Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought you'd never ask. Here are other currently available alernatives:

Charnze-Nicoll Klonstad - GUN
Gideon Gela-Mosby - GUN
Caleb Aekins - Very good
Alexander Brimson - Not sure if he's available.
Nathan Davis - Decent fullback option with pace. Can be injury prone though.
Tyrone Phillips - May not want to return here.
Zac Santo - currently playing for Townsville Blackhawks
Watson Heleta
Jonus Pearson
Toby McIntosh
Tony Tumusa
Henare Wells - getting on a bit though at 25.

Our recruitment have missed out on the prized signatures of:
Brayden McGrady (gone to Panthers next season), and a gun fullback.
Corey Allan (gone to Souths for next 3 season), and a gun fullback.
Definitely agree with charnze-Nicoll

But we won’t be getting him,Meaney will go good Mr I and if he doesn’t then you Get the chocolates in this debate, an I will be happy to say you were correct :grinning:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We are finally looking ok for the future, remember our 2002 (I think this was the year and if so it was when we smashed Parra in Rd 1) we had guys like SBW, Thurston, Anasta and co, our side was 50-60% with new and young guys and the next few years we were a heavy weight club again .. fingers crossed this follows history but not too much as we don't want another SBW walk out lol but overall at least we are getting young guys and not over the hill players, hopefully these guys plays for the love of our jersey and not just the coin that pays them!
That was 2004

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought you'd never ask. Here are other currently available alernatives:

Charnze-Nicoll Klonstad - GUN
Gideon Gela-Mosby - GUN
Caleb Aekins - Very good
Alexander Brimson - Not sure if he's available.
Nathan Davis - Decent fullback option with pace. Can be injury prone though.
Tyrone Phillips - May not want to return here.
Zac Santo - currently playing for Townsville Blackhawks
Watson Heleta
Jonus Pearson
Toby McIntosh
Tony Tumusa
Henare Wells - getting on a bit though at 25.

Our recruitment have missed out on the prized signatures of:
Brayden McGrady (gone to Panthers next season), and a gun fullback.
Corey Allan (gone to Souths for next 3 season), and a gun fullback.
Yeah....nah most of those are career ISP plodders!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Being Anderson is doing the recruiting, I have a lot more faith the kids we bring in have potential.

Watched half of the knights ISP game last week. He didn't get a chance to do much but his positioning at FB and way he followed the play at least shows me this kid has more of an idea of how a FB should play than Mbye ever did so far this year.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not terribly glowing reviews from the Knights fans.

http://www.marathonstadium.com/threads/bulldogs-interested-in-nick-meaney.16401/#post-491810

Have watched all the televised games of NSW Cup last year, and most this year too (albeit he only played in two because he once again injured his ankle).

People are jerking their gherkins like this bloke is up there with Ponga and will be the saviour to the #1 jersey.

HE WON'T, and I'm happy to be quoted as saying so when he debuts and after a handful of games people are calling for him to be dumped and refer to him as a "dud", like everyones hate towards Montoya these days.

Everyone blew loads over Cleeland because he was the NSW Cup Player of the year.
Everyone blew loads because Lichaa was the Under 20s NSW hooker.

People need to be realistic... this bloke is average, and of the same ilk as Patrick Templeman, Brent Crisp, and Brett Lane.

If being realistic because I've seen the guy play before makes me "negative", then so be it, but honestly, he's just an average player.
So he’s no worse than MBye then but comes at a much lower price tag

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really that’s really surprising almost doesn’t make sense.
I read an article about the Tigers being keen a few days ago. I guess they were more keen on Mbye.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read an article about the Tigers being keen a few days ago. I guess they were more keen on Mbye.
I guess they are in win-now mode. Mbye is the more polished play at this stage in their careers.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The ink isn’t even dry on the contract and some people are already tearing him down give the kid a break ffs.Mate if you’re reading this forum (and I hope you’re not) welcome to the club I hope you smash it next year all the best!! If you are reading the kennel,stop now

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am still 50/50 on Pay as head coach.
He may prove his worth if he can keep bringing in the best young talent from his time as NSW U20 coach.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have not seen Meaney play but i do prefer recruitment of younger players with potential looking to make a name for themselves in FG instead of broken, overpaid mercenaries

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully he pans out as we haven't had much luck with the highly touted youngsters we've signed from other clubs.

I've heard about him for a while but haven't seen much of him to be honest. Regardless, he fits the profile of the type of player the club needs to sign to get us out of this mess so hopefully we strike gold on a few of these youngsters.

And Woods better not dig his heels in and be difficult about where we ship him off to. Just be happy any club is still willing to take you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.