5 players for 500K

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Looks very bad position to be in but I feel it's like a fresh start next year. We are starting to build a foundation, so I'm happy with the youth policy and juniors the club is going for. No doubts foran wont see out his contract, also if someone comes in to take a big name at full freight the club will let them walk.
#@fuck des n dib.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bring back Addison Demetriou, currently playing for Newtown in the ISP and would slip right in to Eastwoods spot.
Again, if this guy is half as good as he is was reported to be a little while ago, could be a value signing

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely someone needs a tolman? How much is he rumoured to be on anyway?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again, if this guy is half as good as he is was reported to be a little while ago, could be a value signing
His quiet a damaging forward.. Could be anything if he gets fit.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope lichaa is released, great kid but offers nothing to us

Chippytaka

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wish people would stop dribbling about offloading players even if their backended deals make them over priced.
Eg Mbye on $900k next year. Realistically another club may pay $500-$600k meaning we need to pay the remainder. That means we only have $500-$600k to replace him. It’s daft unless someone is willing to pay the entire thing

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So eels have lost beau Scott for season which is effectively career eneding, sacked kenny Edwards so there down 2 forwards
Excuse me parra we have 2 exceptionally talented forwards in Aiden tolman and Adam Elliott.......

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are so light on in the backs! I’d like to see Tom Carr re-signed but we will need more.
No wonder we are in the shit. Look at the names they have put up for a first grade team! what a joke. I thought with the recent media releases we had a chance to rebuild properly but clearly there is still no idea at the helm.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Few ex-NRL players in the super league who would surely like another crack in the NRL even if its on minimum wage.

Bring in Tyrone Roberts, he aint no superstar but the kid can kick goals and would offer more than any of our current halves.

Sika Manu (31 years of age) - decent enough coming off the bench

Pauli Pauli (21 years of age)

David Mead (29 years of age)

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is there a chance of getting sezer if we sell off tolman and nu brown?... Foran has played 5/8 ever since he’s been a first grader. Common sense

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Few ex-NRL players in the super league who would surely like another crack in the NRL even if its on minimum wage.

Bring in Tyrone Roberts, he aint no superstar but the kid can kick goals and would offer more than any of our current halves.

Sika Manu (31 years of age) - decent enough coming off the bench

Pauli Pauli (21 years of age)

David Mead (29 years of age)

I thought Sika Manu was in his mid 30's

We would get more value for money from Tyrone Roberts over Foran for 1 tenth of the price

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoping against hope Tolman Lichaa Montoya Hopoate Brown move on - free up some dollars. They'd be stars in ESL and get long contracts. Need some backs with speed and aggression.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think people undervalue Tolmans input in the side (in particular in defence)... we've looked better when he's played for us this season (and it stops Woods playing longer minutes).

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think people undervalue Tolmans input in the side (in particular in defence)... we've looked better when he's played for us this season (and it stops Woods playing longer minutes).
I agree to a certain extent but Tolman is surplus when you have Klemmer, Woods and Jackson.

We need punch off the bench and thats something Tolman cannot provide.

Martin has been quite impressive and a forward pack of Klemmer, Woods, RFM, Martin & Jackson is quite good and balanced.

To'omaga is a rookie and he needs time to gain experience, NRL standard fitness and the grind, though he must be kept on the bench and given 15-20 minutes per game. Definitely persist with the kid

We also have Ogden in the lower ranks who is very promising and he is about a year or two away.

It would be good if we could offload Tolman to a club who is willing to pay a larger chunk of his salary (HELLO PARRA! do yourselves a favour and get rid of the likes of Mannah, Evans and Scott)

We need a player off the bench like Sam Tagatese who was great for Cronulla in their premiership year. Im not saying we need him but a player of his calibre coming off the bench.

We have much larger issues like our halves which has been an issue for quite sometime, and if we are to lose both Morris brothers we are definitely up shit creek.

Malla

Reaction score
Thats our 'dire' cap situation as presented by the club tonight..

Sure our cap isnt good but on radio tonight a player manager has said on triple m its very common for NRL teams to have the last 7-8players in their 30man squad on an average of 100K each for 700-800K total

Clearly the situations not great amd our cap looks tight for a few years affecting our ability to sign stars, but having our bottom 5 players, 26-30 in our 30man squad on a 100K each is far from the end of the world..

Klemmer & Mbye dont need to go anywhere..

Thats my take on our salary cap situation
True but I think the Doggies are leaking this stuff purposely to move some dead wood that the previous admin picked up ie. Aaron Woods. We could easily pick up another rep half on the coin he is on and if you look at some of our younger forwards coming up, we did not need Woods at all.

The struggle as well is this current team minus Morris boys and Eastwood plus 5 fringe first graders for 500k total - that's a pretty fucked up situation.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been shafted by over 5 clubs so there is probably issues with him. I know he does have at least one indiscretion relating to drugs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still cannot fathom how the club sees Okunbor as an edge backrower..........

Status
Not open for further replies.