Have we now got $1.2M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, how much are the Dogs forking out on Mbye for the next two seasons?

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely looking at our squad means the following would be astute purchases.
Hastings (cheap,talented and goal kicker)
Jai field (talented and stuck in reserves)
Rhys Martin
Gela mosby ( fastest thing out there and stuck in reserves)
Matt parcel ( wouldn’t be cheap but not pricey) has definitely proven he is a good hooker at nrl level.
As for fullback who knows
Agree with all of these besides Hastings (don't want his character around the club).

All the other guys are seriously talented. Especially Matt Parcell. Don't know why he hasn't been snapped up by an NRL club but he's lightning quick, darts out of dummy half has good service and can defend well enough.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would anyone want Corey Norman. I am not a big fan but he is an option:

PARRAMATTA playmaker Corey Norman is on thin ice at the Eels after being issued with a $20,000 breach notice for drinking while he was on the club’s injured list.
The Eels and Norman could be headed for a split with Fox Sports learning Parramatta has been shopping the talented playmaker to rival NRL clubs.

Norman, 27, is signed with the Eels for the remainder of this season and next year but it appears Parramatta may be looking to squeeze him out.

The Eels star was one of the club’s best players last year on the blue and gold charge into September.

reported by James Hooper

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree with all of these besides Hastings (don't want his character around the club).

All the other guys are seriously talented. Especially Matt Parcell. Don't know why he hasn't been snapped up by an NRL club but he's lightning quick, darts out of dummy half has good service and can defend well enough.
I’m thinking Hastings would knuckle down seeing as it’s his last chance to make it in the nrl. He also spent ALOT of time at fullback even representing Australia in the under 20s at 1.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m thinking Hastings would knuckle down seeing as it’s his last chance to make it in the nrl. He also spent ALOT of time at fullback even representing Australia in the under 20s at 1.
I like hastings the only question is would he play for peanuts??? As I believe we should be front loading contracts.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just throw whatever is left in the bank at Gela Mosby. WE NEED SPEED. we have lacked it for so long

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Albert kelly for 6
Id take Nathaniel roache for 9 over any hooker currently available, best young player ive seen in years.
Those two would be a great start.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i'm done trying to calculate what our cap is. we were supposibly OK once we released graham
For this year. Next year some back ended deals were paying more than this year

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, how much are the Dogs forking out on Mbye for the next two seasons?
My understanding is that he asked for a release from the final 2 years of his contract so he could sign a 4 year contract with the tigers. The dogs are not paying any of his contract for next year

Last edited:
Reactions: Izy

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Albert kelly for 6
Id take Nathaniel roache for 9 over any hooker currently available, best young player ive seen in years.
Those two would be a great start.
I like Roache but I don't think he's off contract until end of 2020

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Re-sign the twins for 1 more season, obviously not on massive contracts.
Agree with you but i would sign them for two years. They hate losing games they have been our best this year. Use them with jackson and klemmer as our experienced and senior players bring in some young players on low $$$ contracts by the time the twins contract is up with the cash we have we then have experienced young players and money and plenty of room in our cap for a couple of markee players. Will take a couple of years before we are really competitive again no short fix unfortunately.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that he asked for a release from the final 2 years of his contract so he could sign a 4 year contract with the tigers. The dogs are not paying of his contract for next year
I hope not!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree with you but i would sign them for two years. They hate losing games they have been our best this year. Use them with jackson and klemmer as our experienced and senior players bring in some young players on low $$$ contracts by the time the twins contract is up with the cash we have we then have experienced young players and money and plenty of room in our cap for a couple of markee players. Will take a couple of years before we are really competitive again no short fix unfortunately.
Problem might be will Mozz's bodies last 2 years? Its not about thier playing ability which nobody doubts, its about their age and body condition. Particulary Josh's knees (or lack thereof). I would take it year by year. I think they have 1 more year in them for now.

Last edited:

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like hastings the only question is would he play for peanuts??? As I believe we should be front loading contracts.
We could only hope but even if it took $150k I guarantee he’s better than every half at the club now

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope not!
Management said they would no longer be paying any freight to other clubs for players still on contract. Mbye would have earned $900k at the dogs for the next 2 years but he chose to go to the tigers for the next 4 years at $750k (thats what was reported). So he forfeited a bit for the next 2 years in order to get a longer deal. Realistically I think its a decent move from management. He aint worth $750k and he definitely aint worth $900k. We desperately need a half back. I have been watching Cogger lately and he is not the answer. Our kicking game has been rubbish for years and his kicking is the worst part of his game. I was listening to Sezer on the BSB this morning and he isnt signed up for next year. Surely we will try to get him back using the money freed up

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem might be will Mozz's bodies last 2 years? Its not about thier playing ability which nobody doubts, its about their age and body condition. Particulary Josh's knees (or lack thereof)
Understand but thats a gamble we should take just for there leadership. Our position as u know is not an easy one. Everyone is talking about signing players who are not popular for some reason or another. What we have is a wound which requires 50 stitches putting a bandaid on it means it will never heal. We need a clean out which i feel they have started to keep mentioned players and build a team of youngsters around them. Then we can be competitve again everything else is just going to leed to disappointment. Personally ive had three years of it but happy to wait if we are rebuilding

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. We are paying a small amount of mbyes contract 2019 and 2020. Those who tell you otherwise have no solid info.

2. No to corey Norman. The bloke is a black hole off the field. Will bring players down around him.

3. I hope woods goes and we sign moz bros for a year. We still need some leadership

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Blake Austin is looking for a new club and seized I believe is still unsigned for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.