Regardless of our issues, we should still be doing a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't live on past reputation. Those players might have been rep level, doesn't mean anything if they're past it (Eg Eastwood).

Also barring Klemmer and Jacko I doubt you'd find an Nrl club willing to take on any of the others listed.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no reason why our current roster is going worse than last year .. no injuries only Tolman to boot

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And only 1 of them is a current rep player. None of the others would be selected now.

Biggest issue now is the same issue we have had for a while, but worse this year. NO HALVES. This year one is playing broken. Frawley may go ok if we had a controller in the halves. Someone like Maloney/Pearce/Hunt. But Foran is shot. Frawley cannot steer the side around. As per recent years, we have 2 running halves and no fkn organiser. A good half will put people in holes, and spot weaknesses in defences and shift it that way, and will score a try a match with kicks.

The difference a great half would make to our side would be ridiculous. We have good forwards but nobody to turn their ground gained into points
We started the year with 3 NSW reps yet we only have 1 now...this is also a problem.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do think the ball is oblong?
It bounces everywhere when kicked, so bloody kick it to give us half a chance.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our issues are well known, but in terms of where we sit on the ladder its still not good enough, i mean I aint saying we should be top 8, but our side does consist of a lot of experience
Morris Brothers - Former NSW and Australian Representatives
Will Hopoate - NSW representative
Kieran Foran - NZ International
Aaron Woods - NSW and Australia
David Klemmer - NSW and Australia
Josh Jackson - NSW and Australia
Greg Eastwood - NZ International

Sack Paul Green

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our issues are well known, but in terms of where we sit on the ladder its still not good enough, i mean I aint saying we should be top 8, but our side does consist of a lot of experience
You forgot mbye and lichaa . Surely it's only a matter of time before they're representing Australia

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no reason why our current roster is going worse than last year .. no injuries only Tolman to boot
That's interesting!
People were death riding tolman last year maybe those people might want to apologise . The guy brings boring metres but without errors which is exactly what we need.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's interesting!
People were death riding tolman last year maybe those people might want to apologise . The guy brings boring metres but without errors which is exactly what we need.
I don't think errors or defence is our issue if those are the things Tolman is good at. I'm fairly certain we rank high for completion rates.
Attack is the only issue and Tolman does not solve any of that, in fact he makes it worse

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We started the year with 3 NSW reps yet we only have 1 now...this is also a problem.
To be fair Jackson hasnt done a lot wrong but is up against strong players for the spot and Woods wouldnt have been picked by Fittler if he has coached last year. He wasnt going any better at tigers

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
We are not losing games by much... We just cant win, they have forgotten how to.

That and so much dropped ball and stupid penalties in the second half, its doing my fucking head in, I seriously don't know how many more games I can watch before absolutely losing my shit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We are not losing games by much... We just cant win, they have forgotten how to.

That and so much dropped ball and stupid penalties in the second half, its doing my fucking head in, I seriously don't know how many more games I can watch before absolutely losing my shit.
You mean that you haven't lost your shit here already like the rest of us have? I'd say you're doing quite well.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
You mean that you haven't lost your shit here already like the rest of us have? I'd say you're doing quite well.
Ohh, shits been lost old mate.... Just not absolutely yet, meh.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would be interesting when and if pay ever drops montoya and those 1-2 tries a game he lets in doesn’t happen

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wake up to yourself most them blokes should of been retired years ago. And woods has never been any good. Hoppa filled in on the wing for nsw cause of a couple of injuries so that leaves jj and klemmer. Cant win against 13 blokes with 1 prop and 1 back rower. Look at north queensland i dont know what everyone is crying about. Toughen the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.