How much of our Salary Cap is spent at other clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Graham, Kasiano and that's it.

Suli's contract was mututally terminated - no payout required.

Abbey and Lee were off contract and not re-signed.

Perrett and lane we paid the first years contract of theirs I believe, but they are now off the books.
Ok, thankyou. Didn't that Members meeting have something about Suli? So how much are we topping up from Graham and Kas?

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Perrett and lane we paid the first years contract of theirs I believe, but they are now off the books.

You know very well that Hill said at the last members meeting that we are paying for 5 players

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s poor management when you are paying guys to play against you. If we do the same for any players in the future we haven’t learnt anything from the dib des and thing management team. Be stupid to go down the same path

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can fix his defensive issues. Our attack is the worst in the comp
Titans haven't yet and they are his third club. Some blokes never learn and I suspect he is one of them. Yes he has some attacking flair but I think Olive will prove better than him.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dogs confirmed they were paying for Graham, kas, Lee, abbey and suli

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s poor management when you are paying guys to play against you. If we do the same for any players in the future we haven’t learnt anything from the dib des and thing management team. Be stupid to go down the same path
But its not that uncommon these days. Tigers still paying a large chunk of Farahs $950k to play for the Bears. rorters paid for Jennings for a while. Panthers paid for lewis for a while, Tigers paid for Fifita for a while and so on. copely is another who springs to mind. Suli is only on $85k so we might be paying $10k for him. Not worth worrying about but technically we did. It all comes about when coaches change and come in with different mind sets on what success looks like. It's just that in our case it was due to a bad gamble on the size of the cap. If it were $10m then we would have been fine. May not have played very good footy but we would have been fine cap wise....

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why waste 10% of your cap paying players to play at another club. Might be what they do these days at clubs but it’s horrible management of your cap. Andrew Hill said we are salary cap complainant moving forward well suck it up and get the best out of what we have. We will be able to attract players in 2021 in the meantime do the best with what we have and focus on the juniors. Do you think they have sat the players down as group and said we want to restructure contracts ? Didn’t they do that in 2004?

But its not that uncommon these days. Tigers still paying a large chunk of Farahs $950k to play for the Bears. rorters paid for Jennings for a while. Panthers paid for lewis for a while, Tigers paid for Fifita for a while and so on. copely is another who springs to mind. Suli is only on $85k so we might be paying $10k for him. Not worth worrying about but technically we did. It all comes about when coaches change and come in with different mind sets on what success looks like. It's just that in our case it was due to a bad gamble on the size of the cap. If it were $10m then we would have been fine. May not have played very good footy but we would have been fine cap wise....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t get the Suli payment

In the real world when you get 3 warnings you get fired

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It could just be a technicality like the month he was here counted on our cap.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

It no doubt relates to money we paid him while he was with us. Don't forget contracts run Nov to Oct each year and we had to pay him for about 6 weeks. I don't think it relates to any money we owe currently.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

This is what the CEO was quoted as saying

"Graham is one of five players the Bulldogs are still carrying part of their salaries in their cap – the others are Brenko Lee (Titans), Brad Abbey (Raiders), Sam Kasiano (Storm) and Moses Suli (Manly)."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/17...ign-high-profile-players-for-three-years-ceo/

Abbey & Lee were definitely contracted for this year.

Why we are paying Manly for Suli is beyond me!

Status
Not open for further replies.