Bulldogs can't bring in stars for three years: CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easily Fixed - offer Eastwood to retire and agree to end his contract a year early - employ him for school development clinics. Give that money to the Morris twins to stay and sign them up for a 3 year contract post footy for ongoing community focused initiatives on good money.
Eastwood is only contracted for this year.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The greed of players like Mbye has played its part in the mess the club is now in. They and their managers would know there is a limit to the money the club can pay. If they negotiate a large slice of the cap it doesn't leave much for the rest, Now they find their club cant afford quality players to support them so now they are part of a team that will do it hard for the next few seasons. What did they expect? Now club, players and supporters all suffer. To make it worse Mbye like many of our highly paid players is no where near the value he is being paid. He is a rookie fullback still trying to properly learn the position if he ever will. He doesn't deserve half the money he is on.
That is ridiculous. Mbye and any other player will only be paid what clubs are willing to pay. If our previous administration were willing to pay overs for him then good luck to him. The blame is on the decision makers, not the players

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least we're not crap like Newcastle.
We've shown that we can be competitive against the top 8, including wins against Penrith who are 2nd on the ladder.

If we had a bit of luck in those close games that we lost (Storm,Souths,BroncosPanthers) , we would be sitting in the top four on 12 or 14 competition points.
With the squad that we have, I still have some expectations for top 8 in the coming years, unlike Newcastle who we're filled with reserve grade or over the hill players..
If we weren't reffed out of the broncos and souffs game we would have 10 points. Once again proof the nrl have something against us. I mean two supporters one off his face sucked todd g off all night and one bogan bitch was bitching and was saying we should try and win every game and stopo blaming the refs and this crap during the dogs q&a session.

The other was a dopey bitch screaming stop blaming the ref repeatedly. Clearly they know nothing.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought last year that des has had a falling out with the club at some stage and gone out of his way to deliberately sabotage the club. I now think this scenario is more and more likely. No one is that stupid. He has planned to fuck us in every way and succeeded temporarily anyway.
I agree, signing dutchie who was/is a fringe first grader to a 3 year deal, Aaron woods for a reported 800k for 4 years and Tolman for 4 years are the biggest Fu(k you to the club.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is no one to blame for the problems surrounding the Dogs salary cap then the club and its management... agents are there to get their players the best deal they can... players are in the game for a short period and if they want to maximise their earnings to prepare for life after football (as they should), good luck to them... clubs have no compunction getting rid of underperforming players or players at the tail end of their careers when they are no longer what they once were... the club will live and die on the field by the manner in which it manages its cap and we are f*%#ing dying out there from a thousand cuts

no doubt, managing a club's salary cap is not easy and it is not helped by a league that could not advise the clubs in a timely fashion what the actual cap limit is for the year in question... but there are plenty of tough jobs in this world and if you are not competent enough to do them, step aside and let someone else who can

i would not have thought the club could have allowed themselves to descend into such a salary cap mess and mire... multiple players on back-ended deals, multiple players playing for other clubs against us still earning money from us from badly negotiated deals while with us, multiple players on ratcheted deals which increase percentage wise with any increase in the cap... moronic... what is more, they have allowed the juniors to fall away from what was once a pre-eminent place the club occupied which means we do not have relatively cheap up and comers to slot into the team to offset the salary cap mess

Des Hasler is clearly a great coach... he is meticulous and can prepare a FG team to its limit to achieve the best results possible... but if we look at the Sea Eagles and Bulldogs as clubs (ie. more than just the 17 players that run outeach week) once Hasler moved on, it is clear that he also has no clue what makes a club great beyond simply preparing the FG squad --> he has no regard for junior development... he has no financial sense when it comes to salary cap management and moreover, does not appreciate that fact enough to allow others who do to manage the cap... he has no eye for external talent to recruit (eg. Williams recruited and persisted with whilst the club let go of the likes of Pritchard, Taupau, Finucane etc.)

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Situation nowhere near as grim as claimed.

In their defense Mr I they were still dealing with that parasite Hasler at the time. After they burnt his lips from our ass' and sent him on his way I guess the cap situation was next on the agenda. I don't know about you Mr I but I appreciated Hill coming out and telling us how we stood with the cap and the situation moving forward. I really hated the unholy trinity and their cloak and dagger approach that they took with us fans.
I appreciate they came out and explained it, but it should have been handled the first time all this bullshit came out. Who knows the impact this has had on our playing group with them up in the air about their positions.

Graham is one of five players the Bulldogs are still carrying part of their salaries in their cap – the others are Brenko Lee (Titans), Brad Abbey (Raiders), Sam Kasiano (Storm) and Moses Suli (Manly).
That's not entirely correct.

Moses Suli and the Bulldogs agreed to a mutual termination of the contract to release him. We aren't paying a cent of Suli's wage as contract was terminated.

Why we are paying Graham, Kasiano still is ridiculous, that should be over next year.

Finally Lee and Abbey would be on fuck all.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly our squad just needs a few tweaks and we can win a title. We need another quality half which could be developed and some speed out wide.
Well said. This year with our squad we can be competitive and fight for a finals spot.

Next year is next year.

