ANOTHER mid season NRL rule change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you read the full rule change? If the defending player is interfering they will be penalised. In a sense, what they are doing is removing the ability for dogs like Anthony Milford to 'milk' penalties that way. Took freaking long enough. That pass he threw to that roosters player who was standing no where near the play-the-ball or impeding the Broncos attackers was fucking pathetic.
Milford isn’t the only one
Mbye has done this a few times

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I bet we will get penalised for it while the opposition player runs back and deliberately gets in the way.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any new rule that gives referees another area where they can apply discretionary penalties to the side of their choosing worries me with the current state of refereeing. I wish i wasn't certain that this will be used to exploit the game. Theoretically this is a common sense ruling that should have been implemented years ago. But I just have so little faith in the fairness of refereeing now that I think this will be another way of tipping the scales on a game if the referees need to.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will Smiths was as bad. Its a joke and should be penalised for doing it.
Mcguiness is notorious for it but that one was the worst one I've seen, almost a gridiron pass into luke that I can't believe wasn't penalised on the day

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will players falling when hit with a stiff breeze be penalised?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are they taking the piss? Maybe start by fixing up the quality of referee decisions, not introducing more ways for them to remove possession from an attacking team.

The more shit like this goes on, the more convinced I am that the game is rigged.
Are you for real i mean seriously?? Your bagging this change?? Thats fucking ludicrous!!! Did you not see that player last week who literally threw the ball straight down and directly at a player on the ground? He even got the penalty. This is an absolutely disgraceful call and its a fucking major blight on the game at the moment. Its a fucking shame that they even have to intervene to prevent it happening, its worse then ball tampering.
Well fucking done NRL. This is a great move!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you read the full rule change? If the defending player is interfering they will be penalised. In a sense, what they are doing is removing the ability for dogs like Anthony Milford to 'milk' penalties that way. Took freaking long enough. That pass he threw to that roosters player who was standing no where near the play-the-ball or impeding the Broncos attackers was fucking pathetic.
There has been way worse still. The fact that players have stooped so low as to do this is a disgrace. They should be fucking ashamed of themselves for even doing it!!! Its rediculous that the NRL had to make a rule change to stop it happening, but sadly it seems that it was also 100% necessary.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"This does not absolve a defender of his responsibilities to clear the ruck and the defending team will still be penalised if it is deemed that they are interfering with play."

That part has never been enforced. numerous time you see dummy halves climbing over the tackler to get to the ball(often after the play the ball rolls into them) and they are never penalised
Mate you can hardly disappear. This has always been the way it is and theres nothing wrong with it in my opinion, unless its really blatant and they make no effort to move. But when the dummy half picks the ball up and throws it at a player on the ground it becomes a fucking disgrace. The NRL shouldnt need to make a rule to stop players from being unsportsmanlike!!

Status
Not open for further replies.