Benefits of an early release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Mbye was to be released in the coming weeks and the tigpies were to foot the whole bill for the remainder of this season, would it benefit us?

Im not sure if it works this way but could someone clarify?

*figures are only estimates!

Mbye is on 800k this year and we are halfway through the year, he is still to earn 400k. If tigers take him now and foot the 400k, we have 400k available till november this year?

*club wants to get rid of Tolman.

Years 19 & 20 he is on 600k per year. We use that 400k available now to frontload his 2019 salary, meaning 2019 he is owed 200k and 600k for 2020. Total of 800k over 2 years remaining meaning he would be available for 400k per year? 400k per year for 2 years would be more appealing to potential clubs?

If it was to work out that way than we have approx 1.3m cap space available for 19 & 20? 600k from Tolman and 700k from Mbye (200k dogs still fork out has been included)

Thoughts?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I had a similar idea the other week. And on top of front loading Tolman contract, if we manage to get Sharon off our books then we should front load Klemmers contract (keep him though) but it would help if he was down to about 500k a year instead of the 750k he is not now.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds good but wouldnt have a clue if its applicable

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets weaken our depth so we get flogged, whats the point?
Who is the mythical 2019 fullback?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are referring to Nick Meaney from Newcastle. This is the type of player we need to be going for in our current position.

From what I have seen he looks good with a lot of upside.

We need a broom through the joint. With cheaper (potential) player options like this.

Forget anyone that already has a name!

People need to be patient though. We have a couple of tough years of a re-build.

We still haven’t hit the bottom yet. This needs to happen quicker so the building can start.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets weaken our depth so we get flogged, whats the point?
Do you ever think through your replies before you post?

What difference does it make if Mbye stays for the remainder of the year or not? If anything, releasing him now, if Tigers are willing to pay the remainder of his 2018 salary is a massive bonus as we can frontload another players 2019 salary now!

If we were to lose a player such as Tolman how the fuck is that weakening our depth if another club foots his whole contract?

The OP just gave a hypothetical theory, but if it was to work that way, we would have $1.3m available in 2019 & 2020, so we could chase almost 3 quality players to replace a Tolman and Mbye who is already gone.

What in Gods name is wrong with you?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What annoys me is 2 years ago afer many many months of negotiatios, where Mbye's management stalled over and over. Dotting this (I)s and crossing the tees. Aligning all the stars in the galaxy and making sure his ball sacks where in perfect symmetry. He finally signed and squeezed us merciless.
The Tigers table an offer out of nowhere and in 5 min he's jumped ship.
I'm happy to see the back of him now.
His only attribute is speed and he's shown this off the field as well by the speed hes made his mind up.
I'm sorry but I never saw any bulldog passion in him . He'll dissapoint at the Tigers as well but it will not be our problem. Thank you to West Tigers for helping us start the cleansing process.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only thing I would add to this is that we would need to replace Mbye with another player to make up the 30.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taane Milne is waiting for nrl clearance
Their slowness and incompetence is mind boggling

There are enough players running around in reserve grade that are of genuine fg quality that we could pick up on the cheap and make a name for themselves.

I’ve watched heaps of nsw cup this year on 9 and fox and there can be some astute signings if we are diliigent in recruitment.

For one Penrith reserve grade side is full of fg quality players. Nzld warriors have some talent running around theirs too. That’s just a start. I also like jai field from the drahqueens, can play half and fullback and is electric quick.

Hope the Katoa signing is true and Milne gets cleared by the nrl.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

There are enough players running around in reserve grade that are of genuine fg quality that we could pick up on the cheap and make a name for themselves.

I’ve watched heaps of nsw cup this year on 9 and fox and there can be some astute signings if we are diliigent in recruitment.

For one Penrith reserve grade side is full of fg quality players. Nzld warriors have some talent running around theirs too. That’s just a start. I also like jai field from the drahqueens, can play half and fullback and is electric quick.

Sharks Katoa? Did say he should be our number 1 target right now.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Tigers are going to foot the remainder of Mbyes salary for 2018 than we should do it.

Our next target should be to fuck Foran off.

Foran was the first player who should of been shopped around. Frankenstein has better maneuverability than this fraudulent Manly imposter.

Not even the whackos out there could explain how the kennel puts Mbye & Woods on the "out" list before Foran

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What annoys me is 2 years ago afer many many months of negotiatios, where Mbye's management stalled over and over. Dotting this (I)s and crossing the tees. Aligning all the stars in the galaxy and making sure his ball sacks where in perfect symmetry. He finally signed and squeezed us merciless.
His only attribute is speed and he's shown this off the field as well by the speed hes made his mind up.
I'm sorry but I never saw any bulldog passion in him . He'll dissapoint at the Tigers as well but it will not be our problem. Thank you to West Tigers for helping us start the cleansing process.
Fk that right he dragged his feet in 2016

Fk him off now

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The other thing is why just look in the NSW & QLD Cup competitions? Look at the hooker that the Raiders found in the ESL. There are quality players out there who with reliable decent scouting could turn into gold. England, New Zealand, Fiji, PNG, South Africa think outside the box & talk to people. Get players on the cheap & if they don't work out, no harm done, but if they do, you beauty!

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guy is a business, no heart , no passion , wish he left at the time you refer to and we kept some bulldogs players that loved the joint .

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Backending could work if we have a 2nd company.. we declare bankrupcy when needed to get out of paying contracts & have our phoenix company rise up when that happens

There is a builder in Bankstown that is an expert in this field

Status
Not open for further replies.