Woolford & Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you guys think about giving these 2 a run this year.

Both been the most impressive in lower grades & both cover spine positions.

We need to make changes and may as well look to the future?

Can we really do any worse. Some will argue they deserve to be in FG on merit anyway?

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one in their right mind would think we can make the eight now. We must look to the future in the predicament we are in. We have to see now whether some of these young guys can handle first grade. No point waiting till next year only to find out they can't cut it in first grade then we have to get a new batch in.

Lets start with three or four and see how we go. Nothing to lose.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For sure the only problem is Woolford is still under done from his jaw injury so will be a few weeks away. We also have a glut of hookers so he may struggle to get game time to get his fitness right. I’d add Josh Bergamin in there aswell hes looking like a NRL player with every game in ISP.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis was always a must, hes had an outstanding season an has improved in leaps and bounds.

He’s ready for a shot.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes to both.

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Olive (jmoz when back)
4. Holland (olive when jmoz)
5. Montoya (holland when jmoz)
6. Lewis
7. Foran (fml)
9. Woolford

14. JMK

Brown should be there but looks like he will not play FG again

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For sure the only problem is Woolford is still under done from his jaw injury so will be a few weeks away. We also have a glut of hookers so he may struggle to get game time to get his fitness right. I’d add Josh Bergamin in there aswell hes looking like a NRL player with every game in ISP.
Bergamin may get a shot at the number 1 considering he is a FB but I sense Pay is grooming him to be a winger considering his been in the number 2 all year. Went alright when he jumped into 1 on the weekend didn't he and wouldn't be surprised if he is named there this week.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why? We are playing Frawley. He isn't going to get re-signed
Because we may lose the kid if he kills it and his value goes up in an instant. We broke af!

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why? We are playing Frawley. He isn't going to get re-signed
No-one will want to sign Frawley.

If Lewis gets a shot at first grade there would be a few clubs who would show interest in the kid. Lock him up on bare minimum as possible. You dont want a bidding war even if it would be 50-100k difference between clubs, because in our case, EVERY CENT counts.

We re-signed To'omaga before he was given a shot in first grade and that was a good move.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bergamin may get a shot at the number 1 considering he is a FB but I sense Pay is grooming him to be a winger considering his been in the number 2 all year. Went alright when he jumped into 1 on the weekend didn't he and wouldn't be surprised if he is named there this week.
He played the whole of under 20s at fullback so he probably will be named there because I doubt Brown will plau with his elbow. He’s got the size and pace to be a NRL winger.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched the game against the Roo's just passed and thought both these Guys were very very poor indeed TBH

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our current halves arent taking ownership in attack. JMK offers little in attack as well. Need to give someone else a go,

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played the whole of under 20s at fullback so he probably will be named there because I doubt Brown will plau with his elbow. He’s got the size and pace to be a NRL winger.
Yeah and before that... His definitely got what it takes, quads like a rhino! He could be our solution at FB considering he can slot into the halves as well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our current halves arent taking ownership in attack. JMK offers little in attack as well. Need to give someone else a go,
Which is why I have been calling for Lewis for over a year now... His a general!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess it wouldn't hurt but also wouldnt expect them to change much. Jmk, Frawley and priest also kill it in isp. Think our problem is we have a lot of gun isp players and hardly any first graders

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have Martin and Lewis off contract next year... can you imagine we lose them? I reckon there will def be interest in them and they’ll be able to offer more to them then us. Only reason I see both of them signing for short contracts is they know how Fuked we are with cap and they know they will get grade time 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.