Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are missing an explosive front rower off the bench. Titans were previously believed to be interested in Tolman, Latu is a Bulldogs junior and hasn't really kicked on up there, maybe a swap and a bit of change from the transaction to help ease the doggies cap concerns.
Just an idea as he also use to partner Klemmer in the juniors.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id love it. That said think he’s on big coin at tits!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are missing an explosive front rower off the bench. Titans were previously believed to be interested in Tolman, Latu is a Bulldogs junior and hasn't really kicked on up there, maybe a swap and a bit of change from the transaction to help ease the doggies cap concerns.
He wanna sign on for a piece of old chewing gum and stale packet of chips?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
been pumping this one up for a while. would be great to get him back

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
jack bird is unhappy.

We have 800k left in the cap.

Think we got our 6... fucking throw the bank right now.
I don’t get the hype with Bird, I’ve never rated him, particularly as a 6, maybe as a centre but he’s not a bloke I’d want to be putting marquee status on as our 5/8.

I think his arthritic condition will eventually catch up with him also and it wouldn’t surprise me if he retired early.

I hope not for his sake though...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's recruit the Roosters Accountant this would automatically take care of our salary cap problems and we would have $20 million in our cap to spend with No TPA and No back-ended contracts.
Politis is their accountant.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t get the hype with Bird, I’ve never rated him, particularly as a 6, maybe as a centre but he’s not a bloke I’d want to be putting marquee status on as our 5/8.

I think his arthritic condition will eventually catch up with him also and it wouldn’t surprise me if he retired early.

I hope not for his sake though...
I think he could become a great lock but I tend to agree with you, he seems a bit overrated.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of those Hemsworth brothers....

I don’t really give a fuck any more...
We tried that with what's his name.. That model ****.. Something longquizt and that other f45 model **** that got his jaw broke

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We tried that with what's his name.. That model ****.. Something longquizt and that other f45 model **** that got his jaw broke
Does anyone know if Jesse Ramien is contracted to sharks past this year? There could be some value there as he is on the fringe at Sharks but looks sharp.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nick Youngquest or something, I think it was.... lol

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I call bs on this whole thing.
The facts are every one of our players contacted have contacts. Meaning if they want to stay they can't be forced to leave. So to think that the nrl has allowed a club to not have enough to pay minimum wage is bs. And if it is true it's on the nrl as much as it is the bulldogs.So they really can't do anything about it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the story is true and Wayne Bennett is on the outer at the Bronco's he should be looked at as a coaching advisor/assistant to Dean Pay without a doubt.

I know there is now a cap on expenditure on staff but do whatever it takes to get him. It will only benefit Dean Pay and inparticular the players. We can also use his experience with our junior system right through to top grade. Even if it's a consultancy role it doesn't matter, just get him!

We are a club trying to build back up from the bottom and his knowledge would be priceless for us right now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the story is true and Wayne Bennett is on the outer at the Bronco's he should be looked at as a coaching advisor/assistant to Dean Pay without a doubt.

I know there is now a cap on expenditure on staff but do whatever it takes to get him. It will only benefit Dean Pay and inparticular the players. We can also use his experience with our junior system right through to top grade. Even if it's a consultancy role it doesn't matter, just get him!

We are a club trying to build back up from the bottom and his knowledge would be priceless for us right now.
But would he be any good at it?

I have heard he is a good man manager, and many players who played under him saw him almost as a father (not including Darius).

But his coaching techniques themselves are clearly past it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But would he be any good at it?

I have heard he is a good man manager, and many players who played under him saw him almost as a father (not including Darius).

But his coaching techniques themselves are clearly past it.
Exactly. You don’t sack a 7 times premiership coach for the second time unless there is other hidden issues.

So ok results wise he is up there with the best. Man management wise he is unbelievable. The faith he has in his players gives them an edge. But yeh possibly as a coach he is past it. And at 68 you’d think his coaching days are over.