Have we now got $1.2M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I can see happening. Signing the twins on a 1 year deal. Retaining the likes of Martin, Lewis & Woodford.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. We are paying a small amount of mbyes contract 2019 and 2020. Those who tell you otherwise have no solid info.

2. No to corey Norman. The bloke is a black hole off the field. Will bring players down around him.

3. I hope woods goes and we sign moz bros for a year. We still need some leadership
The only info I had was that the CEO and chairman said they wouldnt be paying any of the freight for players to other clubs moving forward. Are you saying they have went against this promise already ?

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Management said they would no longer be paying any freight to other clubs for players still on contract. Mbye would have earned $900k at the dogs for the next 2 years but he chose to go to the tigers for the next 4 years at $750k (thats what was reported). So he forfeited a bit for the next 2 years in order to get a longer deal. Realistically I think its a decent move from management. He aint worth $750k and he definitely aint worth $900k. We desperately need a half back. I have been watching Cogger lately and he is not the answer. Our kicking game has been rubbish for years and his kicking is the worst part of his game. I was listening to Sezer on the BSB this morning and he isnt signed up for next year. Surely we will try to get him back using the money freed up
Sezer would be awesome! I've been hearing we are seriously looking at signing him!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only info I had was that the CEO and chairman said they wouldnt be paying any of the freight for players to other clubs moving forward. Are you saying they have went against this promise already ?
In a nut shell yes. Its only a small amout. But yes they are definitely paying. I dont care if they are tbh. I still think its a good move financially

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is that he asked for a release from the final 2 years of his contract so he could sign a 4 year contract with the tigers. The dogs are not paying any of his contract for next year
I can confirm this is very true.

The board, coach and ceo are doing very well. People may not see this now, but in a few years time we're gonna be very strong

Qdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fuck im glad this prick is gone, so full of him self for some reason he needs to go and have a look at some video's of him self and see he's a useless c**t !!!!!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can confirm this is very true.

The board, coach and ceo are doing very well. People may not see this now, but in a few years time we're gonna be very strong
No. We are paying 2019 and 2020. A small amount.

But yes i agree. The board, coach and CEO are doing a good job sorting this cap mess out.

The aim is to have a solid roster 2020 with only two players being paid less than 20% of their original contracts (mbye and potentially woods)

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a nut shell yes. Its only a small amout. But yes they are definitely paying. I dont care if they are tbh. I still think its a good move financially
Yes i agree

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just throw whatever is left in the bank at Gela Mosby. WE NEED SPEED. we have lacked it for so long
I think there’s some stuff with GGM which will keep him from becoming anything of note.

Nothing bad but I think head stuff and it might mean he stays up in North QLD playing QCup so he can stay around family. I vaguely remember reading about something. Could be very wrong also.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Problem might be will Mozz's bodies last 2 years? Its not about thier playing ability which nobody doubts, its about their age and body condition. Particulary Josh's knees (or lack thereof). I would take it year by year. I think they have 1 more year in them for now.
2 year contract, 2nd year in clubs favour

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Austin = Josh Reynolds 2.0
If we sign Austin I’m done. Biggest dud with the Reynolds run sideways technique, if it’s anyone we should go for it’s siezer, was always looking to come back but des didn’t want him. He was always a bulldog through and through !

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would anyone want Corey Norman. I am not a big fan but he is an option:

PARRAMATTA playmaker Corey Norman is on thin ice at the Eels after being issued with a $20,000 breach notice for drinking while he was on the club’s injured list.
The Eels and Norman could be headed for a split with Fox Sports learning Parramatta has been shopping the talented playmaker to rival NRL clubs.

Norman, 27, is signed with the Eels for the remainder of this season and next year but it appears Parramatta may be looking to squeeze him out.

The Eels star was one of the club’s best players last year on the blue and gold charge into September.

reported by James Hooper
I originally misread it to say Corey Norman on ice! Not far off I guess.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we sign Austin I’m done. Biggest dud with the Reynolds run sideways technique, if it’s anyone we should go for it’s siezer, was always looking to come back but des didn’t want him. He was always a bulldog through and through !
Austin is a poor mans Reynolds with a bigger boot.

Wouldn’t feed him let alone pay him.

If we are after an average half at least have a crack at a goal kicking organiser in Mason Lino.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Carney is 32 with shot hammies and hasn’t played a NRL game in years there’s no upside to signing him.
Dumbest thing ever... What sign him for a yr? OUR SEASON IS OVER! START BUILDING!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of young talent out there... Start raiding everyone.

We have the perfect coach for the situation we are in considering Pay has watched the best of juniors coming through for the last 5 yrs. I'm very excited about what is to come.

Last edited:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is parcell that young hooker who played for manly two years ago then left?

Status
Not open for further replies.