Regardless of our issues, we should still be doing a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our issues are well known, but in terms of where we sit on the ladder its still not good enough, i mean I aint saying we should be top 8, but our side does consist of a lot of experience
Morris Brothers - Former NSW and Australian Representatives
Will Hopoate - NSW representative
Kieran Foran - NZ International
Aaron Woods - NSW and Australia
David Klemmer - NSW and Australia
Josh Jackson - NSW and Australia
Greg Eastwood - NZ International

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually, when you list it like that it is clear why we are going so bad. Not one of those blokes is an organiser/playmaker. they all either run the ball or do hit ups. We simply don't have a Cleary/Maloney/Cronk/Widdop/Smith//// who can set up the plays where we can use all these blokes.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually, when you list it like that it is clear why we are going so bad. Not one of those blokes is an organiser/playmaker. they all either run the ball or do hit ups. We simply don't have a Cleary/Maloney/Cronk/Widdop/Smith//// who can set up the plays where we can use all these blokes.
yh that where foran comes in but that hasnt worked out

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
foran does try to create at times but its the players around him, and he must be given the ball at crucial times

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look at that Cowboys squad and explain to me how they're doing worse than us. That squad they have on paper is still probably the best in the league.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at that Cowboys squad and explain to me how they're doing worse than us. That squad they have on paper is still probably the best in the league.
yh i cant work that one out

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on,tbh pay is really worrying me ,he seems to be clueless,some of his selections are fucking bizarre and i mean ffs 22 tries down montoyas side he needs a spell in reserves

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our issues are well known, but in terms of where we sit on the ladder its still not good enough, i mean I aint saying we should be top 8, but our side does consist of a lot of experience
I agree 100%. I will add that the majority of the players are a shadow of their former self.
If we are talking circa 2013, the Bulldogs are entrenched in the 8, and not worthy recipients of another wooden spoon.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes we have been under performing for years. At times we have had a fairly decent side. I just think Hasler ruined them and also on the players side they got use to not being accountable anymore. That's why I said a couple of years ago that the rot runs deep and most of the club needs cutting away to start fresh. Admin wise we have done that but players wise we have a long way to go. I know recently I have said we should keep them all until their contracts are up, that is mainly because I hate the concept of paying players to play at other clubs. Other than Jackson now I couldn't care if everyone is cut loose. We have losers and that's all they know what to do. Worst team in our history and an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Seriously delusional to blame hasler for this underperforming mess. Jackos lost his nsw jumper...woodsys lost his jumper..klemmers hanging on by a thread..we bout to lose mbye..fk this shit somethings gora give

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's some food for thought about our draw so far this year the first half of the year was very tough its no excuse but certainly is a factor. Looking at our remaining draw it does get a lot easier.

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

A teams Strength of Schedule is the mean Net Rating of a team’s opponents adjusted for Home/Away advantage, with #1 being the hardest schedule so far, and #16 being the easiest

Rank Team Rating
1 - Bulldogs 3.48
2 - Knights 2.47
3 - Eels 1.98
4 - Cowboys 1.93
5 - Dragons 1.54
6 - Warriors 1.08
7 - Titans 0.87
8 - Rabbitohs -0.36
9 - Sharks -0.76
10 - Roosters -1.35
11 - Broncos -1.38
12 - Tigers -1.45
13 - Sea Eagles -2.16
14 - Panthers -2.35
15 - Storm -2.38
16 - Raiders -2.67

FUTURE STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

A teams Future Strength of Schedule is the mean Net Rating of a team’s future opponents for the rest of the season adjusted for Home/Away advantage, with #1 being the hardest future schedule, and #16 being the easiest

Rank Team Rating
1 - Raiders 2.74
2 - Tigers 1.64
3 - Broncos 1.54
4 - Sea Eagles 1.20
5 - Warriors 0.75
6 - Storm 0.07
7 - Sharks -0.29
8 - Roosters -0.43
9 - Knights -0.45
10 - Titans -0.65
11 - Eels -0.77
12 - Cowboys -0.92
13 - Bulldogs -1.13
14 - Rabbitohs -1.19
15 - Panthers -1.33
16 - Dragons -2.29

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And only 1 of them is a current rep player. None of the others would be selected now.

Biggest issue now is the same issue we have had for a while, but worse this year. NO HALVES. This year one is playing broken. Frawley may go ok if we had a controller in the halves. Someone like Maloney/Pearce/Hunt. But Foran is shot. Frawley cannot steer the side around. As per recent years, we have 2 running halves and no fkn organiser. A good half will put people in holes, and spot weaknesses in defences and shift it that way, and will score a try a match with kicks.

The difference a great half would make to our side would be ridiculous. We have good forwards but nobody to turn their ground gained into points

Last edited:

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The above puts Haslers legacy into perspective. He must have known Mbye was more of a ball runner and was never going to be a playmaking half. Then he goes after Foran who is more a 2nd receiver. He stubbornly thought he could build a good team without a true 1st reciver - playmaker. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.