Cap issues coverup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea I agree to a extent and maybe we are as bad as reports are saying but you need to do the maths here and calculate numbers. Mbye is gone and graham. Morris boys and Eastwood next year. Possibly woods also. Even if we are paying $500k between woods and mbye next year and Foran is back ended. Klemmer is on like 500k maybe less. It doesn’t make any sense atall how we are blown out of the cap as reports are saying. Michael McGuire never officially came out and said that. That was just a rumour spread by the mole or some shit like that
Mate, you really think Klemmer is on around $500k? I would more than double that and same goes for Jackson. We will have still 4 players on $1m+ pa next season. Throw in Hoppa and that is basically half the cap on 5 blokes. When you throw in what Mbye would've soaked up you can see we didn't/haven't got anything to play with. Essentially we have 25 players taking up around $5m next season. That's an average of $200k a head. If Mbye were retained that would drop to $4m for 24 players or around $150k per head. Still think it is a conspiracy? People wanting to dump Lichaa/Frawley etc seem to think they are on big money. They aren't - they are on peanuts with playing bonuses for being in FG.

Oh and we apparently want to retain Martin, RFM and Lewis. Well if you upgrade their contracts that probably drops the rest down around $125k pa. There sure is a word for all this but it isn't conspiracy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well for starters we are spoilt with international players across the park. We are stuck with a lot on back ended deals. Next to nobody are playing in form and we are on the brink of getting a wooden spoon with a top 8 roster. How could we possibly sell most of the players at highest price possible if we use the reason that we are going through a clean out. Who would want our rubbish? Using the cap excuse is like saying we really value our players but need to move them to be cap compliant. Anyway not saying I’m right just my theory lol
We only have Klemmer and Woods as current internationals. I don’t belive we are a top 8 roster we have no recognised hooker or halfback, the backline is average at best and our depth in the pack is thin. I don’t really buy into the theory I think the clean out would be happening with the salary cap problem or not but you never know I guess.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why? All I hear is that it’s stupid bla bla bla but why wouldn’t their be some truth to it? I reckon we are cap compliant already but they are pushing unwanted rubbish from our club now and keep using the cap drama as a excuse... I’m not saying I’m 100% right but why not begin the clean out now. By the end of year I reckon we will have a lot of our players that are unwanted gone
I wasn't referencing you my bro, the mismanagement is stupidity, not what you said.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only have Klemmer and Woods as current internationals. I don’t belive we are a top 8 roster we have no recognised hooker or halfback, the backline is average at best and our depth in the pack is thin. I don’t really buy into the theory I think the clean out would be happening with the salary cap problem or not but you never know I guess.
I disagree... maybe let me rephrase. Representatives. Jackson nsw, Morris twins nsw, montaya Fiji, foran nz, Woods nsw Australia, Klemmer nsw Australia and now mbye Queensland (lol)... what I’m trying to say is that even though some players are not representing country or state anymore there is still enough experience for our side to be better then 3 wins midway into the season. Even if ain’t top 8 because because of our halves and Hooker issue we should still be up higher on the ladder. Let me ask you a genuine question. If we had Bellamy as coach do you think we would be in a better position? I personally think if the team won all those games that we have lost by 6 or less we would in easily in the top 8 and mbye wouldn’t be going anywhere

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree... maybe let me rephrase. Representatives. Jackson nsw, Morris twins nsw, montaya Fiji, foran nz, Woods nsw Australia, Klemmer nsw Australia and now mbye Queensland (lol)... what I’m trying to say is that even though some players are not representing country or state anymore there is still enough experience for our side to be better then 3 wins midway into the season. Even if ain’t top 8 because because of our halves and Hooker issue we should still be up higher on the ladder. Let me ask you a genuine question. If we had Bellamy as coach do you think we would be in a better position? I personally think if the team won all those games that we have lost by 6 or less we would in easily in the top 8 and mbye wouldn’t be going anywhere
Only Klemmer is a current rep player though that means that these guys are not representative players anymore and I'd say only Jacko has a chance of ever getting back to that stage. Its a massive stretch claiming Montoya and Mbye as rep players.......
The spine would be in the bottom one or two in the whole comp and Bellamy would struggle with it too. The thing is if you a lose couple of those close games its unlucky but losing that many means we have an issue and that is we don't have enough points in us and we cant close out games.
Pay wants his own team and is only working with what Des left he would have been making changes no matter what.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye was called into QLD camp to do the catering.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only Klemmer is a current rep player though that means that these guys are not representative players anymore and I'd say only Jacko has a chance of ever getting back to that stage. Its a massive stretch claiming Montoya and Mbye as rep players.......
The spine would be in the bottom one or two in the whole comp and Bellamy would struggle with it too. The thing is if you a lose couple of those close games its unlucky but losing that many means we have an issue and that is we don't have enough points in us and we cant close out games.
Pay wants his own team and is only working with what Des left he would have been making changes no matter what.
Yea makes sense... I totally agree I’m just trying to think outside the box. I know we struggle for points and a lot of the blame lands on our dud Foran. We are worse off then last year. I knew he was busted but I didn’t think he was going to be this bad. If he was in form I reckon we would be going a lot better. We are 4th highest team to attack in opposition 10m zone. So getting there isn’t the issue. It’s what we are doing there that’s the problem and I think foran has a lot to answer for.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea makes sense... I totally agree I’m just trying to think outside the box. I know we struggle for points and a lot of the blame lands on our dud Foran. We are worse off then last year. I knew he was busted but I didn’t think he was going to be this bad. If he was in form I reckon we would be going a lot better. We are 4th highest team to attack in opposition 10m zone. So getting there isn’t the issue. It’s what we are doing there that’s the problem and I think foran has a lot to answer for.
Yeah Foran is a massive reason for how bad we are going even Frawley takes on more responsibility then him. The whole team is low on confidence things looked promising in that first 20 mins against the Storm then their heads dropped and they haven’t gotten up since.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fits the rumour going around of a certain director getting too involved with the workings of the club, pissing the coach off, and has now appointed himself in a position whereby he can control who the club brings in as signings.
Amazing how this rumour started after its Anderson is named as look after our recruitment!