Never give up

Reactions: DT

silva

Utility
Reaction score
there is no one to blame for the problems surrounding the Dogs salary cap then the club and its management... agents are there to get their players the best deal they can... players are in the game for a short period and if they want to maximise their earnings to prepare for life after football (as they should), good luck to them... clubs have no compunction getting rid of underperforming players or players at the tail end of their careers when they are no longer what they once were... the club will live and die on the field by the manner in which it manages its cap and we are f*%#ing dying out there from a thousand cuts

no doubt, managing a club's salary cap is not easy and it is not helped by a league that could not advise the clubs in a timely fashion what the actual cap limit is for the year in question... but there are plenty of tough jobs in this world and if you are not competent enough to do them, step aside and let someone else who can

i would not have thought the club could have allowed themselves to descend into such a salary cap mess and mire... multiple players on back-ended deals, multiple players playing for other clubs against us still earning money from us from badly negotiated deals while with us, multiple players on ratcheted deals which increase percentage wise with any increase in the cap... moronic... what is more, they have allowed the juniors to fall away from what was once a pre-eminent place the club occupied which means we do not have relatively cheap up and comers to slot into the team to offset the salary cap mess

Des Hasler is clearly a great coach... he is meticulous and can prepare a FG team to its limit to achieve the best results possible... but if we look at the Sea Eagles and Bulldogs as clubs (ie. more than just the 17 players that run outeach week) once Hasler moved on, it is clear that he also has no clue what makes a club great beyond simply preparing the FG squad --> he has no regard for junior development... he has no financial sense when it comes to salary cap management and moreover, does not appreciate that fact enough to allow others who do to manage the cap... he has no eye for external talent to recruit (eg. Williams recruited and persisted with whilst the club let go of the likes of Pritchard, Taupau, Finucane etc.)
Regarding your last paragraph, did manly not make the GF 2 years after he left? Seriously he didn't leave them in a bad state at all. Yes he backends contracts but I mean this is all been blown out of proportion. This blame des shit is a cop out. The media are a joke...line em up on the wall and shoot the fucken lot of em

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would the Morris brothers take a pay cut to stay in their comfort zone?
It's not possible even if they take $200k each. we have to sign 30 players. Morris's will take up the cap if re-signed. Sad really.

Dib and Des hang your heads in shame

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The greed of players like Mbye has played its part in the mess the club is now in. They and their managers would know there is a limit to the money the club can pay. If they negotiate a large slice of the cap it doesn't leave much for the rest, Now they find their club cant afford quality players to support them so now they are part of a team that will do it hard for the next few seasons. What did they expect? Now club, players and supporters all suffer. To make it worse Mbye like many of our highly paid players is no where near the value he is being paid. He is a rookie fullback still trying to properly learn the position if he ever will. He doesn't deserve half the money he is on.
Will you go into an interview and offer the boss he pay you a low income to work before an offer is made?
Or will you go into your boss and say I love this company so much I'll take a pay cut?

Players deserve every cent they get especially in this game. It's not their fault that they are too smart for their boss to negotiate inflated salaries. Your frustrations should be towards Dib and Des not the players.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought last year that des has had a falling out with the club at some stage and gone out of his way to deliberately sabotage the club. I now think this scenario is more and more likely. No one is that stupid. He has planned to fuck us in every way and succeeded temporarily anyway.
Something tells me he knew exactly what he was doing. He looked after the players but screwed a club.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hasler is a control freak. He wants to mould players to his requirements. This is why he wanted to keep players and put them on backended deals knowing he has them for many years while he manipulates their minds like its a cult. His way or no way. He didn't like making many changes because new players coming into his team will not fit in or understand his robotic style. So he kept the same players and was reluctant to sign anyone new that would question his style.

As for Dib, he was Haslers puppet.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder how our ‘stars’ must feel knowing that they are signed to a club that will barely be competitive for the next 3 years.

Maybe they don’t want to wait? Maybe they leave?
We'll they can eff off then.. We want Bulldogs here, not DOGS!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly our squad just needs a few tweaks and we can win a title. We need another quality half which could be developed and some speed out wide.
I'm just happy we have no choice but blood anyone and everyone now... Need to rid one player asap and start re-signing and playing them.

Now add Lewis.

Reactions: DT

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First one to see either or all of Des, Dib or Raelene gets to Mussolini them!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol this is a shambolic mess and we've still got deluded plebs on here claiming "ohhh see it's not so bad"

When in this modern era of rugby league has a club had to resign themselves to not being able to afford to buy a notable player for 3 years? Never. Until now of course.

Meanwhile 30% of our top squad will be comprised of minimum wage hacks. Whilst amongst the remainder we're overpaying a bang average front rower to the tune of 800k/year, an unproven fullback roughly 750k/year, a reserve grade forward 800k/year, and a busted halfback even more.

Don't even get me started on the players currently at other clubs that we're paying for.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will you go into an interview and offer the boss he pay you a low income to work before an offer is made?
Or will you go into your boss and say I love this company so much I'll take a pay cut?

Players deserve every cent they get especially in this game. It's not their fault that they are too smart for their boss to negotiate inflated salaries. Your frustrations should be towards Dib and Des not the players.
True except that they get paid that big money to perform 100% in each game and actually do enough to take a game by the scruff of the neck and win it for their club.

We havent seen that anywhere near enough with our big money players is my beef with their value for money ratio.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Am i crazy for thinking our club leaked bs info in the lead up to this to make our actual situation not feel as bad as it actually is? Lol.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the dogs thinking get rid of one to keep two??

If one big contracted player leaves, it means that money can be split between the Morris's. I think there is some hope and I'm sure they have been told they can stay on the proviso the dogs can offload one player.

Or, the other option is Nu Brown and Lichaa leave and that money to the Morris's. It's making sense this is the preferred option. Pay hasn't played Nu Brown and dropped Lichaa to hopefully move them on. And this is why Holland on a contract of approx. $150k is being tested at hooker.

Sure, it's been said directly no one is being shopped around but the likes of Nu Brown and Lichaa would not want to stay in ISP.

The horse hasn't bolted yet on the Morris twins I don't think.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol Oatley Dog. You have no idea Mate.

How many times has this nuffie said we have no cap issues because we were releasing Eastwood lol.

I suppose Andrew Hill got it wrong as well.
You are a special kind of sad person aren't you. Still in your little special world I am sure you are king so good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.