Status
Not open for further replies.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought of this...
Hasler might have had an agreement with all these overpaid flops,
The scenario...He would pay them overs in return he gets a cut out of it ???
Otherwise he is an absolute f..ked up coach/manager !
In my opinion...any thing is possible these days !!!
Can you please not use bold font for your future posts?
Thanks buddy.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye called into the Qld camp. I hope we don’t end up regretting letting him go.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye called into the Qld camp. I hope we don’t end up regretting letting him go.
I dont think we will regret it. Has played 4 years of 1st grade so we know what he can do. Good player but not an elite player and he is on elite player money.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think we will regret it. Has played 4 years of 1st grade so we know what he can do. Good player but not an elite player and he is on elite player money.
I think we just don’t agree on the price tag. If he was on half of what he is on. We would be content.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol at Mbye in the QLD side.

Seriously, how does Ponga not get a look in?
I'd say he has only be called in because of his utility value and can play hooker if they have an injury.

Mbye is a jack of all trades, master of none.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the life of me I can’t comprehend how a club is forced to lose one of the best players, some might say the best.
What a fucking mess those 3 stooges Hasler Dib & Castle left the club in.
Mbye is a gun & not surprisingly was chosen as a shadow player for QLD.
I can’t see Canterbury challenging for the finals for at least the next 3 years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Of course we will.....this place is a ship of fools....we will regret it.....just a matter of how long until people who are celebrating now turn on the club and blame it for this approach.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
For the life of me I can’t comprehend how a club is forced to lose one of the best players, some might say the best.
I can’t see Canterbury challenging for the finals for at least the next 3 years.
Ssshhhh.....stop talking common sense. Everyone here thinks he's crap and lazy and this is a good thing for us * rolls eyes

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'd say he has only be called in because of his utility value and can play hooker if they have an injury.

Mbye is a jack of all trades, master of none.
maybe he was called in because he's a quality talent and you folks don't know your arses from your elbows ;)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol at Mbye in the QLD side.

Seriously, how does Ponga not get a look in?
Probably because Mbye offers more utility value.....better option at hooker if needed. Ponga will get a look in as starting fullback next year. Actually, it appears he's just being called up to take part in training drills.....no wonder the Knights didn't want to release Ponga for that. Still a good prospect whom we will regret letting go.
He has talent but not $900k worth of talent. He’s had close to 100 games and rarely dominated a game.
Better off being overpaid by us than paid to play elsewhere by us....that's just common sense. He's a very good talent who has been impeded by counter intuitive coaching structures. We'll regret this. not a matter of if, but when IMO.....

The previous administration royally fucked us and I really don't see why people are celebrating this news. It's a reflection of just how bad our position is, right now.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For years We put up with his shit at 1/2 , 5/8 and hooker and now he might succeed at fullback he's out...
Successful or not To hell with him !!!
With his money we should able to get someone better.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A gun? Which game(s) has he absolutely dominated in? I can't remember one. I agree with most of the other stuff though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Better off being overpaid by us than paid to play elsewhere by us....that's just common sense. He's a very good talent who has been impeded by counter intuitive coaching structures. We'll regret this. not a matter of if, but when IMO.....

The previous administration royally fucked us and I really don't see why people are celebrating this news. It's a reflection of just how bad our position is, right now.
Mbye is a victim of circumstances he’s overpaid when we can’t afford to overpay anyone. I would have liked to keep him but he’s gone and of course it’s possible it could come back to bite us but Moses has just as many negatives as positives. Playing so many positions has ruined his development because he still hasn’t cemented a position. He’s looked good running the ball at fullback but still has lots of things to fix.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon you have it right. I watch him looking to offload, and no-one is there to take the pass. Other clubs have two or three players sweating on a pass, and supporting every break. Foran has punched through the defence a number of times and found he's the only one willing to run with the ball. It is a hangover from the Hasler days when everyone played to a formula, and only did what they were instructed to do. When a try was on, they simply said - "not my job to back up; I just do the settler and hand the ball over on the fifth tackle".
Your spot on mate
I have seen both Foran and woods on numerous occasions making a
Half break at the line with the ball in hand looking around and
not a support player in sight
It’s disgraceful

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now we all wish that Fifita deal fell into place. But that fat speed hump Castle messed that up didn't she?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mbye is a victim of circumstances he’s overpaid when we can’t afford to overpay anyone. I would have liked to keep him but he’s gone and of course it’s possible it could come back to bite us but Moses has just as many negatives as positives. Playing so many positions has ruined his development because he still hasn’t cemented a position. He’s looked good running the ball at fullback but still has lots of things to fix.
And he will.....he's been playing first grade fullback for less than half a season. I understand why it's happened. I don't agree with the move if we're paying a large chunk of his contract, but I am aware of the reasoning behind it. What I don't agree with is the people who are celebrating the news. The club is NOT in a good place and Mbye's departure so soon after signing a new deal (regardless of what people think of that deal) is proof of that. I get it's partly anger at Mbye.....but that anger is misplaced and should be aimed at the previous admin IMO.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And he will.....he's been playing first grade fullback for less than half a season. I understand why it's happened. I don't agree with the move if we're paying a large chunk of his contract, but I am aware of the reasoning behind it. What I don't agree with is the people who are celebrating the news. The club is NOT in a good place and Mbye's departure so soon after signing a new deal (regardless of what people think of that deal) is proof of that. I get it's partly anger at Mbye.....but that anger is misplaced and should be aimed at the previous admin IMO.
He might make it as a fullback or centre eventually because he does look good when he runs the ball. He will end up a decent player but he won’t be a superstar. I don’t think we are paying much freight on him and it will probably be easier to understand once we see the squad for next year. I don’t get the hate either the Tigers wanted Moses and the club said they would listen to offers good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.