BekiCollin

Waterboy
Reaction score
possibly be Anderson is cleaning up the team up starting from scratch

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Amazing how this rumour started after its Anderson is named as look after our recruitment!
These rumours are manufactured rumours. Anderson is not in charge of recruitment. He works well with Dean Pay and would have considerable input.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anderson has built 2 GF winning teams from the ground up already. He might have done the rounds but at heart he is ruthlessly Bulldogs and knows that club success is bigger than individuals. Any involvement he is having is good.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These rumours are manufactured rumours. Anderson is not in charge of recruitment. He works well with Dean Pay and would have considerable input.
Yeah I was being sarcastic... Mr I hates anything to do with the Andersons and the rumour is in his gead

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok I’m not saying your wrong but cmon man. Des is smarter then we make him out to be. Yes his a wanker and prob deserves what he got but why in the world would he sign a extended contract with us if we are so bad cap wise. It just doesn’t make sense. That’s basically stuffing up his whole coaching career.

I think the club is using it a leverage and offloading the blame on des and Dib. Which is a smart move. They tried to screw the club and maybe now the club is using a negative into a positive. Let’s point the finger on the asshole that tried to sue us. It just doesn’t make sense in my mind how all this mess is so out of control. No matter how much des wanted to backend deals, management would have never let it get so bad we basically need to offload majority of our superstars and play a nsw cup side for 2-3 years. Something is very fishy
You may be right or you may be wrong, no one really knows but before Desaster and Dickhead Dib got the ass they were found out for salary cap breaching, they had to offload Graham remember? Both are as useless as each other in my eyes - the players couldn’t wait to see the back of them, they had resigned and recruited absolute shit players and paid them a fortune to deliver shit. Worst part is that we as fans have to watch this rubbish still till now and both these fuckers sucked all they could out of the club including that fat useless waste of space Castle whilst this was happening

Look at all the good players we lost whilst they were in charge and every year, one by one we crept declining down the ladder.

Regardless of who did what or who’s pointing the finger at who the team needed an overhaul thank god the new leadership is taking action to clear out the deadwood (in my eyes 85% need to go) and recruit some fresh young speedy talent and mentor them with some experienced talent around them and I mean talent not hole fillers like Elliot and the like. It may take a little time to gel but at least it’s a step in the right direction cause clearly there was no premiership coming let alone top 8 with the current roster

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ok hear me out here... this is just a personal theory but could their be any coincidence that it took half a season into pay’s coaching gig to somehow come up with a master plan to clean out the current roster as soon as possible with over exaggerating our cap issues.

For starters we had suli on the books in the off season and got rid of him. That’s one example of how did we manage to do that if we are so bad in the cap. I personally think pay has no faith in this current squad and wants to get rid of as many players as he can to start rebuilding.

Mbye was always going to get the flick if he didn’t thrive in fb. On the $ his on he ain’t no superstar in our colours. Woods was a signature that pay might not even want and now they are shopping him around.

All I’m saying is it won’t surprise me if we ain’t in such a massive salary cap issue and more the fact the club is riding this excuse as the blame is pointed at previous board and coach. I might be over thinking it but I have a niggling feeling there’s something more to all this cap then we all know about.
LOL.....

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok I’m not saying your wrong but cmon man. Des is smarter then we make him out to be. Yes his a wanker and prob deserves what he got but why in the world would he sign a extended contract with us if we are so bad cap wise. It just doesn’t make sense. That’s basically stuffing up his whole coaching career.

I think the club is using it a leverage and offloading the blame on des and Dib. Which is a smart move. They tried to screw the club and maybe now the club is using a negative into a positive. Let’s point the finger on the asshole that tried to sue us. It just doesn’t make sense in my mind how all this mess is so out of control. No matter how much des wanted to backend deals, management would have never let it get so bad we basically need to offload majority of our superstars and play a nsw cup side for 2-3 years. Something is very fishy
Get off the drugs.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you are telling me we are manly are we? We are the richest club in the comp and we didn’t get here by fluke. I’m not saying I’m right I’m just saying this all stinks... as soon as the club settled to a agreement with des and paid him out the week after our cap issues are so bad we are physically screwed for years to come. Cmon how true can this be. Des ran the football side not the contract side as we are told. Even if he did have full reins to chose what players he wanted how can management of a multi million dollar franchise get to the point we are now? Why would Dib fight so hard to stay in charge of things are so so bad.

Everyone who’s calling me a idiot has basically said so because they believe what the media is spinning and what the club is saying to us. Really since when do the media tell the whole truth or not make up crap. And since when as a fan base has the club been so outright generous in telling us exactly what’s going on with the cap
You have no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.