Cutting players loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Tigers take Mbye in the next week and pay for the remainder of his 2018 salary thats like 6 months worth? (Im guessing contracts end around Nov each year?)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Id like Brain Kelly to even though he's established
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Tuala
4. Kelly
5. Gela-Mosby
looks pretty decent with some question marks on the 1
Kelly is joining the Tigers lol

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nathan Meaney
Hayze parham

Both young talented fullbacks
One from newc and one from nzld

I’d sign both asap

Tolman or woods to sharks is the next tip
Tell me that’s a rumour too

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh Aloiai Is also on the market
Good solid player to add to pack

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You guys already tried and failed :grinning: but you can have his boy friend Sharon for a cool bargain basement price of $1 million we will even gift wrap him free of charge.
What about we swap Sharon for Timmy?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Now that Mbye is gone and Woods is on the market lets stick to our youth policy and try front loading some of the backended contracts. The sooner we get rid of the backended deals the sooner we will be on a level playing field cap wise.
Agree, circle the wagons.
Stick with what we have and bring on young talent & juniors.
Clear the decks in terms of back ended contracts.
Tell player managers to fuck off.
No "marquee signings" until all the overpriced bludgers are out of the club.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We just need to convince the NRL to introduce another team then we'll offload all our overpriced players to that other team. Also, we'll be secretly running the other team and we'll hire Des as the coach. Then when the team goes belly up, no one will care.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Max King from the Titans is off contract and I have liked what I have seen so far and would be in our price range.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that Mbye is gone and Woods is on the market lets stick to our youth policy and try front loading some of the backended contracts. The sooner we get rid of the backended deals the sooner we will be on a level playing field cap wise.
Agreed. Lets not kid ourselves. Its time to concentrate on youth, getting the best prospects who may grow into NRL standard in say 2 to 3 years time. No use paying overs to secure a big name for next year, as we wont be competitive next year.

It also concerns me much of the team havent appeared to have bought into Pay. Only time will tell as to whether or not Deano can bring out the best in each players potential, If not our lean years may number 4/5 or 6 if the Board stick with Pay and the experiment fails.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way things are going with players leaving and what we are signing we are going to be in massive trouble for a lot more than 3 years.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are currently in the position Newcastle found themselves in 3 or 4 years ago that they are only now recovering from. Dib gambled on winning a premiership or 2 in the last 5 years which would make the current pain worth it. But no one cares who finished in 2nd place and we are in this position with nothing to show for it.

We are going to focus on signing young players and building a team from the ground up

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are Cerruto or Bergamin any good?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly my concern.. and there's very little capable players available. If we want quality we'll be paying similar coin to Mbye, except we have $200-$300k less in our cap for two years because we are paying his way.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.... we could have had Tedesco or RTS instead of Mbye.

Heck dare I say Hayne is on offer for $500k next season apparently.
I like the idea but he is to in consistent / big headed. Hasn’t done anything since the year he left and before that he was terrible between 2009- to then

Status
Not open for further replies.