Stop blaming the refs for yesterdays loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The refs didnt make Montoya come racing in off his wing and come up with nothing.

The refs didnt make the lads miss tackles or drop the ball.

We were beaten by the better side yesterday, the lads tried hard but we just werent good enough when it came down to the crunch

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
NrL iS rIgGeD rEfS aLwAyS hAtE dOgGiEs BuLlFrOg ShOuLd Be ReSsUrEcTeD aNd StArT oUr OwN cOmPeTiTiOn

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The refs didnt make Montoya come racing in off his wing and come up with nothing.

We were beaten by the better side yesterday, the lads tried hard but we just werent good enough when it came down to the crunch
Yes mate but when refs continually make bad calls against us the players will confidence in winning and heart as a result, particularly when there gassed .

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes mate but when refs continually make bad calls against us the players will confidence in winning and heart as a result, particularly when there gassed .
against the Eels and Cowboys we lost the penalty count and still won

Malla

Reaction score
Timing of those penalties fucked us too.

But just to sum it up, Prior should have been sin binned, we probably would have scored off that play. Instead a few minutes later Prior goes down the other end and scores a try. That sums it up.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We were the better side in most of the stats yesterday especially metres gained. Sharks for the first 60 min could not get out of there half if not for penalties.
The holding back of mybe should have been a sin bin and would have given us total advantage so I dare say the ref had a bit to play with it.
We were the better side yesterday for the most part

Malla

Reaction score
We were the better side in most of the stats yesterday especially metres gained. Sharks for the first 60 min could not get out of there half if not for penalties.
The holding back of mybe should have been a sin bin and would have given us total advantage so I dare say the ref had a bit to play with it.
We were the better side yesterday for the most part
100% agree.

We had 1 or 2 penalties total in the second half and they came in the final 2 minutes is that correct? Absolute rubbish Sharks were that disciplined for that long.

The Prior try actually came on the back of a penalty against us for crowing Lee. Biggest bogus penalty when the pocket ref even told him to play it straight. Just bad officiating that dictated the result.

Malla

Reaction score
In saying that, had Mbye pulled his finger out and kicked well we could have been equal after 80 mins.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Timing of those penalties fucked us too.

But just to sum it up, Prior should have been sin binned, we probably would have scored off that play. Instead a few minutes later Prior goes down the other end and scores a try. That sums it up.
Couldn't agree more, the only penalties we got were in 2 bunches, just before halftime while in there half only and in the last 5 min of the game when it was game over.
I find it hard to believe that it took us 70 min to get a penalty in our own half, surely the sharks were not that disciplined!
They were getting penalties in there own 30 every couple of sets.
Timing of the penalties is huge in this day and age and every team should get a few piggy backs per game but we got none yesterday for the first 70 min

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agree.

We had 1 or 2 penalties total in the second half and they came in the final 2 minutes is that correct? Absolute rubbish Sharks were that disciplined for that long.

The Prior try actually came on the back of a penalty against us for crowing Lee. Biggest bogus penalty when the pocket ref even told him to play it straight. Just bad officiating that dictated the result.
Exactly right, pocket ref tells him play it straight yet still gets a penalty. Then after the penalty the ref tells him next time play it straight, pathetic!
We got our only penalties in two 5 minute bunches .5 in a row just before halftime while attacking there line and then a few in a row in the last 5 min.
They were given piggy bank penalties every few minutes it was so easy to see we dominated so much in defence until the ref kept piggy backing them upfield.
Fuckn joke! No luck at all

Malla

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, the only penalties we got were in 2 bunches, just before halftime while in there half only and in the last 5 min of the game when it was game over.
I find it hard to believe that it took us 70 min to get a penalty in our own half, surely the sharks were not that disciplined!
They were getting penalties in there own 30 every couple of sets.
Timing of the penalties is huge in this day and age and every team should get a few piggy backs per game but we got none yesterday for the first 70 min
Basically just said the same thing above! Haha!

What the game needs to look at as a whole is how penalties directly effect the result of the game. You could be up by 20 and a few penalties against ya the opposing team is back in the game.

Malla

Reaction score
Exactly right, pocket ref tells him play it straight yet still gets a penalty. Then after the penalty the ref tells him next time play it straight, pathetic!
We got our only penalties in two 5 minute bunches .5 in a row just before halftime while attacking there line and then a few in a row in the last 5 min.
They were given piggy bank penalties every few minutes it was so easy to see we dominated so much in defence until the ref kept piggy backing them upfield.
Fuckn joke! No luck at all
Or Dugan getting a sin bin with 50 seconds left, where the justice in that lol

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or Dugan getting a sin bin with 50 seconds left, where the justice in that lol
Lol badly aye! I still can't work out why the bunker did not stop play and sin bin prior for taking out mybe. I'm sure they can get in the refs ear if it's a professional foul situation. We did not deserve to lose yesterday

Malla

Reaction score
Lol badly aye! I still can't work out why the bunker did not stop play and sin bin prior for taking out mybe. I'm sure they can get in the refs ear if it's a professional foul situation. We did not deserve to lose yesterday
Agree. Simple fact is refs act with bias against bad teams. We are a bad team, as hard as it is to admit. That is probably 3 times this year we got dicked by the refs when we shouldn't have.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically just said the same thing above! Haha!

What the game needs to look at as a whole is how penalties directly effect the result of the game. You could be up by 20 and a few penalties against ya the opposing team is back in the game.
The refs just need to be consistent mate that's all it is imo.
After woods got done for incorrect play the ball I closely watched the sharks and I counted 7 incorrect play the balls. It's the luck of the draw with penalties

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Simple fact is refs act with bias against bad teams. We are a bad team, as hard as it is to admit. That is probably 3 times this year we got dicked by the refs when we shouldn't have.
Someone mentioned to me couple years back to notice that the better teams or teams higher on the ladder seem to get the 50 50 calls more often, I don't know why that is but I definitely have noticed it

Malla

Reaction score
Someone mentioned to me couple years back to notice that the better teams or teams higher on the ladder seem to get the 50 50 calls more often, I don't know why that is but I definitely have noticed it
Ref's sub conscious I guess. They are human after all.

I dont blame the ref for missing calls like that because it's easy to, but the game put in place the bunker and the second ref to remove that bias and when they dont do their job, or in the Lee instance they do but the ref blatantly ignores them, then he should cop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.