Canterbury find Mbye replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone hearin about this bloke from wests coming over? Apparently they call him 'Baa'??

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
LOL at this thread... kennel at its best...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Word around is barba is home sick we might need a new fullback

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys a reliable source told me Deano has signed Usain bolt to play fullback effective immediately.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
View attachment 6105

Could have been 78-0 if they got all the kicks too.

Meaney's defence alone was the result of quite a few tries. Don't believe me, take close note of the absolutely pathetic defensive attempts by #1 for the Knights.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/02/mounties-pile-points-on-knights/
What highlights were you watching. Most tries scored on wings. He threw one bad pass that led to a length of the field try. Two tries he came across when winger about to score. One try he should have made a better attempt at front rower.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What highlights were you watching. Most tries scored on wings. He threw one bad pass that led to a length of the field try. Two tries he came across when winger about to score. One try he should have made a better attempt at front rower.
Watch how many times he bounces off in defence when a try is on.

At least 3-4 times.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's any better than Brad Abbey (whom might I add scored in that game). He's Brad Abbey v2.0. Looks like a superstar coming through the grades but struggles at a NSW Cup level, and defensively is way off the pace (tackles like a double armed amputee).

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'm just being realistic here.

Don't expect miracles, or him to be the saviour of the #1 jersey. He offers about the same as others already with the club, just with a massive question mark on his defence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Watch how many times he bounces off in defence when a try is on.

At least 3-4 times.

I've seen nothing to suggest he's any better than Brad Abbey (whom might I add scored in that game). He's Brad Abbey v2.0. Looks like a superstar coming through the grades but struggles at a NSW Cup level, and defensively is way off the pace (tackles like a double armed amputee).

I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'm just being realistic here.

Don't expect miracles, or him to be the saviour of the #1 jersey. He offers about the same as others already with the club, just with a massive question mark on his defence.
Bergamin?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think some people are misunderstanding what is happening at the club.
We are rebuilding and hence why Pay is getting all the best young guys available like Cogger, Crichton and Meaney due to how bad our salary cap is and people shouldn't expect this to be an overnight fix. This will take 2-3 years but we will get there....just need a bit of patience (I know it's hard cause I'm impatient as they come) as we really haven't got much choice.
Just ordered a new amp for my hi-fi. I want it now, but the company insists that every product is lab tested and run in before they give it the OK to ship. Have to be patient because the result will be well worth it. I see the Dogs as the same right now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bergamin?
Yep. Comparison between both of them from this rounds games.

upload_2018-6-3_22-11-10.png

Note for Meaney (compared to Bergamin):
4 runs for 25m (compared to 18 runs for 144m).
6 Tackles - 5 missed (compared to 4 tackles - 2 missed).
9 Post contact metres (compared to 42).
2 Try Causes (compared to 0).
2 Penalties Conceeded (compared to 0).

Really not sure how people consider him a superstar based on such numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.