Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the story is true and Wayne Bennett is on the outer at the Bronco's he should be looked at as a coaching advisor/assistant to Dean Pay without a doubt.

I know there is now a cap on expenditure on staff but do whatever it takes to get him. It will only benefit Dean Pay and inparticular the players. We can also use his experience with our junior system right through to top grade. Even if it's a consultancy role it doesn't matter, just get him!

We are a club trying to build back up from the bottom and his knowledge would be priceless for us right now.
Couldn't agree more I'd even move him to head coach and have pay be his assistant for the next 3 years.

while we are in a rebuilding stage players want to be coached by him take TPJ for an example he left raiders to come play for Bennett so I'm sure his knowledge and experience in the game will do wonders for a club like ours in the situation we are currently in.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m hesitant after he completely fucked over Newcastle. But he would attract a shit load of talent including TPJ. As long as Boyd doesn’t follow I’d be happy

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said in press conference he told broncos to plan for future and sign Bellamy, he also said he would consider coaching else where. Would not be surprised if titans or roosters make a play for him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I will say it as it is... Rubbish! We have Chris Anderson and Andrew Farrar in the ranks, why the hell do we want a coach who has had a leg up his whole career?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If the story is true and Wayne Bennett is on the outer at the Bronco's he should be looked at as a coaching advisor/assistant to Dean Pay without a doubt.

I know there is now a cap on expenditure on staff but do whatever it takes to get him. It will only benefit Dean Pay and inparticular the players. We can also use his experience with our junior system right through to top grade. Even if it's a consultancy role it doesn't matter, just get him!

We are a club trying to build back up from the bottom and his knowledge would be priceless for us right now.
lol, Wayne Bennett does not operate this way.

It's his way or the highway - he won't play second string to anyone, including Pay.

Look at what he did to the knights. He coached his way, recruited who he wanted, structured contracts the way he wanted. And when he left - the club was royally fkd from back ended contracts and because they'd recruited players in their last years of their careers.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Dean would be so upset if Wayne came across.

Also i don't think Wayne would come to our club with our salary situation.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Bennett style doesnt suit where this club is headed. We are going to build around young players and promote within, bennett is a recruiter to build his team. Griffin was the guy during Bennett 1st stint that brought the kids through not bennett. Thas why gus wanted him to work with juniors .

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wayne would never not be a head coach, he'll probably end up at the Titans or Eels eventually unless he retires.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett was the one that told the Broncos to interview Bellamy.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Actually saw him talk about it.
It is one of the biggest face saving exercises I've ever seen. It's easy to say he 'told them to interview Bellamy'.

But you should ask what the context was when he told them to interview Bellamy. Because reading between the lines - The Broncos were gauging Bellamy's interest well before Bennett found out. Bennett then found out and went off the richter scale. At which point he said (out of spite), that they should interview Bellamy if they really wanted him.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes not an advisor hes a coach.. Make it happen.. hes a proven winner

He should have 8 premierships if not for the last second miracle in 2015

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hes not an advisor hes a coach.. Make it happen.. hes a proven winner

He should have 8 premierships if not for the last second miracle in 2015
he should have 2 premierships if the salary cap auditor did his job

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Mate couldn't agree more, and I called it first.