Canterbury’s plight highlighted by the fortunes of Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not as bad as the hooker cycle. Let go of Ennis and then Cook to keep Liccha
That was the worst ever!!!!...Cook plays first grade and starts carving up because Lichaa is injured. We can't believe our luck, we've uncovered a top attacking number 9.
The most obvious thing to do, give cook what he wants and sign him up for three more years and play Lichaa in reserves. I don't believe in back ended contracts, but if you're going to do them you might as well make room for one more, a bloody star!
I mean how stupid was Des,Dib and Castle. Like WTF! It was so bloody obviously he had talent and he's playing in your colours, get the checkbook out. That upsetted me more than anything back then.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just think it could have been even worse if the 4 Mata'utia brothers didn't renege on those big dollar offers!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the worst ever!!!!...Cook plays first grade and starts carving up because Lichaa is injured. We can't believe our luck, we've uncovered a top attacking number 9.
The most obvious thing to do, give cook what he wants and sign him up for three more years and play Lichaa in reserves. I don't believe in back ended contracts, but if you're going to do them you might as well make room for one more, a bloody star!
I mean how stupid was Des,Dib and Castle. Like WTF! It was so bloody obviously he had talent and he's playing in your colours, get the checkbook out. That upsetted me more than anything back then.
And then in 2017 Des decides that Lichaa can no longer play. He leaves him on the bench for a fair chunk of games and then doesnt offer him another contract. But Lichaa actually played at the same standard in 2017 as he did in 2015 and 2016. So why did he let Cook go ???

He should have realised after 2015 that Lichaa was not the player he thought he was

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And then in 2017 Des decides that Lichaa can no longer play. He leaves him on the bench for a fair chunk of games and then doesnt offer him another contract. But Lichaa actually played at the same standard in 2017 as he did in 2015 and 2016. So why did he let Cook go ???

He should have realised after 2015 that Lichaa was not the player he thought he was
It was nuts. The way they hurt us fans with stupid, dumb, out of this world decisions is unforgivable.

Then the same board who gave Des all the power in the world and let things slide without stepping in until it was too late were trying to convince us the voting members why we should vote them back in.

Not a chance. They got what they deserved.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knew the moment Foran signed that it wasnt going to end well.......

At the end of the day, why are we surprised?

We had Munster, Watson, Latrell Mitchell, Tedesco, Mitchell Moses, James Roberts banging on the doors of Belmore and we slammed the doors in their faces.

We also showed the current Blues hooker the door.

5 out of 7 will be playing Origin next Wednesday night

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knew the moment Foran signed that it wasnt going to end well.......

At the end of the day, why are we surprised?

We had Munster, Watson, Latrell Mitchell, Tedesco, Mitchell Moses, James Roberts banging on the doors of Belmore and we slammed the doors in their faces.

We also showed the current Blues hooker the door.

5 out of 7 will be playing Origin next Wednesday night

You have just sent me into fucken depression

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love it how every jurno is a salary cap expert these days and how they know the inner working of our club and precisely how much each player is contracted for.
I can tell you the figure is correct.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to get rid of him asap. Next year he's on $1.1m and the year after that he's on $1.2m.
Foran was all packed and ready to come for $500k a season. Ayoub squeezed out double that per year...and Dib fell for it, hook, line and sinker.
Absolutely spot on. Dib was trying to survive and needed to land someone but he paid twice what the player would have taken.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's @Trafford10 to shoot down these claims that Foran was signed on the cheap for $650k which is 600k too much for that Manly imposter.

Fuck you Ray Dib, Fuck you
This Floporan lover was absolutely laying into me last year when i said we signed a million dollar flog

There is not 1 player at the dogs who wanted this flop at our club.

We will lose more players because of this imposter

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was nuts. The way they hurt us fans with stupid, dumb, out of this world decisions is unforgivable.

Then the same board who gave Des all the power in the world and let things slide without stepping in until it was too late were trying to convince us the voting members why we should vote them back in.

Not a chance. They got what they deserved.
Cook scored a try at the end of 2015 in Newcastle when he burst through line and went straight past their fullback (similar to the one he scored against the Cowboys the other week). No other hooker in the game can score those tries. To not sign him up after that was criminal

Same applies to Michael Macguire for picking Robbie Farah over him

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let go of Thurston to keep annasta only to have annasta leave too.

All over again..
To be fair, Anasta was a State of Origin player and Thurston was a youngster who displayed questionable behaviour over a number of years.

Hindsight 13 years down the track is a wonderful thing.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Des must have said to Foran, come over, these guys are giving away money. I’ll get you a good deal to set you up for life. So depressing!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Where's @Trafford10 to shoot down these claims that Foran was signed on the cheap for $650k which is 600k too much for that Manly imposter.

The original reports on Foran's contract was $2.4 million over 3 years including incentives for number of games played etc etc.
Who knows where the truth lies.
I was a big supporter of signing Foran but he is clearly busted and getting worse each week.
Gamble looks like a fail.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

The original reports on Foran's contract was $2.4 million over 3 years including incentives for number of games played etc etc.
Who knows where the truth lies.
I was a big supporter of signing Foran but he is clearly busted and getting worse each week.
Gamble looks like a fail.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
$1m for Foran..honestly that's just messed up. How many different kinds of drugs would you need to be on for this to make any kind of sense.
1.2mil in 2020. By then he won’t be able to walk let alone run. Go getem SuperCoach Dessie. The 1.5 million dollar coach. F U!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I personally had a reply email from Auntie telling me we couldn't find the extra $50,000 in our sc to cover what Cook wanted to stay....joke!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cook scored a try at the end of 2015 in Newcastle when he burst through line and went straight past their fullback (similar to the one he scored against the Cowboys the other week). No other hooker in the game can score those tries. To not sign him up after that was criminal

Same applies to Michael Macguire for picking Robbie Farah over him
I was there that day watching at Newcastle. Cook saved me a lot of embarrassment as we nearly were beaten by the 3 time wooden spooners. I couldn’t believe it when we didn’t resign him. Fuck me reading some of the talent we have said no too is so sad. I fucking hate Des and dib

Status
Not open for further replies.