Coaching is tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
End of the day its just his opinion. Sometimes I agree with him sometimes I think he is an agenda driven retard. Different opinions are what makes a fan forum.
Nate DAWG, I agree and understand it’s a fan forum. But let’s be really honest here. We all bleed blue and white and never would we intentionally bring harm to any of our supporters, players and coaching staff. We all want the best for our club. Can you honestly tell me that no player out of our whole squad, reserve grade, Jersey flegg, SG ball or Harold Matthew has never been on this forum. I highly doubt that. Remember, most players across all our grades are kids, teenagers and a lot in their early twenties. Opinions are totally different to when someone death rides our coach or even our players. How do you think our players would react if they ever did read this forum. Do you think they’ll be encouraged? We need to support our coach and players not death ride them, remembering that they too have access to this site and no one will stop them from reading it. Some posters on here really blow my mind. They want the team to succeed but on the other hand bag the living daylights out of them. It can be very damaging to our team. And they call themselves supporters! I’m not talking about constructive criticism here, some of the shit said on here by a few is mind boggling and very destructive.

It’s not only a handful who read this, it’s a public forum, any coach or player or media or referee in the NRL has access to this site.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got to admit I was annoyed , not so much at Pay , but at the club for choosing Pay who's never coached a first grade side over Dymock who rescued us in 2011 and (pretty sure) he was behind our success for the last 3 games of Annus horriblis 2017

But I'm starting to like the guy.. A lot
I like how he fights for his boys even down to ensuring they get the respect they deserve from turds like Sutton
Dymock over Pay, Are you kidding me? Dymock has been tainted now by being the mad professors understudy. He had to go and the Club did great to get someone fresh from outside the sphere of Des's influence.

Dymock can now relearn how teams play football by being under Flanagan. Maybe in the future he could be a good Head coach but definately not until he unlearns the shit Hasler taught him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Dymock over Pay, Are you kidding me? Dymock has been tainted now by being the mad professors understudy. He had to go and the Club did great to get someone fresh from outside the sphere of Des's influence.

Dymock can now relearn how teams play football by being under Flanagan. Maybe in the future he could be a good Head coach but definately not until he unlearns the shit Hasler taught him.
You know for a fact he would use the same style as Hasler do you ? He might of had a completely different approach and set up compared to Hasler.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For sure, but he's still making the same mistakes. I don't care that he gets excited or is trying things because any nobody on here could do the same.

Last night i saw Jackson on at lock and Elliott at prop at the same time, like i legit had to stop myself from having a heart attack in that moment. Thankfully Elliott was forced to come off with a HIA. Klemmer still is playing to little minutes and only came back on because Fualalo copped an injury. He has atleast got the guys up for games but theres just so many issues around his coaching and i won't ever be excited until he addresses them.
Why are you wasting time on the kennel, why aren't you a first grade coach? You seem to know so much.....oh yeah because you have no idea where to start.
You talk like your opinion is fact, you have an opinion like the rest of us but it doesn't make it fact.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
There's something on that right side....Perret had the same problem too..
Idris & El Magic had some issues there too (mostly Idris though) lol

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Nate DAWG, I agree and understand it’s a fan forum. But let’s be really honest here. We all bleed blue and white and never would we intentionally bring harm to any of our supporters, players and coaching staff. We all want the best for our club. Can you honestly tell me that no player out of our whole squad, reserve grade, Jersey flegg, SG ball or Harold Matthew has never been on this forum. I highly doubt that. Remember, most players across all our grades are kids, teenagers and a lot in their early twenties. Opinions are totally different to when someone death rides our coach or even our players. How do you think our players would react if they ever did read this forum. Do you think they’ll be encouraged? We need to support our coach and players not death ride them, remembering that they too have access to this site and no one will stop them from reading it. Some posters on here really blow my mind. They want the team to succeed but on the other hand bag the living daylights out of them. It can be very damaging to our team. And they call themselves supporters! I’m not talking about constructive criticism here, some of the shit said on here by a few is mind boggling and very destructive.

