Current Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"If you want Moses Mbye, and if you Moses want to leave, then the contract between you and the Bulldogs is mutually terminated, and Tigers can pick you up on the open market for whatever the deem suitable.

End Result: Dogs free up $1 million of their cap to spend.
Current Result: Dogs throw away $300k or whatever from their cap to pay for Mbye, and only free up $700k.

It almost feels like board members are selling off our players behind the coaches back.
Great idea but nobody is going to pay $1 million for him as he isn’t worth it!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can we be so screwed with the cap?
Our roster is terrible.
We are clearly paying way overs for a lot of the squad.
To hazard a guess......knowing that his days were numbered Des went all out to screw the club and our cap over as much as he possibly could.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So people are happy the board is reducing our spendable cap by forking out money for our players to play against us?

That doesn't fill a hole, it just digs it deeper.

I'd rather Mbye, Woods, Lichaa, and anyone else we are shipping off have their entire contracts paid by another side. Not forking out for a percentage of their cap, whilst we try to replace them on a reduced cap.

Other sides must piss themselves laughing at us. We will have over a million of our cap spent paying players not at the club for the next few seasons the way it is going.
It’s got to be done. We need to filter the shit out of our club, then after we filter all the shit out we then need to disinfect the whole place so there is no trace of Hasler’s nose hairs or Castles wig hairs anywhere in the club. Then we can move forward!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To hazard a guess......knowing that his days were numbered Des went all out to screw the club and our cap over as much as he possibly could.
...I think there’s some truth to that, he signed Tolman til 2020. No offense to Tolman as I actually like the guy but 2020?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is just fucking ridiculous the position the club has puy itself in.
Have to now development young talent and bring them through.
The club used to be great at it.
Well hard lesson learned you never give anyone the keys to the kingdom or in this case an open checkbook and a rubber stamp.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you bothered reading the statement from the club rather than trying to have an agenda against the board you'd see that Mbye sought a release. We won't be paying him a dime if he sought to leave his contract.
I think it may be a full release. Think about it, he probably took a pay cut with the tigers to get a contract which covers him up till the end of 2022, where as he was only contracted with us till the end of 2020.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alright then come up with another viable alternative.....you’ll be there a while because there’s not one unless you’re willing to run with this roster until the end of 2020.
More Agenda driven commentary from the exalted one.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"If you want Moses Mbye, and if you Moses want to leave, then the contract between you and the Bulldogs is mutually terminated, and Tigers can pick you up on the open market for whatever the deem suitable.

End Result: Dogs free up $1 million of their cap to spend.
Current Result: Dogs throw away $300k or whatever from their cap to pay for Mbye, and only free up $700k.

It almost feels like board members are selling off our players behind the coaches back.
You are a muppet

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly i dont knkw what some of you think.
The salary cap is fucked as stated. We need to free cap space to retain some players and get some new ones in. If rumours are true and we get Hipgrave and Parcell id be happy. Bergamin can start as our fullback and lewis into halves.
Its our old boards fault and des for signing Mbye to this heavily backended deal. If hes on 1.2m next year hes not even worth half of it. I know they said we wouldnt be paying players to play elsewhere but if the tigers pay 900k and we have that to get more players so be it.
Fuck paying 1.2m for Mbye. Mr I you have an agenda against everyone at the dogs, if your so great gonout and do some courses and run for board member. You have been negative on everything ever since your bum chum des got sacked. I still remember your posts about how des wont get sacked.
We have to get out of this mess somehow and paying players ridiculous money is not going to help unless its smith cronk or thurston in their prime
What posts about the board....they mysteriously disappeared after his beloved Dib got sacked....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mr I, seriously, how can you possibly be so prejudiced with your postings on here when the evidence of the mismanagement by Dib/Des/Castle and Board is so evident. I am at a loss that you can still be holding onto this vitriol..it's unfair and detrimental to the Club progressing. Please sit down and fairly evaluate the situation. The current Board have no alternative but to handle the situation in this way. I'm requesting you face the reality of the present situation that the club has been left in, for all our sakes (and sanity :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.