Bulldogs may yet re-sign veteran duo Brett and Josh Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Best news I heard in a while if true. Both Morris boys are definitely worth keeping.

Okay, you can argue how long and how much but they are still elite level and will support a developing back line, Hoppa can go if you want to exit someone.
People in the site are ‘off chops’ thinking you can burn a year or two with only young guys.
Every great football team has a balance of experience and youth, we’ve been missing the youth part for 6 years due to Dibshit trusting Des. Most of the guys we have let go over last few years gave good value but we became too heavy with experience and now pay for it. .....but you can’t throw every experienced player away, .....only imbeciles can suggest that.

Please keep the Morris boys !!!
Agree 100%

Penrith is a great example of exactly this with their roster.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bit of experience would help the young guys for sure... one year deal wouldn't hurt... jmoz has deserved it...

unless of course the club can unearth another gun like latrel... I'm not really aware of any other good back on the market for next year though...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree. But for the right price it won't hurt us to keep Brett. I think the key to all of this is to make sure we have money available for when the right players come onto the market. Unless of course we can forward pay some of the backended contracts with money we are freeing up now with Mbye and Woods.

It's a trade off between competitive and getting out of the cap mess we are in quicker. Not an easy decision.
Yh for sure, i think waiting for the right player while picking up a few good kids is the right option. The Knights did it and got Pearce, Ponga, Guerra, Barnett, SKD, Watson, etc.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a few old heads in the team when we lift the trophy in 2020, Morris boys retiring would be a good story

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're an idiot.

We are paying. You can't argue with me on this. I know it as a fact.

We are not paying alot in my opinion. But if you think we are getting out of this without any financial disadvantage. You are a puppet
What are we paying?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a article that pay can’t wait to see the back of Morris boys. Apparently they are big sooks and are not accepted by a lot of the playing group. I’ve met josh in person and his personality seems to be a bit blunt... but I read so much crap online these days who knows what’s true.... the place I read it was from sporting news page on fb...

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh it's pretty much around there. How anyone could think we got away with releasing without paying a cent and him then getting an upgraded contract worth $4m at the Tigers is laughable.
Ok, comprehension lesson 101. Read the article.
Obviously the tigers think he’s a $1m a year player. If they are paying him $1m for 2021 and 2022 from their own cap what makes you think they are not paying him $1m for 2019 and 2020. Obviously they think he’s worth it and see him as their long term fullback.

Another thing, the article also say we are freeing up $800k which is what he’s on. It’s didn’t say we are freeing up $650k or $700k, it said $800k.

He asked for a release. There was no tap on the shoulder or shopping him around. Now I’m not basing my fact on the article itself, but my sources are way beyond where your getting your info from, especially if you say things like “yeh it’s pretty much around there.” Now that’s what you call laughable mate!

People that come on this page and start posting things as fact when it’s only second hand information that they may get from a friend who knows someone at the club, or a trainer, or someone on the coaching staff, or a friend of a friend is mind blowing. Even if it’s from Andrew Hill himself. If you have no direct connection to any directors then just keep quite.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read a article that pay can’t wait to see the back of Morris boys. Apparently they are big sooks and are not accepted by a lot of the playing group. I’ve met josh in person and his personality seems to be a bit blunt... but I read so much crap online these days who knows what’s true.... the place I read it was from sporting news page on fb...
Never said pay, it said Bulldogs....
Which could be one person someone spoke to or half a dozen....

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ok, comprehension lesson 101. Read the article.
Obviously the tigers think he’s a $1m a year player. If they are paying him $1m for 2021 and 2022 from their own cap what makes you think they are not paying him $1m for 2019 and 2020. Obviously they think he’s worth it and see him as their long term fullback.

Another thing, the article also say we are freeing up $800k which is what he’s on. It’s didn’t say we are freeing up $650k or $700k, it said $800k.

He asked for a release. There was no tap on the shoulder or shopping him around. Now I’m not basing my fact on the article itself, but my sources are way beyond where your getting your info from, especially if you say things like “yeh it’s pretty much around there.” Now that’s what you call laughable mate!

People that come on this page and start posting things as fact when it’s only second hand information that they may get from a friend who knows someone at the club, or a trainer, or someone on the coaching staff, or a friend of a friend is mind blowing. Even if it’s from Andrew Hill himself. If you have no direct connection to any directors then just keep quite.
Mate you know your stuff ... and it shows you’ve been a supported for a long time... @Dogna88 eat a fat one

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I personally think the club needs to look to the future and bring in younger and hungrier players . The Morris twins are in the veteran stages of their careers . They won’t give us more than what they already have.
Unless they are happy to sign for very little money I don’t think it’s a good idea to extend their contracts.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
WHAT FORRRRR!!!! Bring in the kids!!! Prolonging this era WILL NOT HELP US!!!

Jmoz just got injured for 2 months and his brother has played a total of 1 yr in 3 yrs at the club... WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!
We need done experience in the team (I mean experience that is actually valuable, not just a hobbled liability like Foran. The Morris brothers offer more to this club than that con artist ever will. They’ve also done a lot more for the team this year. I’d rather a player like BMoz who puts in every time he’s on field rather than a player like Foran who takes the field even when he’s a liability and only puts pressure on the rest of our playing group and salary cap.

Not happy we are paying for a geriatric, but the Mozzies ate still great club servants. All teams need a balance of youth and experience.

They should be retained. They still add a lot to this team and unlike certain other players, they’ve earned my respect and (in my opinion) the right to finish their careers here.

Sign ‘me up, if we can afford ‘em.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate you know your stuff ... and it shows you’ve been a supported for a long time... @Dogna88 eat a fat one
Dogna88 your simply retarded and don’t know shit
Bahahaha ok Archie. Because your opinion matters.

Maybe ask dogwhisper if I don't know shit. Thats if you can speak with your mouth full of his privates ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.