It’s not only a handful who read this, it’s a public forum, any coach or player or media or referee in the NRL has access to this site.
If we all agreed and held hands singing Peace to the World this forum would be very very boring. People disagreeing is really what makes this forum fun/work. I do think we shouldn't hold back on criticising a player/coach just because there is the possibility it can be read by them. They all get coaching and are taught how to deal with the public scrutinising them, they aren't little babies that need safe spaces cause someone wrote a big bad mean comment about their game.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we all agreed and held hands singing Peace to the World this forum would be very very boring. People disagreeing is really what makes this forum fun/work. I do think we shouldn't hold back on criticising a player/coach just because there is the possibility it can be read by them. They all get coaching and are taught how to deal with the public scrutinising them, they aren't little babies that need safe spaces cause someone wrote a big bad mean comment about their game.
As I said constructive criticsm and opinons is very different to death riding. Personally attacking players and coaches is very different mate.
If you can't work out the difference, then I can't help you.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are you wasting time on the kennel, why aren't you a first grade coach? You seem to know so much.....oh yeah because you have no idea where to start.
You talk like your opinion is fact, you have an opinion like the rest of us but it doesn't make it fact.
Don't worry mate it's just dribble bullcrap. When he's got nothing to say, he'll just come out with the F's and the C's, F that, sack the C**T etc etc etc
And you call that opinion....please!!
The guy is probably in his teens for all we know.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
As I said constructive criticsm and opinons is very different to death riding. Personally attacking players and coaches is very different mate.
If you can't work out the difference, then I can't help you.
I do see your point, but even if someone gives there "constructive criticism" view, it might be totally disagreed with by someone else and viewed as not constructive criticism as they don't agree with the view. Bottom line it's a forum where blokes all think they know everything and we all talk shit. The End.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I do see your point, but even if someone gives there "constructive criticism" view, it might be totally disagreed with by someone else and viewed as not constructive criticism as they don't agree with the view. Bottom line it's a forum where blokes all think they know everything and we all talk shit. The End.
Ok, enough of this crap.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For sure, but he's still making the same mistakes. I don't care that he gets excited or is trying things because any nobody on here could do the same.

Last night i saw Jackson on at lock and Elliott at prop at the same time, like i legit had to stop myself from having a heart attack in that moment. Thankfully Elliott was forced to come off with a HIA. Klemmer still is playing to little minutes and only came back on because Fualalo copped an injury. He has atleast got the guys up for games but theres just so many issues around his coaching and i won't ever be excited until he addresses them.
I'll be excited when you stop whingeing

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, Montoya often fins himself having to defend an overlap of three attackers.

I'm not saying he's not part of the problem, but often the damage has already been done inside him.
Finally someone who gets it.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am happy to support Deano as coach. Loved watching him play and his coaching credentials and apprenticeship are sound. When Bullfrog gave the coaching job to rookie coach Phil Gould the dogs won a premiership. The only reason Bullfrog moved him on was to get his son-in-law Chris Anderson into the job.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to say at moment..I wont bag him out hes trying so il give him until end of year..

Our attack is worse than last year.. 2 tries against a 16th placed team (1 which was because a howler from gutherson) is woeful

Imo our attack should improve from 2017 as our lineup is stronger than last year

We finished last year very strong against top 8 teams contenders like Manly & Dragons
Honestly, I’m happy to give him this year and next year to prove himself, possibly a 3rd year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I’m happy to give him this year and next year to prove himself, possibly a 3rd year.
I agree Papa. Des walked into a settled squad in 2012 that included soon to be Daly M player of the year, thanks to K.Moore.

Where as Deano’s walked into a mess.

The only way anybody can judge Pay is after he’s assembled his own team.
Des got given that chance and he was an outsider. Pay deserves the chance and respect as our head coach.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

By that logic . Pay is Even woRse he has been Stuart’s assistant and for all Haslers faults , still would prefer him to Sticky , who has escaped criticism cos he is Kent’s best mate

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump
This needs to be bumped due to the hate Pay posts and threads running rampant after another loss today

Status
Not open for further replies.