I miss James Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simple. We are paying for him to carve up at the Dragons and overpaying for Woods.

Dont take this the wrong way though, cant blame one player for a loss and his only good solid run to help set up the first try was good. Wish he ran like that more often though.

Also should add I think Pay needs to work on his bench management for a bit...and stop picking Priest. I only noticed him when he gave away penalties.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree Graham is 100% missed, especially if you compare him to the muppet pretender they replaced him with in SHE Woods !!! Seriously who ever made the decision to let Graham go and sign SHE Woods must be banned for life .. surely there must be an investigation in this matter HAHA ...!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He had to go. Going off the numbers we were told last week regarding our cap, my calculations say we'd be forfeiting the next few seasons not being able to fill our 30 man squad.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He had to go. Going off the numbers we were told last week regarding our cap, my calculations say we'd be forfeiting the next few seasons not being able to fill our 30 man squad.
Sorry but that makes no sense. We paying half for him, and 800k (or more??) for woods. Better off spending that money on just Graham...in our team.

That said I dont know how fucked things are. Impossible or not to have him back, i still miss the bloke in our team.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss him also but his not our attacking problem. We have no issue in making metres and our defence is ok. Besides that shit **** Woods and his mistakes and penalties Graham wouldn’t have done much. But I do agree he used to lock our defence tight and do those little 1% that win you games. Oh well all we can do now is swear and curse that has been Woods but we are stuck with him
For a while

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He wouldn't do much for us, his role at the Dragons is much smaller than it would be for us. Dragons are getting the best of him simply because their younger forwards are leading the pack and Graham can just be Graham without the massive workload or the need to consistently be on the ball week after week.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
why would we miss an old bloke going for 40 mins a game and doing nothing? I really don't get it. We would be up for a million a year for him this year. Add Woods pay check to that and we are probably paying in total $1.3m for Woods this year v $1m for Graham. For mine we are getting the better end of things. Not only that but the Dragoons are stuck with with paying his salary for the next 3 years at $1m+. For mine we win.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I miss his leadership and how he had the potential to amp up the boys. However he isnt really doing anything great at the Dragons, just a toiling wont let you down run off the mill front rower now... All the first class games he has played is taking its toll on his body.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
why would we miss an old bloke going for 40 mins a game and doing nothing? I really don't get it. We would be up for a million a year for him this year. Add Woods pay check to that and we are probably paying in total $1.3m for Woods this year v $1m for Graham. For mine we are getting the better end of things. Not only that but the Dragoons are stuck with with paying his salary for the next 3 years at $1m+. For mine we win.
I'll go one step further look at the stats for both for this year. Woods is the length of the straight ahead of Jammer. We got out of gaol offloading him. Even today Woods has more tackles, more metres, more offloads than Graham. Same every week for the past 11 weeks. Woods hasn't hit top speed yet but going half pace he is still better than Graham.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wouldn't do much for us, his role at the Dragons is much smaller than it would be for us. Dragons are getting the best of him simply because their younger forwards are leading the pack and Graham can just be Graham without the massive workload or the need to consistently be on the ball week after week.
Dragons attack looked at its worst all year .... guess who was handling majority of the set of 6 today when he was on .....

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love Graham.. we miss his leadership but he wouldnt change our results this year

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Simple. We are paying for him to carve up at the Dragons and overpaying for Woods.

Dont take this the wrong way though, cant blame one player for a loss and his only good solid run to help set up the first try was good. Wish he ran like that more often though.

Also should add I think Pay needs to work on his bench management for a bit...and stop picking Priest. I only noticed him when he gave away penalties.
I really hope the dragons don’t win the competition , graham will be remembered as a premiership dragon player and his years with us will fade to dust , he will hold them in much higher regard and rightfully so.... seeing Ennis photos at the game today was a hard reminder what poor management this club had over the last 5 years.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but that makes no sense. We paying half for him, and 800k (or more??) for woods. Better off spending that money on just Graham...in our team.

That said I dont know how fucked things are. Impossible or not to have him back, i still miss the bloke in our team.
Makes perfect sense buddy! Graham was on a massive contract for 2018 and to solve that we removed him and are now backloading the contract of Woods, so Woods is DEFINITELY NOT on $800k for this season. Our issue with Woods will be in a year or two money-wise.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense buddy! Graham was on a massive contract for 2018 and to solve that we removed him and are now backloading the contract of Woods, so Woods is DEFINITELY NOT on $800k for this season. Our issue with Woods will be in a year or two money-wise.
Ok no problem mate, I think I get it. This money/political side of footy I know nothing about. All I know is Graham has is heart on his sleeve when he plays and I miss him for that.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok no problem mate, I think I get it. This money/political side of footy I know nothing about. All I know is Graham has is heart on his sleeve when he plays and I miss him for that.
Completely with you on that.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham isn’t going that great, he makes an impact because he’s only playing half a game at the dragons. (Probably fair enough, considering they’re only playing half his wage).

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graham ain't carving nothing up, his well past his best

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We wouldn't be any better if he was with us so he is lucky he left

Status
Not open for further replies.