Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Exactly, but some will question his loyalty rather than pointing out where he is wrong.
It's the kind of frustration the club has given us fans over the past few years... the stupid thing is how obvious it was last year and the year before ... having foran under des was supposed to fix our attacking woes ...
Who knows if things would have been dofferent if des was here ... this is the make up of his potential premiership winning side
It's fans such as rooney and the likes that dont necessarily need to be told weather their right or wrong ... we need to be heard some how
And for a passionate guy to spray his team ... our team they way he has shows passion and loyalty ...
We deserve to be pissed ... but we are still here ... ill still be a dogs fan in another 20 years also
Just frustrated, as is everyone else at stupid stupid decision being made by our club
I assume we all went through being stripped from 1st to last and the coff harbour scandle ... this is as frustrating but we have also had some good times since those days as well
If we made it through that we will make it through this

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can handle the fact that he isn't a hundred percent fit and that he may or may not get his fitness back, but I have to say its the muscle between his ears that is killing me. He needs to be in absolute control for our 5th tackle options and it just isn't happening. Those non plays on our 5th yesterday were a disgrace and if nothing else they are justification for dropping him and I am one of his fans. We should've won by 20 yesterday. We were all over them but couldn't finish it off. that comes down to your chief playmaker and frankly we just didn't have any plays on display. Pay really needs to send a message to every player in the team that they have a job to do and if they don't do it they have a rest until they do.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I can handle the fact that he isn't a hundred percent fit and that he may or may not get his fitness back, but I have to say its the muscle between his ears that is killing me. He needs to be in absolute control for our 5th tackle options and it just isn't happening. Those non plays on our 5th yesterday were a disgrace and if nothing else they are justification for dropping him and I am one of his fans. We should've won by 20 yesterday. We were all over them but couldn't finish it off. that comes down to your chief playmaker and frankly we just didn't have any plays on display. Pay really needs to send a message to every player in the team that they have a job to do and if they don't do it they have a rest until they do.
The comments by Pay in the press conference were very telling,hopefully the halves heard them and are prepared to make more effort,and that Pay will back those words up with actions if they don't.
Couldn't begin to tell you how frustrated I was at the amount of times we just meekly handed possession over near their line without a SINGLE kick for a repeat set.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People blame Foran, but he's getting little help from the 12 other players on field.
Three runs for 9 meters says it all. We got a million dollars invested in our number 7, it’s not paying dividends. If we were getting smashed every week then the problem is more than the halfback, but when you lead games with 20 mins to go, that’s when the halfback earns his crust to close out games. Our halfback wobbles as he trots around and looks like every bone in his body is aching and goes MIA. After 12 rounds the problem is now very clear! Anyone can see that

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't Foran more a 5/8 or 6 or 2nd receiver? He is not a true halfback or 1st receiver - playmaker. This makes the situation even more frustrating. I don't think he has ever had a great kicking game. I might be wrong but didn't DCE do most of the kicking at Manly. Why is he being expected to be the team playmaker? It beats me what Hasler had in mind for him, but then again he persisted in trying to make Mbye a halfback.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Frustration will get us nowhere. Des made our bed and we have to sleep in it. One day we will look back at this "era" and laugh. One day. This year will be the worst of it imo. It is what it is.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't Foran more a 5/8 or 6 or 2nd receiver? He is not a true halfback or 1st receiver - playmaker. This makes the situation even more frustrating. I don't think he has ever had a great kicking game. I might be wrong but didn't DCE do most of the kicking at Manly. Why is he being expected to be the team playmaker? It beats me what Hasler had in mind for him, but then again he persisted in trying to make Mbye a halfback.
I believe that too. He’s a 5/8th. Some people think there’s no difference these days between a 6 and a 7, but there is. Naturally a 7 touches the ball more in every set, the 7 is the chief, directing play, and has all the tricks up his sleeves. The 7 possess a great kicking game, long and short, has great communication skills with his players and knows from the very beginning of a set of six where they need to be on the field and what 5th tackle option is going to be used. Works to a plan and makes sure his players are working towards that same plan. Forans strength has always been straightening the attack engaging the defenders and throwing great balls to edge runners. Always put his body on the line. He’s never been a great game manager. I truly believe DCE was the dominant half at Manly when Foran was there.

But in saying all this, his body is shot and simply cannot do what he used to be good at. Just watch him closely during games, he’s struggling big time!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The truth here is that every issue we have right now has been brewing for a number of years. The former management group failed to build a balanced side. They knew for a few years that we lacked a kicking game and playmakers with the required game management skills. Foran at his best has been a decent 5/8 who had a good running game with moderate kicking skills. But at the end of the day I've always thought he was over-rated and while he may be moderately more skilled than Reynolds is, he was never going to solve our issues of limited last tackle options. We've spent too many years trying to manufacture a true halfback from a 5/8 because in Haslers first year with the club we did well with two 5/8s. The club made some huge mistakes in letting our junior development program become a low priority, which has meant after 5-6 years we were completely reliant on buying in overpriced talent to round out every part of the squad. Our development programs used to mean that when we might not have had stars in the system, we still had quality enough to fill the bulk of positions with decent juniors which meant we could splash out on the stars we needed. The number of home grown players in our side is pretty low right now and the ones that are in there are like a hangover from previous administrations.

The big positive for us right now is the situation our current management team are facing requires that they return to the strategy that made us a powerful club on the field for many years. It will take utter morons in our management to let our lower grades become a low priority again for many years. So I can see us focusing our attention for the next 2 years on ensuring we once again have the best junior development in place, and by the time our salary cap issues of the moment are sorted we should hopefully be able to manage it better by relying on home grown talent.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
He is a 5/8 ... i always questioned the 7 on his back
Your spot on !!!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My two cents is our previous administration in their infinite wisdom thought that foran was going to be the be all end all solution to our attacking woes, even though he was a busted horse before he arrived, no one seemed to care, they were probably jizzing at the thought of finally securing his signature so they paid massive overs for him and threw him in as primary playmaker, even though he can't run, can barley kick and in his own words has the back of an 80 year old

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
My two cents is our previous administration in their infinite wisdom thought that foran was going to be the be all end all solution to our attacking woes, even though he was a busted horse before he arrived, no one seemed to care, they were probably jizzing at the thought of finally securing his signature so they paid massive overs for him and threw him in as primary playmaker, even though he can't run, can barley kick and in his own words has the back of an 80 year old
That's definitely true ... but what is pay to do ! Imagine being in his position
Already over 3mil of our cap are playing park footy

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's definitely true ... but what is pay to do ! Imagine being in his position
Already over 3mil of our cap are playing park footy
That's the question, Jimmy.

Best solution for pay would be to organise a fake bonding session with just foran and a Bolt action rifle, drive him out to a farm and put him down like old yeller

Status
Not open for further replies.