Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want no part of Bennett. He would destabilise Dean Pay and I dont want that. Dean Pay is the future.
What we need is a good ISP coach who will actually teach the young guys a thing or two.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett recommended Des Hasler to our club and left the Knights in a mess. He has achieved at the Broncos and the Dragons but he is definitely not infallible. We need Bulldogs people who have the long term interests of the club at heart. No more outsiders who come for the money then are gone in a few years and have little interest in the club's long term future.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bennett fucked us once via Hasler ..

I've heard this as well... not sure if it's appreciated or imposed though.
I think he gives advice when he's asked, was told this directly from someone the next step removed from Pay.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A lot of our issues right now have nothing to do with Pays coaching ability. Can Bennett fix our cap issues? Hes not Nick Politis.

Anyway as if Bennett would haul his old ass back to sydney to be an assistant. What would he do that for? He can def get the main coach role at another club if he needed to, which he doesn't. He should finally retire imo.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bennett is a myth. Look at all the juniors he has had on a platter his whole coaching career. Hasler would have his record with such luxuries.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bennett is a myth. Look at all the juniors he has had on a platter his whole coaching career. Hasler would have his record with such luxuries.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wayne Bennett a myth?! That is the most retarded comment I have ever heard with anything to do with Rugby League

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at the Roster Robinson has had since 2013 for 1 premiership

Brown at Dragons had a great roster from 2003-2007 for no premierships

Paul Green 1 'lucky' last second grand final win for a great roster since 2014

We had a great roster from 2002-2007 for 1 premiership

Great rosters dont equal premierships

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wants to still coach and not be a director yet,he should be coach and pay assistant for a couple of years pay would learn alot

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wayne Bennett a myth?! That is the most retarded comment I have ever heard with anything to do with Rugby League
How well did he do at newcastle mate?
Have a look at the players he has had at his disposal his whole coaching career, langer, walters, lewis, renouf, carne, lockyer, lazarus, webcke, civonaceva, tallis, etc etc etc. The list goes on and on and on. He has always had an unlimited supply of talent coming through and absolutely no competition for the hearts and minds of queensland players because has been coach of a one city club which has actually been a one state club for almost half of its existence, with unlimited brown paper bags for most of his career and has never had the challenges of smaller clubs.
Has he been successful? Yeah he has. But any coach could have succeeded with what he has had at his disposal all this time.
He took over stmerge when they were already on the up and then managed a gf win with them, but then he turned newcastle into a fucking rabble, and now brown is still trying to put the pieces back together.
Please explain to me what challenges, hardship or adversity he has ever had to deal with as a coach?????

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at the Roster Robinson has had since 2013 for 1 premiership

Brown at Dragons had a great roster from 2003-2007 for no premierships

Paul Green 1 'lucky' last second grand final win for a great roster since 2014

We had a great roster from 2002-2007 for 1 premiership

Great rosters dont equal premierships
The game has also changed a hell of a lot since his first 3 premierships mate.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Bennett is a coaching legend BUT I think the old bastard is a senile hypocrite now and I don't see any value to this idea.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the story is true and Wayne Bennett is on the outer at the Bronco's he should be looked at as a coaching advisor/assistant to Dean Pay without a doubt.

I know there is now a cap on expenditure on staff but do whatever it takes to get him. It will only benefit Dean Pay and inparticular the players. We can also use his experience with our junior system right through to top grade. Even if it's a consultancy role it doesn't matter, just get him!

We are a club trying to build back up from the bottom and his knowledge would be priceless for us right now.

No mAn pfftt

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said on foxsports today if bellamy agrees to coach brisbane, itll be for 2020. Unlikely for storm to re-sign him just for 1 year. Thatd be a better option imo than bennett. Pay has worked with him before too.
Id imagine a few clubs would approach him tho if hes available as a consultant.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How well did he do at newcastle mate?
Have a look at the players he has had at his disposal his whole coaching career, langer, walters, lewis, renouf, carne, lockyer, lazarus, webcke, civonaceva, tallis, etc etc etc. The list goes on and on and on. He has always had an unlimited supply of talent coming through and absolutely no competition for the hearts and minds of queensland players because has been coach of a one city club which has actually been a one state club for almost half of its existence, with unlimited brown paper bags for most of his career and has never had the challenges of smaller clubs.
Has he been successful? Yeah he has. But any coach could have succeeded with what he has had at his disposal all this time.
He took over stmerge when they were already on the up and then managed a gf win with them, but then he turned newcastle into a fucking rabble, and now brown is still trying to put the pieces back together.
Please explain to me what challenges, hardship or adversity he has ever had to deal with as a coach?????
Agree , and he only won his premierships when. The groonks were essentially the qld side , now with cowboys and titans and storm getting qld talent he has won fark all.

Saints he inherited a side that just had to win the final game and left them in a mess like the knights.

Also with broncos confirmed having the most TPA, they are spending the most (even outspent eels when they cheated the cap ) and didn't win squat . Now look at his squad already on the downhill after griffin built it up