and dry... he has inadvertently got what he deserved from a Tigers standpoint

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Use his and mbye money to sign barba norman and farah. A spine on barba norman foran and farah will kill it. Otherwise whats the point on releasing him to resign the morris twins?
WTF is this crap. Are you on the drink ?

Status
Not open for further replies.