Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
general question, if a player is on 900k next 2 years and Nth QLd for example said we want to pay 600k a year for that player, can that player agree to a release to go Cowboys and forego the difference if our club says no we dont want to pay the difference?
Yes they can. Just like Jarryd Hayne just did.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
what are you raving on about? he was fine at Parra.
Don’t think you can say parra actually benefitted from that deal in the long run.....and he did miss a couple of the handful of games he played there due to imhury, from memory.

Foran’s The first player we should look to offload in a perfect world, IMO. The problem is, I doubt any other club would take him unless we continued to pay most of his contract.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t think you can say parra actually benefitted from that deal in the long run.....and he did miss a couple of the handful of games he played there due to imhury, from memory.

Foran’s The first player we should look to offload in a perfect world, IMO. The problem is, I doubt any other club would take him unless we continued to pay most of his contract.

Brad Arthur is looking to offload Norman! You reckon Parra and dumb enough to bite and latch on?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to offer Foran, Woods and Tolman to any team that wants them. We should state that we will pay the player’s salary in full for 2019 but after that they have to pay the rest. That would be a massive savings for them and helps us get under the cap for 2020.
Is that the way u run your business,pay your employees to work for your competitors,what a crazy comment. Would it not be better to say here’s Aron wood his contract,$800k take him we will pay $300k of that,at that price u will get more suitors,likewise with the others$and the club will have a savings of around $1.4 mill and be able to spend money elsewhere

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they can. Just like Jarryd Hayne just did.
Mbye hasn’t achieved anything,Hayne has played SOO, Kangaroos & Fiji, NFL, compared to Mbye.... achieved promise. Nobody will pay Mbye what he’s on at the Dogs, why would he take a pay cut???? And actually be on a performance based contract.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad Arthur is looking to offload Norman! You reckon Parra and dumb enough to bite and latch on?
Norman will head back to Qld. We’re stuck with an underconditioned, underperforming, underachieving but overpaid Foran

DogfanQld

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a stupid comment last year it was all we need this one and that one soon as they don’t perform in a bad side we rubbish them
FFS

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah but which year of his contract was that ?? he is currently in the first year of a new contract.. so potentially could be Year 1 could be 500 year 2 and 3 could be 800 k..

And considering DIB involved Tunks as a part of the inner sanctum last year , yeah I believe Tunks over your mate...
Current contract.
Mate he had everything.
Employment contract
Payslips
Previous 2 tax returns.

I'm telling you. You blokes saying Tolman is on $700k to $800k are way off.
Yes there is a ratchet clause, but not big.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha i wish! But nah.... not after last time. We were obviously dumb enough. If only we could offload him to ourselves!

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
general question, if a player is on 900k next 2 years and Nth QLd for example said we want to pay 600k a year for that player, can that player agree to a release to go Cowboys and forego the difference if our club says no we dont want to pay the difference?
Both parties can walk away from a contract by mutual agreement.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norman will head back to Qld. We’re stuck with an underconditioned, underperforming, underachieving but overpaid Foran
Not sure where Corey would be going.

I have heard if Bellamy does end up at the Groncos, Munster will be following him.

I reckon in these next couple of years there is going to be alot of shifting (trying to) of players which are on long term contracts chewing up the cap.

Ill bet my left nut come 2020 Ivan & Nathan Cleary will be at the Rorters

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I doubt they were THAT far under the cap. There is a minimum salary cap.
who knows but they were def under it by quite a bit. Yet people still blame bennett for fucking their cap. Makes zero sense

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing you said is right. Woods is already lazy and will never be worth 900k a season.
Foran's body is gone. He will never be the old Foran.
Tolman is not on 400-500k. He is on 800k.
Is this not an opinion fan forum?
1. Where did I say Woods was worth $900k a season?
2. I said I thought he would improve/get better as the seadon goes on. We all need to hope so as he is here until 2021.
3. I said I thought Foran was playing injured. If they can rehabilitate car accident victims I'm pretty sure they can get Foran moving better. Yes he may never get back to his best but hopefully he can get close to it. Again we better all hope so as he is with us to 2021 also.
4. Tolman is on less than $500k and you can take that to the bank.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye hasn’t achieved anything,Hayne has played SOO, Kangaroos & Fiji, NFL, compared to Mbye.... achieved promise. Nobody will pay Mbye what he’s on at the Dogs, why would he take a pay cut???? And actually be on a performance based contract.
That wasn't the question.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is that the way u run your business,pay your employees to work for your competitors,what a crazy comment. Would it not be better to say here’s Aron wood his contract,$800k take him we will pay $300k of that,at that price u will get more suitors,likewise with the others$and the club will have a savings of around $1.4 mill and be able to spend money elsewhere
That is a stupid idea because then you're using 500k to replace Woods with another prop for the next 4 years

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is this not an opinion fan forum?
1. Where did I say Woods was worth $900k a season?
2. I said I thought he would improve/get better as the seadon goes on. We all need to hope so as he is here until 2021.
3. I said I thought Foran was playing injured. If they can rehabilitate car accident victims I'm pretty sure they can get Foran moving better. Yes he may never get back to his best but hopefully he can get close to it. Again we better all hope so as he is with us to 2021 also.
4. Tolman is on less than $500k and you can take that to the bank.
How do you know that he will improve? you're using assumption and assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Foran has been like this for 3 years now, he isn't getting better.

Tolman is not on under 500k. Hasler rated him as the best prop in the game and paid him accordingly.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No one mentioned names or hinted at anyone taking a cut at the dogs so i don't know why u mentioned Mbye...
He used hayne as an example to answer my general question..

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the board's position is no fire sales but they will negotiate player swaps at market value. That is not at Des value so we will be paying a difference. I am ok with that. Mbye's market value is no more that $600k (for example) so I would be happy to offload him for that. I doubt anyone will take Foran so it leaves Woods, Klemmer, Jackon, Mbye, Hoppa & Tolman as saleable targets. I doubt anything will happen in the short term as the penny drops with other clubs that we are prepared to sit on players rather than fire sale.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wasn't the question.
There wasn’t a question, you’re making the Hayne analogy. I’m merely stating the facts; Hayne has bargaining power he’s achieved- the Dogs situation & Mbye is yet another balls up initiated by Greenberg & then convoluted by the previous administration Mbye’s $900k is based on potential & promise.
......& we’re still waiting

JoeyG

Waterboy
Reaction score
agree with Foran and Tolman to be shipped out ASAP. Problem with Foran is no club will pay 100k let alone 1m. We might be able to offload Tolman for 60-70% of what we are paying him.
With a bit of luck ( I hate to say this) Foran will have major injury concerns over the next 18 mths and will ultimately have to retire.
Hence an insurance pay out. If it works that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.