Sharks circle Woods for mid-season switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tolman is a good squad player. Is no superstar but does his job. It's rare to get a prop who plays 80 mins. Tolman is more of a lock than a prop. With this regard he is no Sam Burgess or Taumololo, but also on half the money. Our problem does not lie with Tolman. We have the worst spine in the NRL. By a long way too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman is a good squad player. Is no superstar but does his job. It's rare to get a prop who plays 80 mins. Tolman is more of a lock than a prop. With this regard he is no Sam Burgess or Taumololo, but also on half the money. Our problem does not lie with Tolman. We have the worst spine in the NRL. By a long way too.
There's no value in him playing large minutes with his lack of impact. He needs to put on more size.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone think that getting rid of Woods so quickly, and quite frankly unceremoniously, will affect Klemmer? Aren't they supposed to be best buds?

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone think that getting rid of Woods so quickly, and quite frankly unceremoniously, will affect Klemmer? Aren't they supposed to be best buds?
I don't think so. Klemmer loves the club more than his mate. Don't we all? I'm serious. I know I do. Wife and kids just nudge the club. Only by a whisker.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly don't care bro, as long as he doesn't pollute our jersey.

We have seen the best of him, it's all downhill for him now. Feel free to quote me next year :p
I tend to agree with you,
He clearly came here to the dogs for the pay cheque and to hang with Klemmer.
Im not saying Woods isn't trying, but he isn't giving 100%, and that is why his error count and miss tackles at critical moments are high and why many fans are frustrated with him, and no doubt why he was a big name to be offered out to other clubs to relieve our cap pressure.

I, just like you, want him gone ASAP, and don't care if his form increases at another club, clearly his form ain't going to improve with us,

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you,
He clearly came here to the dogs for the pay cheque and to hang with Klemmer.
Im not saying Woods isn't trying, but he isn't giving 100%, and that is why his error count and miss tackles at critical moments are high and why many fans are frustrated with him, and no doubt why he was a big name to be offered out to other clubs to relieve our cap pressure.

I, just like you, want him gone ASAP, and don't care if his form increases at another club, clearly his form ain't going to improve with us,
The effort return for error makes perfect sense.

I will start off by saying I am not a Woods fan. I think he is a great prop but to me he is just not aggressive enough. Not a Bulldog type of player. In saying that I would be happy to keep him. My issue, is that I believe the money used on him could be used for our spine. I think he cops a lot of my frustration at the moment because of this more than because of the effort for error output.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods played his last game for the dogs. He'll be running out for the sharks round 14

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure Cronulla has been rorting the salary cap for a few years now. Remember when they were broke a few years back & since then they just buy big names every year since. They blatant drug cheats so breaking the salery cap would not effect the clubs conscious.

Reactions: DDR

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a rabble. We are getting excited about releasing players, not signing them. Man how times have changed

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

He is a good player and does his job?

Then I Hope your not one of the fans bagging woods

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is a good player and does his job?

Then I Hope your not one of the fans bagging woods
Actually I'm not. In another thread i posted my opinion on Woods. Not a fan but he is not our problem. Happy to keep him or lose him. Would prefer his money is spent on our spine.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure Cronulla has been rorting the salary cap for a few years now. Remember when they were broke a few years back & since then they just buy big names every year since. They blatant drug cheats so breaking the salery cap would not effect the clubs conscious.
they are swimming in cash thanks to the revenue stream coming from the real estate developments going on around there

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’ll be releasing players yes. Look, some things will happen which some supporters may not agree with, but I can assure everybody there will be some short term pain for a very successful Canterbury in the future.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How does that help the team?
100% Correct HotDog. Getting rid of the coach now will only set us back even more. He’s moving and shaking the place and that’s what we need right now. Let him restructure the squad the way he wants it first, then we can judge him later on. Then if he doesn’t perform I’ll be the first one to ask for his sacking. But wanting the club to sack him now is ludicrous and stupid.

Thank goodness no one on here is running the club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Klemmer has played some worst footy of his career playing along side his "bets buddy" in Woods.

Only last few games Klemmer has got his act together, ironically just before the origin time.

Status
Not open for further replies.