Are we paying anything for Moses Mbye to play elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Big part no doubt.
But not just one man.
Players share a major responsibility.
Sorry to say but the club is rotten to the core.
Are the rotten ***** gone (The 3 Spooges) or are they still involved?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what I cannot understand.
How can we be in so much salary cap trouble with such a shit roster??
Just fucking ridiculous.
I will bet that we are not the only ones with a cap problem. But we are dealing with it others arent yet!! These player managers all work the same dealing with clubs . How does the nrl agree to contracts and not monitor each clubs cap. They punish coaches for telling the truth saying there giving the game a bad name yet they wait till a club is over the cap announce it like heros fine the club and give the game a bad name themselves. bad administrators not worth two bob. Instead of preventing problems they wait till its done then punish whoever. Wankers

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Are the rotten ***** gone (The 3 Spooges) or are they still involved?
Do you remember Matt Ryan played 95 games with us during the 90s?
Was talking to him while he was playing and he said "I owe the club everything" He fucking loved the club and I don't think he ever earned great money.
That is the attitude sorely lacking in our current bunch of overpriced underperforming shitbags.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a pretty big statement you've made there...would you like to explain exactly what you mean so you can clear it up?
Don't be so precious.
i'm saying we have a shit load of players taking their big pay cheques under fales pretences.
There are plenty to share the blame.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can confirm D-Voice is correct. Barba did contact the dogs. reason why they are undecided is because of the __________ problem he has.
Couldn’t give a shit if he snorts a ball before a game as long as he turns it on for us like 012 and doesn’t get done by a camera phone or come up positive on the Monday.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you remember Matt Ryan played 95 games with us during the 90s?
Was talking to him while he was playing and he said "I owe the club everything" He fucking loved the club and I don't think he ever earned great money.
That is the attitude sorely lacking in our current bunch of overpriced underperforming shitbags.
Of course I remember him bro, he played like he loved our club.

He ended up at NQLD didn't he?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course I remember him bro, he played like he loved our club.

He ended up at NQLD didn't he?
Yep last year of his career at NQld, only 8 games or there abouts with them.
Great player, champion bloke, LOVED THE MIGHTY CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS.
Hard to love the rabble we have become.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't be so precious.
i'm saying we have a shit load of players taking their big pay cheques under fales pretences.
There are plenty to share the blame.
Not being precious...I say again, it was a pretty big statement and alluded to a lot more than your above reply...which seems fair enough.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just one more thing on the Mbye situation, I just want to make it clear.

My argument based on The dogs not contributing to Mbye’s contract in 2019 and 2020 is purely and simply regarding to No cap allocation. That is, we are not contributing anything from our salary cap.

I’m not talking about a business who is pro bulldogs contributing a small amount to his salary next year, I don’t care about that. Which has nothing to do with affecting our buying power.

When I say we are not contributing anything towards Mbye’s salary next year, I’m talking about the $9.4m or whatever it is cap amount that’s been set for each club. This has not been affected in any way shape or form in regards to the release of Mbye. This is a big WIN for the club!!

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Andrew Hill said a few weeks back we won’t pay for players to play at other clubs...

If we are paying for Mbye then off with his head I say!

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just one more thing on the Mbye situation, I just want to make it clear.

My argument based on The dogs not contributing to Mbye’s contract in 2019 and 2020 is purely and simply regarding to No cap allocation. That is, we are not contributing anything from our salary cap.

I’m not talking about a business who is pro bulldogs contributing a small amount to his salary next year, I don’t care about that. Which has nothing to do with affecting our buying power.

When I say we are not contributing anything towards Mbye’s salary next year, I’m talking about the $9.4m or whatever it is cap amount that’s been set for each club. This has not been affected in any way shape or form in regards to the release of Mbye. This is a big WIN for the club!!
What I have heard from all the press so far supports this argument. There has been no mention by any reporter that we are paying anything from our cap for him once he leaves.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no inside word on this but from the outside looking in it is simply a situation that the Tigers offered a 4 year deal whilst he only had 2 years left on our deal. If the money is the same in years 3-4 then it makes sense that we are not chipping in. Mbye knew that there was a good chance we would not be resigning him in 2 years time and did the most sensible thing for him and his family. Good luck to him. But he shouldn't command that sort of money. Drifts in and out of games in every position he's ever played.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have no inside word on this but from the outside looking in it is simply a situation that the Tigers offered a 4 year deal whilst he only had 2 years left on our deal. If the money is the same in years 3-4 then it makes sense that we are not chipping in. Mbye knew that there was a good chance we would not be resigning him in 2 years time and did the most sensible thing for him and his family. Good luck to him. But he shouldn't command that sort of money. Drifts in and out of games in every position he's ever played.
Froggy you have too much common sense.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I have heard from all the press so far supports this argument. There has been no mention by any reporter that we are paying anything from our cap for him once he leaves.
Because we are not paying anyrthing. Maybe a third party sponsor, but definately not from our cap money.
Why can't some people handle the fact that our club for once is starting to win these deals.
Do they hate the new board, the new administration or maybe they can't stand Pay? Way, way, way too many hidden agendas.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because we are not paying anyrthing. Maybe a third party sponsor, but definately not from our cap money.
Why can't some people handle the fact that our club for once is starting to win these deals.
Do they hate the new board, the new administration or maybe they can't stand Pay? Way, way, way too many hidden agendas.
Yes, yes, and yes.

From an outsider looking in that is definitely what it looks like.

Malla

Reaction score
When he asked for that 'Des clause' in his contract we should have did a Fifita on him and pulled the deal lol

Malla

Reaction score
Further to that, I'll put money on him not playing out the full 4 years of his deal. He'll end up at the Titans in 2 years or in England. He's an exceptional athlete but a poor footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.