How to get Foran off our salary cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyeZed

Waterboy
Reaction score
Surely there has to be a way to get rid of Kieren Foran and off our salary cap completely? We can’t just fork out $1 million from the salary cap for the next three years for a player who has the body of a 40 year old. Maybe medically retire him, where he would still get his money just won’t be part of the cap and offer a coaching contract ? Send him to super league? There has to be a way to get him off our cap. Any ideas?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran will be okay as long as we don't ask the Roosters for advice on how to "move on" players.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Halves coach for NRL and ISP and club junior teams. At least it might get him off the playing salary cap. However, isn't there a cap for non playing staff these days? Also, medical retirement - can that be done for pre existing conditions? Super League? I think he is past that as well. He must know he is not coping and is letting people down.. Maybe he could be talked into retiring himself and taking on a non playing role.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Million dollar halves coach.
I suppose you can make a deal with him that he voluntarily medically retires and we give him a big money job, off the cap. Like halves coach yeh.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Foran will walk if keeps playing bad. It's about being happy for him, if his playing poor and life becomes negative he will walk me thinks

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think if he medically retires the clubs insurance will pay him out and I don’t think it comes from the cap

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have I missed something.. why all the For an hate he's had a couple of quiet games but geez
Because he’s getting paid 1 million + per season and is too fucking broken to take control of the team and touch the ball on the last tackle. Instead he leaves a park footballer in Frawley to kick and heaven forbid what happens now the ‘give the ball to mbye on the last’ looks to be done.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Because he’s getting paid 1 million + per season and is too fucking broken to take control of the team and touch the ball on the last tackle. Instead he leaves a park footballer in Frawley to kick and heaven forbid what happens now the ‘give the ball to mbye on the last’ looks to be done.
Maybe now Mbye is gone he will go another option. I wish he turned the ball back on the inside more often instead of always going to the edges. We have no strike on the right side he needs to go to the left olive and RFM will make foz look heaps better

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he medically retires the clubs insurance will pay him out and I don’t think it comes from the cap
Can't medically retire for pre existing injuries but I guess we could argue that Hasler and Dib didn't do any medical test because surely you don't pay a million dollars for anyone with pre existing injuries? I guess you do in this case.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have I missed something.. why all the For an hate he's had a couple of quiet games but geez
Agree apart from a couple of ordinary games,I think the effort has been there,he needs someone other than Frawley,there time for maybe Lewis or someone else

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His broke and broken bad... he doesn’t even seem to be happy on the field cause his in so much pain. He walks like a grandfather and 12 rounds into the season with his biggest offseason in a while and his looking like this. Give him another 12 rounds and I reckon we will need to stretcher him on and off the field.

I personally also think he will retire if his form doesn’t get better (or body can’t handle it). His name isn’t even mentioned when it comes to other clubs enquiring about our players lol... which says a lot

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran will walk if keeps playing bad. It's about being happy for him, if his playing poor and life becomes negative he will walk me thinks

Be most reports, he has a million plus reasons to be happy. It's surely his last contract and we were stupid enough to pay massive overs for him, so after footy he should be set up quite nicely

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The reason Foran gets belted all the time and busted up is because he's the only one taking on the line.

In other teams he has played in, normally there are players trailling him for his late pass at the line.

Start doing that and you'll start seeing Forans worth.

Not sure where the $1 million contract is coming from. No other club would touch him so us or ESL were his only options.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure the Foran baggers on here understand our halves problem.

The fact we don’t have an organising half hurts Forans impact on the game. He has never been the dominant organising half. He desperately needs a half beside him who can keep control of field position. Mainly kicking.

He also has never played with such bad hooker service. Our hookers offer no threat. Defences just slide and smash Foran every time.

In saying all that I would like him to play on both sides of the field more.

Oh and Frawley needs to go to England. Not a first grader!

Status
Not open for further replies.