Please Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a made up figure. But I know he got a 2 year deal and the only way to fit it in was to backend him. So what ever he is on this year will be peanuts compared to next. So say if it was 500k? Would that be appropriate for a hooker floating around 100 games? Works out 250kpa and he would be on under half that this season. So it will still be 350-400 next year.
I think that wage is far too high considering he was axed by us & had no prospects.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think that wage is far too high considering he was axed by us & had no prospects.
He was a first grader (even though he was just dropped) and had a solid end to the season and a good World Cup. Fair enough if he had 20 games under his belt. But 250k is nothing for a first grader. His value would have been around 350k (thus the 700k over 2 years).

But yeh like you said I wouldn’t give him that much. But in reality first grade startes are not on 100k. And doubt his manager would tell him to sign for under 250k when there was another 1 or 2 clubs interested.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a first grader (even though he was just dropped) and had a solid end to the season and a good World Cup. Fair enough if he had 20 games under his belt. But 250k is nothing for a first grader. His value would have been around 350k (thus the 700k over 2 years).

But yeh like you said I wouldn’t give him that much. But in reality first grade startes are not on 100k. And doubt his manager would tell him to sign for under 250k when there was another 1 or 2 clubs interested.
No way on earth we re signed him on 350k. Absolutely no way on earth.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well here goes 2 more years of my footy life totally fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.