Mbye vs Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pointless thread really. Firstly we don't know what either Foran or Mbye are being paid and unless you (1) Manage or (2) Are Foran or Mbye, you might as well be guessing how many hairs there are on a random dog. Player salaries aren't public knowledge despite what the media might let you think. Basing this thread on the assumption that you have knowledge of salaries makes it pointless.

Mbye struck it lucky with the fact that he showed some promise in a few games when he was off contract and had plenty of interest from other clubs predominantly because he had played well in the lower grades and showed some footwork. He got a big money contract and as far as I can see hasn't given a shit since. He does occasionally have good moments, but in all honesty I think they're down to circumstance rather than him applying any effort. In every good game he's had the rest of the team has laid a platform in a massive way and he's had a few lucky line breaks off that platform. He's been bog average since he started earning big money and just doesn't try. His biggest attribute is that he's well spoken, so he gets extra work in the media. To my way of thinking he's among the biggest self promoters in the game.

Foran probably wouldn't have been my first choice of recruits. Even in his Manly days I thought he was hy6ped up more than he deserved, but he's achieved far more in the game than Mbye has or in my opinion will. He earned his reputation through actually putting in effort. For him to play at his best he needs others around him to be playing well. The team around Foran has hardly allowed him to excel. Our support play is among the most sluggish imaginable (a big part of that support play should be Mbye). For the early part of the season he's had another big self promoter (Lichaa) feeding him the ball with defenders in his face. The forwards have also had to deal with slow ball service which has meant they've also struggled to lay the best platform. He needs to improve to get back to what the hype has indicated he can be, but the whole team needs to lift for that to happen.

If Mbye finds the will to succeed he might reach his potential. But he's never shown much desire to do more than is required to hold an NRL position. Foran probably has more chance to get back to his best and I hope that he manages to get there.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pointless thread really. Firstly we don't know what either Foran or Mbye are being paid and unless you (1) Manage or (2) Are Foran or Mbye, you might as well be guessing how many hairs there are on a random dog. Player salaries aren't public knowledge despite what the media might let you think. Basing this thread on the assumption that you have knowledge of salaries makes it pointless.

Mbye struck it lucky with the fact that he showed some promise in a few games when he was off contract and had plenty of interest from other clubs predominantly because he had played well in the lower grades and showed some footwork. He got a big money contract and as far as I can see hasn't given a shit since. He does occasionally have good moments, but in all honesty I think they're down to circumstance rather than him applying any effort. In every good game he's had the rest of the team has laid a platform in a massive way and he's had a few lucky line breaks off that platform. He's been bog average since he started earning big money and just doesn't try. His biggest attribute is that he's well spoken, so he gets extra work in the media. To my way of thinking he's among the biggest self promoters in the game.

Foran probably wouldn't have been my first choice of recruits. Even in his Manly days I thought he was hy6ped up more than he deserved, but he's achieved far more in the game than Mbye has or in my opinion will. He earned his reputation through actually putting in effort. For him to play at his best he needs others around him to be playing well. The team around Foran has hardly allowed him to excel. Our support play is among the most sluggish imaginable (a big part of that support play should be Mbye). For the early part of the season he's had another big self promoter (Lichaa) feeding him the ball with defenders in his face. The forwards have also had to deal with slow ball service which has meant they've also struggled to lay the best platform. He needs to improve to get back to what the hype has indicated he can be, but the whole team needs to lift for that to happen.

If Mbye finds the will to succeed he might reach his potential. But he's never shown much desire to do more than is required to hold an NRL position. Foran probably has more chance to get back to his best and I hope that he manages to get there.
The extra media bit means more money. It used to be that if you went on the Footy Show or other shows for a decent time you would get paid $10k. Who knows what it is now?

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye has good skills but no football sense and doesnt have drive to compete. He may do better at the Tigers but he needed to go for us. He was taking up too much salary cap space. Foran looks past it but thanks to past administration looks like we are stuck with him. He is a running 2nd receiver, not the half back we need. Neitther was Mbye. Maybe next season with Cogger at half Foran may go better, if he lasts that long. This season is finished, give him some time off to see if he can get himself fit.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Remember when you gave the kennel the big LOL last year when you said Desaster was head and shoulders better than Bellamy and Bennett, and that you were looking forward to seeing the great Des at Belmore till 2019?

It's taken you a while to come back in quietly "little man"

AAAHHHHAAAA someone must have flushed a toilet.......every time someone does that your your head pops up :kissingheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.