Are we paying anything for Moses Mbye to play elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how many players contracts are paying part of??
Mybe?
Graham
Kasiano
Brenko lee
These are dark days... As bad as salary cap scandal and coffs harbour rape allegations??
So frigging depressing.
Surely whoever is responsible can and should be named and shamed... Des, raelene or dibb... Or a combination. FFS!!!!!!!
Kasiano,graham,Brenko lee,all finish this year,frees up,another $900

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
On the Dogs website Andrew Hill stats that he asked for a release so does this mean we do not have to pay any money of his contract next year? That will be interesting.
I applaud the management at the dogs this is a good move. Even if we pay a bit this helps our cap. Moses is a loser. Been like this for a while unfortunately has a defeatest attitude and to use to losing accepts it to easily. Spreading through the team now. Had talent but not for us. Now that his gone few more to go and we can get on with it

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was on radio this afternoon,tigers paying $700k of $900k contract,for next year only,I think good result for us,I don’t dislike Moses the person but he really has underperformed,at our club
I would piss him off for the remainder of the year for that $200k and call it square so we don't loose it out of our cap next year.
As there is more than half the season left & they are in finals contention, 200k would be a bargain for them.
As they have space in their cap this year, they could then pay 200K to him this year so he only takes 700k out of their cap for next year.

DONT PAY HIM A CENT NEXT YEAR - 0 dollars out of our cap for next year.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The second he was gifted a big money contract based on the potential for him to be good, that potential went down the tube, because in all honesty Mbye seems not to give a shit about anything. He is something of a passenger. If he has a good game thats a circumstantial thing. If he has a shit game thats also circumstantial. If he had the desire to be among the best players in the game he could be among those origin hopefuls. As it stands he's occasionally an exciting player if the ball bounces right for him.

Agreed about the cancer being cut. The sad thing is that either he's delusional enough to think he's actually a big contributer, or he's just a better self promoter than a footballer. Either way his departure from the club means that we're one step closer to building a squad that will try to compete.

What Reynolds lacked in talent he more than made up for in his desire to win for us. Mbye pretty much achieved all his goals in the game when we started paying him like an established star. He never had to become an established star and now that he's leaving for marquee money he will never have to establish himself as a star.

If we find three or four players that have a desire to be stars and win games at least one of them will probably make up for a gifted athlete who only wants to take the field and fulfil his contractual obligations while not breaking a sweat.

I got the impression from what he said that we weren't actively shopping players around, but we probbly informed some of them that if they were able to negotiate deals that would allow us to piss them off without it costing us an arm and a leg we would not stand in their way.

Regardless of whether Hills statement was entirely bullshit, It's just my opinion that Mbye will coast through every season bar the one when his contract expires and do the bare minimum. Even if we're paying some of his contract out, this is a good result for the club if it means we can pick up a slightly more talented group of youngsters than $100k would buy that actually want to play good football. As far as I can see Mbye was only ever keen to make good money. If he was capable of making the same type of money for knitting, he'd be sitting next to a fire with a ball of wool right now.
Alan re Reynolds I take your point but let's not forget he followed the money. Re Moses, well I agree he had the tools to become a star but he was no star he was more like a super nova sucking our cap dry with every increase. 'll be happy to see the back of him!!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there is a deal being sounded out so that he goes before the next round we play.....anything is possible with these shinanigans
Will be announced on Friday mate

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Andrew Hill ... another lieing full of shit CEO.... Wonderful.

Can't one of these slimey ***** actually just speak honestly??
You and your fucking agenda. Hill did not lie. You have no fucking clue you muppet. He said they weren't shopping the players around. He never said they wouldn't consider offers for players if they were approached by other clubs.

Hill didn't cause this rubbish. He's one of the people who are trying to dig us out of this mess that your love child created.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wtf are you talking about mate.

Do not infer what any of these guys say. Take it literally. We said that we were open to discussions but aren’t actively shopping. Tigers came along we listened and a deal was made.
Hes off on his agenda driven rant...again.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Hill ... another lieing full of shit CEO.... Wonderful.

Can't one of these slimey ***** actually just speak honestly??
What's Hill supposed to say. C'mon down! Yes we'll release him and pay a fair chunk of his contract. You don't go into negotiations offering more than what you need to which Hill has done

So if the story is true and we are paying $200k next year only and nothing beyond then we've come out of that one on top.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alan re Reynolds I take your point but let's not forget he followed the money. Re Moses, well I agree he had the tools to become a star but he was no star he was more like a super nova sucking our cap dry with every increase. 'll be happy to see the back of him!!!
I honestly can't blame him for looking after himself financially. If somebody offered me $200,000 a year to support Parramatta, the Roosters or any team other than the Bulldogs my heart might not be in it but my wallet would be in it all day. At any stage he could cop a career ending injury, so he made one of the smartest decisions possible. I honestly miss his enthusiasm on game day, but don't begrudge him earning good money towards the end of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.