Real reason of letting players go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are you fricken kidding?

The previous mob didn't have a plan!

They were just making decisions that best suited them not being ousted. A self interest policy that has set us back 10 years.

I'll tell you the real reason we are Fukked. There are three reasons. First one is Hasler. Second one is Castle. Third one is Dib.

As for missing TPA's, how many could we have had in the first place? We were in serious cap trouble this time last year when the previous mob were in full control. We had to let go of Kasiano and Graham just to get under for this year. Where were the TPA's then?

Why don't you ever admit that Dib and his crew completely ass fukked our club and have got away with it lightly. Cannot believe that he is still on the NSW rugby league club board.
Well said mate.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye all but just admitted on 9 he’s leaving, channel 9 reporting he’s finalising the contract while they spoke to him should be announced this week.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I they haven’t they have told us Klemmer and Jackson are no go... but with all this mbye talk and woods and shit it’s like they tell us one thing and we hear a totally diff thing.

I know they can’t just always come out every time something leaks etc but for them to say we are ok and comply with the cap to then hear Woods is getting shopped around ( which I’m glad and hope it’s true lol) and mbye sign with tigers etc we need clarification and not just statements from them to shut us up
You hear what you want to hear. Listen to the message. They are cap compliant for this year. They have $500K for next year even after letting Morris Bros and Eastwood etc go. They aren't shopping players around. They never said they wouldn't consider genuine approaches from other clubs. Its a smart move if it gives us coin to buy someone.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’re freeing up space for something or someone. I don’t know who because according to zerotackle there aren’t many off contract players.
We won’t be signing any established players. Firstly no player wants to comit harakiri by signing with the Dogs regardless of what stage of their career. Right now we are the NRL’s lepers.
Pay needs to inject some impressive coaching staff to develop youngsters- that’s our only way forward. Develop our own- we have some great potential in the ISP & Jersey Flegg & other youngsters joining us in 2019. Pay & crew’s challenge is to turn them into first grade footballers.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let this be a lesson to the club - we should never have given hasler so much control ... after 2015, we should have stopped the rot then , because his plan for quick results did not work after losing 2 gf’s
DER. Thanks Einstein. The members have dealt with that issue.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sucks balls but other teams ain’t gonna pay for some of the lemons we have they will pay a majority of salaries of our better players so yes it will be mybe Klemmer Jackson and appeal the most but no team will pay for the rest it’s s shit situation but it’s the sore bum we have to deal after getting fucked hard by Hasler nose whistles and dibshit I love this club and raylene licking qantas ball sack now castle

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parkview are the construction company at the League Club. They’re probably not going anywhere

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Conspiracy theories lol.

We arent going to change this team in the right direction, unless we let some players go in the near future. It wont be because theres more to it than that. Mbye for example. Good player. But as good as his pay?, maybe not yet. And a big chunk of cap it is.
Our biggest issue may be Foran.

Humpty Foran sat on a wall,
Humpty Foran had a big fall,
All the dogs resources and all of Pay's men,
Couldnt put Humpty together again.

Lol. Musings of a space cadet lol. Anyway i digress, Foran is our highest paid player and threatens to be very bad value for money, and nobody will take him off us. Any healers out there lol. Lay some hands on this man! I do feel for Foran though, he is trying his guts out, but his body says no.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the deal with the Tigers is this-

You take Mbye this year from now for free this year and we will pay him his full year.

Tigers might value that at let's say 400k as its only been 12 games from a possible 28 for the year so far

Then they factor in that by paying 850k next year minus 400k of value they got out of him this year split over the next 2 years puts him at 850k minus 200k per year = 650 per year. That's sounds a lot closer to his true value.

But, because the Tigers have space this year they can still spread what they actually pay him for 2 years over 3.
For example 850k for 2 of his contracted years = 1.7million
Spread over 3 years is only $566,000 per year on their books and out of their cap. Good value for someone who wants him.

I wouldn't care if we had to pay him this year, but definitely not next year or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.